Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Firestorm Or Sinister Reach On Ignis?

Shafilp

Question

6 answers to this question

Copy pasted from another topic. I personally find neither helpful, I add more damage instead, but for lower levels were you don't need that much damage I'll use both... here's why:

As I understand it, Firestorm increases the angle of the affected area, while Sinister Reach increases the distance of the area (which incidentally also increases the final width). Using both together gives you a *much* larger area than either individually.

Personally I'm somewhat used to the old size, so the new size feels like running around with both SR and Firestorm already installed, so I don't add them. But you can make the affected area much larger using either/both of these mods. Whether you want to will be a personal preference between whether you want a larger area, or more damage (by installing another damage mod instead).

A quick paint graphic; concept only, proportions are not to scale;

rTJDzBt.jpg

Ignis reaches 50m without sinister reach, and (I think) 58m with... the mod is nearly pointless since it's a fraction of how far it's obscene reach already is. Firestorm is great since it makes the cone wider giving you more area for your fuel burn. I have personally started trying out combustion beam. The results are... well, fun.

Ignis reaches 50m without sinister reach, and (I think) 58m with... the mod is nearly pointless since it's a fraction of how far it's obscene reach already is. Firestorm is great since it makes the cone wider giving you more area for your fuel burn. I have personally started trying out combustion beam. The results are... well, fun.

It's 40, and with Sinister it's 52. So the boost is quite big.

As for your question OP, I use both.