The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis & Saryn

PsychedelicSnake

Question

11 answers to this question

If spreading procs for Saryns abilities is the main point of your build, gas would be a good choice.

You'll end up spreading poison and viral procs if you pop the spores with the ignis for lots damage over time and some nice multipliers for miasma.

gas is only good against infested....and semi against curpus (humans)...

the other faction has a 25% and 50% DR......and then the toxin proc that may happen suffers another 50%....

I tried playing with a gasbuild but it never worked on high levels...

gasproc should deal toxic and heat dmg.....as in chemical burning.....

gas is only good against infested....and semi against curpus (humans)...

the other faction has a 25% and 50% DR......and then the toxin proc that may happen suffers another 50%....

I tried playing with a gasbuild but it never worked on high levels...

If you're going for damage this is true, but I got a feeling OP was going for the status effects themselves to open up targets to the 3x miasma multiplier when they are effected by poison and viral at the same time.

If spreading procs for Saryns abilities is the main point of your build, gas would be a good choice.

You'll end up spreading poison and viral procs if you pop the spores with the ignis for lots damage over time and some nice multipliers for miasma.

Actually no. The gas does Toxic damage, but does not proc toxic, which is what Saryn needs.

I've found using the Embolist or Torid is your best bet. Both of which will pop the spores with ease, both have Toxic damage, and both can be built for good status chance.

Actually no. The gas does Toxic damage, but does not proc toxic, which is what Saryn needs.

I've found using the Embolist or Torid is your best bet. Both of which will pop the spores with ease, both have Toxic damage, and both can be built for good status chance.

I did some testing and i think your wrong. Gas procs acctualy put a toxic proc icon after the gas procs. I checked it very carefuly.

I think it's the other way around; gas as a damage type is different than toxic damage, but both of them proc the toxic status chance and deal the same kind of DoT. So in theory a Gasthrower Ignis should be viable for spreading toxic procs.

That said, the Torid is probably equally as viable, not sure about the Embolist though, considering it's minuscule range and that it's stats (including status chance) are pretty mediocre. I myself am testing to see if the Acrid with it's guaranteed toxic DoT is a good compliment for her.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I tested the gas ignis + saryn spores yesterday and it went really well to spread status but the damage started to fall off after some time ( 40 min T2 Survival). Would a Corrosive Ignis be better for damage considering that the Ignis would lower the armour and popo spores and the viral status could help finishing the job?

I tested the gas ignis + saryn spores yesterday and it went really well to spread status but the damage started to fall off after some time ( 40 min T2 Survival). Would a Corrosive Ignis be better for damage considering that the Ignis would lower the armour and popo spores and the viral status could help finishing the job?

I find Miasma to be rather weak, too much jumping through hoops to make it work and then you hit a "wall". A tonkor deals better with mass enemies then all of these setups. Although I am sure someone is going to tell me I am wrong.

I find Miasma to be rather weak, too much jumping through hoops to make it work and then you hit a "wall". A tonkor deals better with mass enemies then all of these setups. Although I am sure someone is going to tell me I am wrong.

I agree. I just wanted to make the best set up for spores possible.