Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Infested With Toxic Aura Need To Go.

BloodKitten

its annoying to have an enemy that can proc damage over time to your health just from being 10-15 meters from you, is you have 2-3 of them (in example new loka hit squad) you die due to the unblockable toxic proc aura.

this enemy type should insted have viral aura procs, so it only temporarly reduce your health, simular to how those gas clouds work in hives, its would be better and less cheap to play against.

Viral procs are much much more devastating than a health drain.
I swear I'll die faster than anything can sustain me if I were ever mobbed.

Imagine already being swarmed then Viral Proc occurs : boom instant death due to mobbing.
Not to say mobbing is totally an impossible thing to happen

Edited by YasaiTsume

Sounds good.

But doesn't that mean that enemies with toxix proc will stop exist?

So far ancients are the only ones that do them... There must be someone toxic to synergise with them, just not aoe.

Some Infested release gas clouds when they die.

Those give toxic procs as well.

Sounds good.

But doesn't that mean that enemies with toxix proc will stop exist?

So far ancients are the only ones that do them... There must be someone toxic to synergise with them, just not aoe.

to clarify, the issue is with with ainchents that have toxic aura, everything else that make a visible toxic zones you can avoid are fine.

btw, sleep deprived right now so dont mind the spelling

Edited by BloodKitten

You all just need to stand on taller boxes. I think we have greater issues currently with how bad the AI can be trolled.

The "New Loka kill squad" killed you? Isn't that exactly why they appeared? And the rest of your team did what exactly let you die alone? Maybe you were solo, in which case, once again, you should of found either some tall-er boxes or learned to "map" better.

Look at the cute Kill Squad. Look at it !

http://imgur.com/a/Dgzax

Edited by DSpite

I actually really enjoy playing against infested with all the HP / energy drain they have. And the BEEEES! Dont forget the BEEEEEEEEES!

If you're going solo, Infested is actually (according to me) the hardest race to play against. Grineer I find to just be straight out unfair late game because of hitscan, so using something like Ash, Trinity or Valkyr to manage the sustain seem to be the only way. Infested you can actually dodge, somewhat.

Toxic Aura is annoying if you cannot replenish your health quick and easy (Life strike might be a prefered choice for many, But I use the Winds of Purity augment for the Furis).

I think most of the players that rage against the toxic procs are the ones who miss the old Infested.

Before their revamp around the release of the Infested Ship tileset (and the new Rotten Salad boss), the Infested were just the "snack enemy" of choice.

Corpus? They have some annoying units with knockback and rapidfire capabilities. And also have some heavy ranged fire, while still deploying some very annoying melee units (bonus points if that prod poke indeed killed you).

Grineer? The spool-up sound of the gorgon or the loud "clack" sound of a Scorpion shooting her hook at you were already "OH SHI-" moments. Add Bombards and Napalms to that and you had some really annoying enemies. Plus, butchers (which used to be MUCH WORSE when they had those ripper saws >.>).

But Infested? Infested were cannon fodder. The didn't have a single ranged unit, and the ancients could be spotted and killed from very far away. The best mod and core-farming places were Infested Defenses, where you could simple AoE all of them to death by sitting at the top of the Naked Nick capsule.

...Then the Fartcopters and Pukemoas appeared.

...And then the Ancients got reworked.

That completely changed the infested. Now instead of a bunch of meaty piñatas, they're menacing packs of small and quick enemies that you want to dispatch fast, because you know that they'll be followed by a slower yet more lethal support of toxic-spreading enemies or heavy-hitting ancients. Plus, their home turf (Infested Corpus Ship) is a claustrophobic place, confusing, twisted and hard to navigate. Now they actually have the feeling that they lore projects into them, but the gameplay so far didn't.

They became actually hard, sometimes even cringe-worthy to face. Now instead of saying "meh, I can stand over 2 hours of lvl50 infested snacks, solo", a lot of people now go "Oh, crap, the alert with the thing I want is in a lvl 35 Hive / Infested Corpus Ship Survival mission".

I do think they are on the "annoying" side of the difficulty bar, but I wouldn't completely eliminate the toxic enemies. Because they were the ones who made the infested "The Infested", in the first place.