The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Crashing

firecrumble

Happening to me currently, nonstop crashing, for every 3rd or 4th mission I crash, either that or "host migration", or sometimes even BSOD "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA"

Tried reinstalling, ccleaning registries, updating drivers, using fix for BSOD from Microsoft website, minimalising all settings in game, windowed mode, no nvidia physx, no direct x 10/11, verifying download cache, EVERYTHING DOESN'T WORK.

Windows 8 64-bit

Intel Core i7-3630QM, 2.4GHz

8GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce GT 650M

Honestly, the amount of crashes I get is making me lose interest in the game FAST, especially when I obtain rare mods, but crash when I'm about to complete a mission.

Hi firecrumble, when the game crashes have you ever seen a popup window letting you know that the "Evolution Engine Has Crashed"? If so, then can you please click "Next" and reply to this thread with the WAR-#### number that appears at the end of the process?

You may want to run chkdsk to be certain that none of your drives are missing any crucial files and that they are not corrupt. Also, if you are overclocking your system then I highly suggest that you stop as it could likely be part of the problem. 

This page has a number of solutions that might be of help to you: https://warframe.com/Hardwarefail

chkdsk shows no errors, and no, im not overclocking (I have no idea how to do that anyway)

I recently tried uninstalling completely from Steam again, but this time I just downloaded the game from the website itself; it seems to run for a lot longer (20-30 games) before suddenly crashing again.

When it crashes I try to send a crash report, but I always get a "Connection failed" even though my internet is perfectly fine.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559023%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

There are some possible cause and solution for this problem, with one of them being memory-related hardware. Seeing that you already tried several said attempt to fix it, it could be your board or your memory doesn't really support each other, or somehow Win 8 getting problems with your hardware.

Strac_CRO, my PAGE FILE size is 8GB and unchanged, i let Windows decide. I defragment my C: and D: drives weekly, but I don't know how to check if my PAGE FILE is defragmented or not.

Athros, I am currently trying out the solutions listed in the link; afterwards I will be entering the game to see if this can be fixed once and for all.

Hi firecrumble, when the game crashes have you ever seen a popup window letting you know that the "Evolution Engine Has Crashed"? If so, then can you please click "Next" and reply to this thread with the WAR-#### number that appears at the end of the process?

You may want to run chkdsk to be certain that none of your drives are missing any crucial files and that they are not corrupt. Also, if you are overclocking your system then I highly suggest that you stop as it could likely be part of the problem. 

This page has a number of solutions that might be of help to you: https://warframe.com/Hardwarefail

For me it always says connection failed when it tries to send you the ticket. For me the game keeps crashing at random points and has begun crashing way more often that it used to. For example the month I have played this game it crashed only once but since update 8 it has become quite frequent thing. Today alone was the worst day regarding on crashes as the game did crash 3-4 times on this one shingle day. It keeps crashing at points such where I am about to join our clans Dojo, or when I have Alt + Tab and when I return for a game. Very random crashes.

WOW THANKS A LOT ATHROS, AFTER USING THE SOLUTION YOU POSTED WITH THE LINK MY COMPUTER IS NOW STUCK IN AN INFINITE BSOD LOOP. THANKS. A. LOT. NOW ALL OF MY DATA IS PROBABLY LOST FOREVER.

Which solution do you used?

Resolving a faulty hardware problem: If hardware has been added to the system recently, remove it to see if the error recurs. If existing hardware has failed, remove or replace the faulty component. You should run hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.

[This one is clearly stated that you should remove or replace the faulty hardware.]

Resolving a faulty system service problem: Disable the service and confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer of the system service about a possible update. If the error occurs during system startup, restart your computer, and press F8 at the character-mode menu that displays the operating system choices. At the resulting Windows Advanced Options menu, choose the Last Known Good Configuration option. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time.

[see the bold and italicized one.]

Resolving an antivirus software problem: Disable the program and confirm that this resolves the error. If it does, contact the manufacturer of the program about a possible update.

[Clearly said enough.]

Resolving a corrupted NTFS volume problem: Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and repair disk errors. You must restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition. If the hard disk is SCSI, check for problems between the SCSI controller and the disk.

[This solution is for BSOD that caused by disk errors. And you should do this regularly, to prevent any other types of errors that comes from disk failure.]

FYI, those solutions were provided by Microsoft, and not me.

If those BSOD problems still persist, your OS may have already getting way too cluttered with problems, and you should condering to get it reinstalled. On my old system, I oftenly got your case if my Windows is already getting way clunkier than what it used to be.

Seriously, you should know that venting out on me, who only provided solution from the OS maker itself, would not make your problems go...

Everything else was completely fine, so the final step was using chkdsk /f /r. APPARENTLY AFTER RUNNING IT, THE COMPUTER GOES INTO A BSOD LOOP.

And FYI, this computer has been used for only 2 months. How is it possible that my OS could get cluttered with problems when all I used is the browser, adobe tools, and gaming. Also, this is the FIRST TIME I've encountered the BSOD, and it's a really bad one at that.

Everything else was completely fine, so the final step was using chkdsk /f /r. APPARENTLY AFTER RUNNING IT, THE COMPUTER GOES INTO A BSOD LOOP.

And FYI, this computer has been used for only 2 months. How is it possible that my OS could get cluttered with problems when all I used is the browser, adobe tools, and gaming. Also, this is the FIRST TIME I've encountered the BSOD, and it's a really bad one at that.

Then it's maybe something that involves your disk. chkdsk /f /r command Checkdisk to locate and fix bad sectors on your disk. That maybe what causes the BSOD loop.

This is the link contained on the prev article : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7

There are a few steps in that link that could be used to resolve it. For me at least, it worked for my previous system. AFAIK Win 8 is easier to solved due to simpler recovery GUI, but then again I only used Win 8 for a while before reverting to Win 7.

Edit : You could try this one for Win 8 http://mywindows8.org/blue-screen-error-bsod-in-windows-8/

Edited by Athros

II. If you cannot log in to the system even after reboot, and facing this error repeatedly follow the steps :

1. Put Windows 8 DVD into the DVD drive and start the booting process.

I don't even have a Windows 8 DVD, they didn't give me one.

5. If you are still facing Blue Screen of Death problem, Fresh install the Operating system.

I knew it'll have to come down to this.

I can't believe my new computer is broken just because of a chkdsk. You could have warned me that a BSOD might occur. Now I'll have to waste my time to send it to the manufacturer to repair it for god knows how long. And all of my f**king work files lost.

In my case, I didn't get a BSOD loop like yours on the same case, so I don't know about that.

Do you already tried to do a system restore? If you get have to do a fresh install, try plug your HDD to other system, and backup all of your data first to another partition or other HDD rather than completely overwrite them. I always use this if somehow I can't login to Windows to do it.

Edit : You could just borrow from you friends (if they have it) or download Win 8 installation disk image from Microsoft (http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/29322-The-Official-Windows-8-Repository) and burn it. The most important thing is the Windows key. If your system shipped with Win 8 there should be a sticker placed with the key listed. That is the only thing you need to reinstall if you have the installation disk.

Edit 2 : Apparently they used BIOS SLIC thingy to recognize if Win 8 is official or not... http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/how-to-reinstall-windows-8-with-my-valid-serial/4a244091-62b6-441d-8837-d41c2bc7cb2f

So if you don;t tamper your BIOS with anything there should be no problem with fresh install...

Edited by Athros

Like I said, infinite BSOD loop. The moment the computer turns on it shows the "ASUS" splash screen, then BSOD for 1 second, and it repeats. Can't go into BIOS.

Plugging HDD to another computer actually sounds hopeful. How do you go about doing that.

EDIT: I'll be trying to get a Windows 8 iso, if it really only needs the Windows key. But will it destroy my data in my C and D drives.

Edited by firecrumble

Like I said, infinite BSOD loop. The moment the computer turns on it shows the "ASUS" splash screen, then BSOD for 1 second, and it repeats. Can't go into BIOS.

Plugging HDD to another computer actually sounds hopeful. How do you go about doing that.

Is it the same BSOD? If it is, it seems that it stems from disk error/failure. And even if you did be able to continue working on your system, it may ended up the same sooner or later.

Haaaah... At least I already tried to give you solutions... You could just opened up your notebook (as in mine, a lot. I use ASUS notebook too. Majority of ASUS notebooks allows easy access to HDD, memory, and WiFi chipset by only removing one/two screws without voiding your warranty) to remove the HDD and plugged it to your friend's desktop (or notebook, with SATA to USB adapter) to do it, and back your important data/docs/files on your system partition. It's quite easy to do it, and you don't need to sent it back to manufacturer for lengthy processes...

If I were on the same area as yours, I'll be gladly to do it because I felt responsible for it (even if I don't know what's wrong with the solutions I provided). Unfortunately, I'm currently stuck in South East Asia with no immediate transportation available...

Well, it seems that even if I prolonged my assistance in here (whether it's helpful for you or not) it'll turn into some conflict that won't see any end of it. So sorry for all the inconveniences that my advices cause to you.

Goodbye.

What a coincidence, I'm in South East Asia as well. But no, I won't ask you to do it.

Since I couldn't find my Windows key for some reason (not on the laptop, the packaging) I can't reinstall Windows 8 and had to resort to taking out the HDD.

EVEN BETTER. The screw that they are using to protect the hdd parts is a three star screw, and I don't have any screwdriver that can match that. So I'll probably send it to ASUS service centre now, looks like it's the only choice. I just hope they can somehow salvage my data.

Strac_CRO, believe me when I say I would gladly use Win7 over Win8. But this new computer comes pre-installed with Win8, so there is no way to "degrade" the computer without causing some system problems (not that it hasn't currently turned into a huge mess already).