The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Not Sure Whether To Buy The Saryn Orphid Skin Or Not

XxCurtennoxX

I'm having the same thoughts. I love the way it looks but don't often play as Saryn and the rework doesn't look like it will entice me to either. Plus as you say the prime version is on its way.

Also the Rhino skins are on the way which I definitely want.

Lastly I have buyers remorse with the Nyx skin, it's great but I never use her, feels like a waste.

I'll probably do what I did with the mantis, if I can make the plat through trades before hand I will buy. I know it takes a lot of effort but in my head it's like I haven't lost anything.

On one hand, i am actually enjoying playing Saryn now. She's finally a fun frame and i find the rework great.

On the other hand, i'm not sure how long i'll actually find her fun. There's 2 new warframes coming out in the very near future, too.

On my third mutated hand, i can't justify spending 160 plat on a skin for a frame that is very likely to be getting a prime version soon. What if i don't want to use the 160p skin on Saryn prime because the prime looks so fantastic? 

And on my fourth hand (Yes i have 4), i don't want to buy the skin before they're done with her rework. I really want DE to increase her survivability. It's her main/only problem. I want to wait to see if they do this in some way. They could also, however, make her worse with future changes.

This is a risky plat investment when i only have around 240 plat. That plat could be spent buying any Saryn Prime parts i may need. Saryn may become worse, or DE might not improve her further. 

The skin looks great, but i don't mind the default one and i don't know if it's worth buying right now.

im shure the skin can be used on the primed version too, has to be, if not we have to set DE under fire =))))))))))))))

she will likely get a couple more minor buffs that add her to the meta so i would get the skin as preparation for the fact that you will probably be asked to go saryn plenty in the future. also its not like its horribly expensive as far as plat purchases go.

I sincerely doubt this. DE is not known for admit mistakes until years later when it catches up to them. See multishot and why they had to completely remake mobility as quick examples.

Saryn is dead. Will stay dead until this catches up to them in a couple of years. They've already abandoned her and moved on to nerf the next frame they dislike or buff the next frame they love.

I sincerely doubt this. DE is not known for admit mistakes until years later when it catches up to them. See multishot and why they had to completely remake mobility as quick examples.

Saryn is dead. Will stay dead until this catches up to them in a couple of years. They've already abandoned her and moved on to nerf the next frame they dislike or buff the next frame they love.

Well Rebecca has said that last hotfix was the FIRST round of changes to Saryn. She's also stated that she's noticed the lack of Saryn's survivability and she'll be talking to the dev team about it.

I just got on this thread to share my opinion about the skin: It's worth, not only does it look cool but it also makes Saryn look a lot better than she used to imo. Her heel-less boots though, I think if they changed the front tip of a bit it would look better.

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but this is a screenie of my Saryn with the skin. Just wanted to give you a screenie to maybe help with your decision. The skin really is beautiful and elegant. Makes Saryn feel all light and floaty to me anyways.

l2IKdYU.jpg?1

My rush to own bit me on this one.  Horrible, horrible, horrible. Almost everything clips through it.  It's just a bad design. Ugly is in the eye of the beholder... so yeah it's ugly too.  A bad purchase that I wish I could take back or get a refund for.

Buy the bundle not for the saryn skin, but the sugatra and the zoren skin.

Sugatra quality is really amazing, i have all the "good" sugatras(all PA included) and this flower sugatra is on par with daman prime as far as quality and detail goes. Daman prime is like misa and melia is like noru.

eUsxAeO.jpg

Zoren skin is also really elegant and unique, if you miss it now then you will be kicking yourself down the line when dual zoren primes come out and it'll be usable.

Edited by kiteohatto