Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not Enough Video Memory

AreeSoothsayer

My card is an old Gtx 465 with 1g memory. This morning I was playing fine. Went against the Grineer fine as well. Infested? Blam! With a message stating not enough video memory.

The thing is, I have it set showing fps and video ram usage. It doesn't go above 650 in ram use. This only started happening this morning.

2 out of 3 RAM/VRAM errors are fixed by rebooting your system, as probably some application closed in an unexpected way and forgot to free video memory. Make sure only warframe is running.

I suggest setting to low the "texture memory" option in settings menu, it's one of the major offenders.

What shown on the FPS counter is not VMEM usage, but rather system RAM usage.

If you had a not enough video memory warning, try lowering the texture size on the config and lower/turn off particle settings, incl. Physx. If you had a not enough RAM warning, try to limit any background program usage; stop running any unnecessary program on the background while playing WF.

Oh, and also, try to verify and optimize through the WF launcher.

Edited by Athros

I have to apologize in advance for I not a tech dood but i have 1 last solution and may it help you just like it did for me.

Do the following step by step:

1.Launch the client (not the game but the launcher) and wait for it to finish updating/ checking for updates.

2.Go to the setting (gear icon) and from there uncheck the following :

DirectX 10

DirectX 11

64-bit mode

Multi-threaded Rendering

I hope this solves the issue for you *crosses fingers*

*Edit*

Some times when you do this the game would launch with chopping and FPS would drop alot but it can be solved with a restart! 

Edited by Prinny13