Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Scariest Bug I Have Ever Seen.....

HalfDarkShadow

MQviyoR.png

Need I say more?

They're just hovering over two dead bodies.....

Enemies would try to fight it, but they had no matter, so enemies were essentially attacking thin air and you can just clip right through them to walk by.

They were also scan-able, but that's all the info I can give.

Nothing I did, nor the random party I joined, triggered anything for that to happen, so I assume this just happened for no rhyme-nor-reason lol.

QUICK EDIT: Almost forgot to mention, this was a Sabotage mission, and we actually couldn't complete it as well, as when we got to the room to defend before you get the room to start flooding; before you even hack it the place is already flooded with water. After hacking the console though, nothing happens. It still shows a waypoint to hack it, no percentage icon shows up (stays on the number of caches icon), and no enemies spawned/stopped spawning. We walked around a bit, so I'm not sure if the Grineer were spawning in a location far away from us, but as far as I'm aware, enemies just stop spawning all together.

But seriously, when I walked into that little room, and hearing the Oculyst's noise, it really did scare the living S#&$ out of me.

EDIT 2: It seems that the picture isn't self-explanatory enough with them being attached to two dead bodies, in the same exact room next to each other, staying perfectly still with no animation, is not normal. Either that, or the few leaving replies did not read my post fully. If I run into this weird bug again, I'll make sure to take more screenshots of better angles/video record it so it will be easier to see what's exactly going on and why we could not complete the Sabotage mission.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

Welcome to LoreFrame. :D

Scan them for a quest. :3

It's not a bug... they have to ben scanned to start the natah quest.

It is in fact a bug. I've done the quest months ago. Typically only one will be floating around in a room at a time, in which after scanning, they will fly away (they also have matter if you touch them).

Why would two in the same room, floating over dead bodies, not moving/clipping through them is not a bug? Like I said (and the party I was with), there wasn't even the glowing blue flickering to signify they spawned even in the map to begin with. Unless for some odd reason a few of you see them just standing there over dead bodies really close to each other, not twitching, and as well as not flying away counts as "not a bug/intentional" then....well I don't know what to say other then either relook at my screenshot, and/or go run Uranus if you need a refresher on how they're supposed to function xD

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

It is in fact a bug. I've done thfactjt months ago. Typically only one will be floating around in a room at a time, in which after scanning, they will fly away (they also have matter if you touch them).

Why would two in the same room, floating over dead bodies, not moving/clipping through them is not a bug? Like I said (and the party I was with), there wasn't even the glowing blue flickering to signify they spawned even in the map.

Its not a bug just because you found out who lotus is doesnt mean an entire alien faction is going to stop sending drones to research their current target

Its not a bug just because you found out who lotus is doesnt mean an entire alien faction is going to stop sending drones to research their current target

I lost you. This has absolutely nothing to do with the quest. I have scanned them dozens of times for months since release.

Since you may not remember, they're supposed to fly around, which they are clearly not, they're attached to dead bodies, they don't do their twitch animations, and just stare at you at any angle in the room.

The mission could not be completed either, as the flooding room after hacking the console, did not start the flooding, so we had to leave since enemies also stopped. spawning.

This is what they are supposed to do:

Not just stand there attached to dead bodies (I dont believe two can spawn in the same room simultaneously), and with zero blue flicker when we started the mission. Typically Lotus will prompt some dialog about looking into it, which she does not do.

Either you haven't ran into one in a long time, and forgot how they're supposed to function, or you didn't bother to read my post fully and even looked at my picture carefully on what's actually going on.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

I can confirm this as well. They don't fly away after being scanned and they will mess with the spawns in a survival

After this, they also messed up our Sabotage missions that we were forced to abort from.

When we got to the flooding room, it was already flooded, and after hacking the console, nothing happened and enemies stopped spawning. So after 10 or so minutes running around trying to see if something would happen, unfortunately nothing did and we couldn't even find enemies, so we just left~

What you don't see is the subtitle "Would you like to hear about our lord and savior?"

Because Oculyts' attached to grineer bodies, don't fly away after scanning them, and no prompt from the Lotus after scanning them is completely normal.

The flooding room was already flooding which after we hacked the console but the percent symbol on the top left didn't even show up, and enemies stopped spawning. It's like no one reads the post.

But I guess it's normal for two, unmoving Oculysts in the exact same small room, on top of bodies (not scanning anything mind you), perfectly still next to each other is a common occurrence to you. I'll emphasis that they were not flying around, they were not scanning, and there was no blue flicker to begin with.

I mean the fact that they're next to each other ontop of/attached to Grineer bodies should have been self-explanatory that it's not normal, but I guess not.

Unless you find me or make a video of a mission with two Oculysts standing perfectly still next to each other is what their supposed to do, and completing the mission, then I'll stand corrected. Because apparently not being able to complete a mission, as well as two of them standing there with zero prompt from the Lotus is what DE intended.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

After this, they also messed up our Sabotage missions that we were forced to abort from.

When we got to the flooding room, it was already flooded, and after hacking the console, nothing happened and enemies stopped spawning. So after 10 or so minutes running around trying to see if something would happen, unfortunately nothing did and we couldn't even find enemies, so we just left~

can you give me a specific node you were on? if not its ok I can still try and see if I can get it to happen

can you give me a specific node you were on? if not its ok I can still try and see if I can get it to happen

The node was Prospero, as it's the usual node I go run when I'm elemental mod hunting~

The only thing to note, was when I joined the party, I joined right before the screen goes black after the countdown, then proceeds to the Liset's flying loading screen.

I can't think of anything else in particular that I/they could have caused it, but everything else, up to the point of the flooding room, was just a normal run/looking around for caches.

In my case, there was no blue flicker to indicate it, but if I had to guess, if the flooding room is already flooded and even after you hack the console but it did nothing/stopped Grineer from spawning, then chances are you might find what I found.

Hope that helps!~

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

Because Oculyts' attached to grineer bodies, don't fly away after scanning them, and no prompt from the Lotus after scanning them is completely normal.

The flooding room was already flooding which after we hacked the console but the percent symbol on the top left didn't even show up, and enemies stopped spawning. It's like no one reads the post.

But I guess it's normal for two, unmoving Oculysts in the exact same small room, on top of bodies (not scanning anything mind you), perfectly still next to each other is a common occurrence to you. I'll emphasis that they were not flying around, they were not scanning, and there was no blue flicker to begin with.

I mean the fact that they're next to each other ontop of/attached to Grineer bodies should have been self-explanatory that it's not normal, but I guess not.

Unless you find me or make a video of a mission with two Oculysts standing perfectly still next to each other is what their supposed to do, and completing the mission, then I'll stand corrected. Because apparently not being able to complete a mission, as well as two of them standing there with zero prompt from the Lotus is what DE intended.

...It was a joke...

The node was Prospero, as it's the usual node I go run when I'm elemental mod hunting~

The only thing to note, was when I joined the party, I joined right before the screen goes black after the countdown, then proceeds to the Liset's flying loading screen.

I can't think of anything else in particular that I/they could have caused it, but everything else, up to the point of the flooding room, was just a normal run/looking around for caches.

In my case, there was no blue flicker to indicate it, but if I had to guess, if the flooding room is already flooded and even after you hack the console but it did nothing/stopped Grineer from spawning, then chances are you might find what I found.

Hope that helps!~

Gonna go ahead and put this on the list of bugs to test today. thanks!

EDIT: Were all the caches found?

Edited by Dia_Arazkus

...It was a joke...

I know, I was just being general/not at you. I should have specified that hahah.

Gonna go ahead and put this on the list of bugs to test today. thanks!

EDIT: Were all the caches found?

No problem!

And we only found 1 cache. Before we even bothered to hack the door to get to the flooding room, we we were looking around for maybe like 20ish minutes about. So I'm assuming from there and all the the way up to the already flooded room, the last two caches were likely after that lol.

If you need someone to help, feel free to pm me! (especially since Uranus isn't that populated with parties anymore :P

Also, I don't recall having any host migrations during/before the mission (since I know sometimes it can really mess up/glitch missions), just in case you needed to know for later!~

EDIT: I'm still on the hunt for some jump elemental mods, so I'll be running the same mission a few times today, so I'll let you know if it happens again, and I'll see if I can record it via fraps or shadowplay~

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

If you need someone to help, feel free to pm me! (especially since Uranus isn't that populated with parties anymore :P

giggity

But in all seriousness I've done the mission about 10 times and they spawned and then left once they saw me. you might have had an extremely rare glitch

giggity

But in all seriousness I've done the mission about 10 times and they spawned and then left once they saw me. you might have had an extremely rare glitch

That's what I figured as much.

Because between this initial post and now, I've done the mission 20+-times and it hasn't happened again (still can't get Firewalker :'c)

Also half the time I was solo'ing it (no one joins as much anymore), so I have no idea if that makes a whole lot of a difference, but regardless, if for some reason I or the party I'm with gets stuck/can't complete the mission again, I'll be sure to update this and record/screenshot it.

Thank you anyway!~

c:

Edited by HalfDarkShadow