The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Would The Hud Of An Actual Tenno, Corpus Or Grineer Soldier Look Like?

(PSN)SodacusEpicus

This is something I've been wondering for a while so I'm curious to hear your ideas!

First things first, in case the title isn't clear, I mean to discus theories about what the display would show inside a Tenno's helmet or that of a Grineer's bionic eye, etc...

It just seemed like a fun lore tid-bit to ponder about.

I think the Tenno HUD would be pretty predictable, seeing as it's basically what we see whenever we play. Though, if we look at it from a more realistic point of view, would there be any extra details? Or perhaps certain elements that would be removed from the in-game HUD? (Affinity perhaps)
Then you also have the Corpus and Grineer, who knows, maybe even corrupted enemies have a different display! 
Feel free to post any theories, friends, I'm very curious!

Cool concept, I've never particularly thought about it before.

But incidentally, recently I tried out the buzzlok again after putting it down for a while and I noticed that it's scope hud has a range display showing you exactly how many meters away the object is that you are focusing on, thought that was pretty cool.

Cool concept, I've never particularly thought about it before.

But incidentally, recently I tried out the buzzlok again after putting it down for a while and I noticed that it's scope hud has a range display showing you exactly how many meters away the object is that you are focusing on, thought that was pretty cool.

I have yet to actually unlock the Buzzlok but that is indeed very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Looking at a few images of the different sniper scopes, it seems that Grineer only display the most basic information. Corpus scopes seem a lot more detailed when it comes to data. Then again, Corpus do use a lot of energy weapons so I imagine you'd have to keep track of more than just distance and ammo.

+1

Great idea.

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace Out.

Thank you both for the kind words and thank you for posting! Hopefully we can hear ideas from a few other players too. 

I'd go to say that the corpus probably have ametric tonne of info on their HUD. Realistically speaking - ammo count, shield levels, alarm status, shield drone status (in case of corpus techs).

For the grineer - TENNO SKOOM! All over the HUD.

Does this means Clem's HUD is just filled with "CLEM" and "GRAKATA"?

I think the Tenno HUD would be pretty predictable, seeing as it's basically what we see whenever we play. Though, if we look at it from a more realistic point of view, would there be any extra details? Or perhaps certain elements that would be removed from the in-game HUD?

I guess our current in-game HUD wouldn't be very convenient for helmets, seeing how most information is located in the corners.

A usable HUD would have the information positioned way further towards the centre, and rather in the middle of the edges, like this.

Here's a fun thing to try: Put your forefinger on your forehead so it's standing out at 90° angle. Try to focus at the base of the finger. Now slowly move it around your face while tracking it with your eyes. The further you get towards the "edges", the harder it will get. I've tried this for only half a minute and now my eyes hurt ...

Edited by Bibliothekar

I guess our current in-game HUD wouldn't be very convenient for helmets, seeing how most information is located in the corners.

A usable HUD would have the information positioned way further towards the centre, and rather in the middle of the edges, like this.

Here's a fun thing to try: Put your forefinger on your forehead so it's standing out at 90° angle. Try to focus at the base of the finger. Now slowly move it around your face while tracking it with your eyes. The further you get towards the "edges", the harder it will get. I've tried this for only half a minute and now my eyes hurt ...

+1, that's a very good point. Perhaps it would be similar to the Vectis, with the important info wrapping around the shape of the crosshair. Though that does also raise the question of what it would actually show.

Obviously every frame has a different purpose and every player has their own play-style, but I think we can agree that Tenno are supposed to be very agile killing machines, so maybe it shows things like an attitude indicator or compass. Then again, perhaps the HUD is custom made for every kind of warframe. It would make sense since I don't think a Rhino would have much use for something that shows his current altitude or attitude, while Zephyr could certainly use it. 

Sorry if I ramble a lot in my replies, I tend to write as I think.

UPDATE

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to catch the last devstream (#63) where they showed, among other things obviously, a reworked Lanka and Corpus scope! It's a very subtle change but perhaps it will change more in the future. They did mention that the Grineer scopes would be reworked to be more practical, so those could serve as a very good base for a realistic HUD. I've taken a screenshot and will always put the original Corpus scope underneath so you can compare the two.
Very excited to see the other scopes and general sniper rework! 

https://i.gyazo.com/bf648ead634c2369a8fa799fa8a91f23.png This is the new Corpus scope graphic.

http://i.imgur.com/awfES41.png This is the old Corpus scope graphic.