The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback Megathread: Saryn Revisited.

[DE]Rebecca

The HP of molt has no problem since you want it to blow up miasmas only problem is how you have to using and what I mean by that is it's an active skill. If it was a toggleable skill all the setup of 1/2 wouldnt feel for naught cause you'd be doing steady dmg from miasma then those procs would increase it as you go.

(facepalm)

the damage on miasma only tackles a 40-ish bombard even with molt+spore, why do I always want to use miasma with molt?

Doesn't this revisit aimed to let us not using miasma all the time?

could we make molt serve its purpose: to stand long enough so Saryn can recover?

Seriously

Spore does viral proc

Molt&Lash do toxin proc

Why Miasma doesn't do any proc at all?????

Because right now the most useful element is corrosive. Of all elemental damage corrosive is the one that give the less negative bonus beetween 3 of 4 faction.

9 weapons builds on 10 have corrosive damage on it. Damage 2.0 is useless like it is now. They went from rainbow build to mono-build.

Saryn with her corrosive status had a great bonus with that.

(facepalm)

the damage on miasma only tackles a 40-ish bombard even with molt+spore, why do I always want to use miasma with molt?

Doesn't this revisit aimed to let us not using miasma all the time?

could we make molt serve its purpose: to stand long enough so Saryn can recover?

Isnt that what everyone complained about before the rework? that we only needed to use 4tw? Now we need to use every skill she has which most frames dont have. Most frames only have 1-2 worth using skills. she gets 4

Isnt that what everyone complained about before the rework? that we only needed to use 4tw? Now we need to use every skill she has which most frames dont have. Most frames only have 1-2 worth using skills. she gets 4

BUT WE USE EVERY SKILL JUST TO USE HER 4. THIS IS JUST STUPID AND USELESS FOR GODSAKE.

Open your eyes.

Edited by Hecko

I´ll hold my decision on this Saryn changes until it hits ps4. But what I´m afraid of already is chaining this power combos on ps4 controller.

I see a lot of "you can´t hit three buttons instead of one, git good noob" and so on...

Well it´s not that simple on ps4 controller. Afaik there are only three ways to select power and cast power on controller:

1) use touchpad to cast power (swap up, down, left, right), this method force me to take thumb off right stick, problem with powers that need aiming (spore);

2) use button to bring up power menu, click button with assigned power. Again forced to take one finger off stick (depends on button layout);

3) cycle between powers through analog dpad, casting with R3, and yet again i´m forced to take off left thumb to select power, while standing still for a moment;

I´ve tested all of the three above methods and method nr.3 suits me the most and I´m using it for over year now. So chaining these combos (three powers) on ps4 is not only hit three buttons instead of one, it´s 6 at least. I hope this doesn´t become a new trend to chaining powers for effectivness, I really don´t want get carpal tunnel syndrome...

Edited by (PS4)Lukashcz

But this revisit still didn't fix scalability, right?

Fourth, melee is still trash and toxic lash is not good. 

And this is where I started laughing and stopped reading.  Melee is definitely not trash.  Far from it.

Since they altered Spores to spread when enemies die (with decreased range) and the fact Toxic Lash procs stack?  Getting into melee range has never been more fun.  Fast hitting or weapons with wide hitboxes (Galatine, Tonbo, etc) lets you cleave into enemies and stack DoTs left and right.  I've been running T3 and T4 voids and just eating everything.  Moreso if a second Saryn enters the party.

BUT WE USE EVERY SKILL JUST TO USE HER 4. THIS IS JUST STUPID AND USELESS FOR GODSAKE.

Open your eyes.

Her 4 isnt mandatory now. I mean do you spam 4 with frost? How bout nekros or nyx. No you use them when it feels right not just because you jumped into a crowd

But this revisit still didn't fix scalability, right?

Constant viral procs around the map doesnt help? I mean now the higher lv they get they still always have 50% hp

There is a big problem with molt.

Molt is feeding miasma while being damaged but as enemies lvl scales it gets instantly destroyed, giving us no chance or time to cast miasma and take advantage of it.

Molt needs to scale with enemy lvl or give it an invulnerability phase for a brief seconds and sound before insta exploding. This way we have a time window and notification when molt is about to blow.

Current mechanic we have to aim at molt if we want check health and maximize damage + high lvl enemies insta kills it, giving us no chance to buff miasma.

Edited by 007-Creed

Her 4 isnt mandatory now. I mean do you spam 4 with frost? How bout nekros or nyx. No you use them when it feels right not just because you jumped into a crowd

Constant viral procs around the map doesnt help? I mean now the higher lv they get they still always have 50% hp

If i want viral proc i have weapons. Saryn had corrosive and right now it's the most effective element for 3 of 4 faction. They just make us use her 4 in a very complicated way. No other frames do that to make their ulti shine. You dont cast a bubble before avalanche, you dont teleport before radial disarm and you dont speed before volt ultimate.

This is not synergy, this is dependence.

Viral proc is basically a x2 damage multiplier

everything falls off and doesn't scale in this game except CC, because CC doesn't have a number at the beginning

Saryn desperately need solid CC, the only CC she has now is molt(which is HP based, and doesn't scale with enemies level, melts in 2 shot and doesn't work as a CC or recover enough HP before it melts with the augment) and a short stun from miasma

we need snow globe treatment on molt so at least it last for a while for sure, and more CC on miasma, like staggering on each tick

and you can spam 4 to freeze the whole map with frost, I mean it

And this is where I started laughing and stopped reading.  Melee is definitely not trash.  Far from it.

Since they altered Spores to spread when enemies die (with decreased range) and the fact Toxic Lash procs stack?  Getting into melee range has never been more fun.  Fast hitting or weapons with wide hitboxes (Galatine, Tonbo, etc) lets you cleave into enemies and stack DoTs left and right.  I've been running T3 and T4 voids and just eating everything.  Moreso if a second Saryn enters the party.

T3- T4 capture I guess because on any T3-T4 endless beyond 10 minutes and when multiple bombards start showing up you are screwed as Saryn. Another baseless braggart to add to the lot. 

So is this considered a rework? As I see it, the only good thing about saryn's current abilities is that spore has basically replaced the miasma spam. Molt has always been good and toxic lash/contagion is still an afterthought. Saryn's "revisit" just completely made me ignore her 3rd and 4th ability. Sure you can say her skills work together now but I feel it isn't practical. As people have mentioned, her skill set are so dependent on each other that it doesn't offer any versatility. It is nothing like frost or excaliburs complete overhaul of all their skill set. Frost himself became a better tank, cc'er, and dmg'er & excalibur being able to hit through nullifiers and exalted blade being able to use lifestrike and hitting through walls and not to mention a blind while sliding. I literally was in a t4S faceplanting a wall pressing "e" at every mob coming towards me for 60min straight w/ no repurcussions.

Edited by Creamed

Old Saryn: Enemy has 50000 health = 5 miasmas  Min energy needed 25*5 = 125

New Saryn: Enemy has 50000 health = 1 spore 1 miasma 1 molt Energy needed 12.5+6.25+25 = 43.75

Old Saryn: casting time 2-3 seconds - 50000 / 3 = 16666 dps

New Saryn: 27 seconds and change.. 50000 / 27 = 1815 dps

in my book, this is a dps nerf!

There is a big problem with molt.

Molt is feeding miasma while being damaged but as enemies lvl scales it gets instantly destroyed, giving us no chance or time to cast miasma and take advantage of it.

Molt needs to scale with enemy lvl or give it an invulnerability phase for a brief seconds and sound before insta exploding. This way we have a time window and notification when molt is about to blow.

Current mechanic we have to aim at molt if we want check health and maximize damage + high lvl enemies insta kills it, giving us no chance to buff miasma.

After testing Saryn on some lvl 50-60 content I agree that miasma dies waaaaay too quickly to properly utilize it not only for the miasma's sake but also as a decoy to ease some of that damage off your flowery &#!. It'd be best if it could scale with Saryn's health to hold on longer since we can detonate it with miasma.

Another thing is her survive ability, she gets her &#! handed easily when trying to engage the group various of enemies (i.e. a group containing a bombard and a heavy gunner among trash mobs). It's partially connected to molt being too weak to drag mobs attention and the fact that despite the armor buff she's still a bit too squishy to engage mobs in direct melee contact.

Miasma could have some more CC element to it, like a longer stun and spread over time like Nova's MP to give Saryn a bigger time window to either finish off the enemies, launch another combo or get into safe distance.

Also for the love of the God reduce the energy required for her skills. I tried multiple builds and while I don't mind waltzing around with skills her energy economy is horrible even in the most efficient builds.

It's not that complicated, the new Sayrn reworked requires a bit of planning to set up a nuke, and a larger energy commitment. Sure, it does more damage, but you're going to have to spend more time in a room getting shot at, and more energy per room clear for all but high-lvl enemies. It just means more time spent on setting up abilities and less time spent on focused weapon damage or avoidance of incoming fire. 

I like to move and parkour a lot, so I find the time and larger energy cost it takes to set up her nuke (even though it does do more damage) isn't worth it for my play style, or I suspect the play-style of many of the people who loved Sayrn. I never did play Sayrn a lot, but if I do again now it will be as a status support frame who debuffs a room and then attempts a clear if there is extra energy. That's ok with me, I would prefer a frame that I could try to find some team synergy at high level than a frame I used to blitz the occasional mid-lvl mission. 

Point is, she's different enough that naturally people who wanted a frame with a simple room nuke for mid-lvl missions will have to find something else, and are naturally upset at that loss of utility in a game with extensive farming. Hopefully Sayrn will get picked up for custom teams if her status abilities do work as well as some of you claim (haven't tested myself) and this will eventually be seen as a good change. 

Old Saryn: casting time 2-3 seconds - 50000 / 3 = 16666 dps

New Saryn: 27 seconds and change.. 50000 / 27 = 1815 dps

in my book, this is a dps nerf!

Again you people are ONLY looking at miasma. You have to look at all the numbers. with a viral proc with that health itd already have done 25000 dmg in a millisecond how is that a nerf?

Again you people are ONLY looking at miasma. You have to look at all the numbers. with a viral proc with that health itd already have done 25000 dmg in a millisecond how is that a nerf?

Viral has been in the game long before this update.

If this is your first time using Viral I can see how this can be exciting, but the fact of the matter is that the dps has been lowered, the eHP has been lowered, and they carried out these nerfs with a smile on.

Viral has been in the game long before this update.

If this is your first time using Viral I can see how this can be exciting, but the fact of the matter is that the dps has been lowered, the eHP has been lowered, and they carried out these nerfs with a smile on.

If this is such a huge nerf why then at the end of the game using only her skills do i have the most kills and the most damage. If it was a huge dps nerf then this would no longer be possible

If this is such a huge nerf why then at the end of the game using only her skills do i have the most kills and the most damage. If it was a huge dps nerf then this would no longer be possible

Because end game is subjective and anyone can reach it. Ash can Bladestorm his way to end-game, but that doesn't mean that Bladestorm is good. Niche at best.

lol to the white knight,

the problem doesnt lie on the damage, its perfectly fine

problem is its efficiency, dont lie to me, saryn rework is power hungry, that doesnt bold well as the level goes up.

though i was having fun with it along with a friend trinity but thats it... when trin is gone...

how many energy restore did you spend on your saryn today?

what kind of role does she fit now on optimum team setup?

dont get me wrong i got 32% usage of all warframe on saryn, she is my main, solo survival and solo mission, i rarely use miasma, just when i get sorrounded, mostly use molt due to the fact of the regenerations

Edited by vashyoung