Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Gender Skin Concepts] 160627: Female Nekros skin finished

arch111

Final male Nova looks decent.

Something about the female Limbo doesn't work for me. Sure, it's a suit/tuxedo, but it doesn't look as dapper, as tailored, as suited to her form.

Female Nekros seems much too thick to embody the theme of a necromancer, a dealer in death related abilities.

Male Nekros is clearly male, but he's got a very thin musculoskeletal structure.

Yes, I know there are issues. Every single one can be made differently.

From the start I went in to try and just apply the existing design on a new body. In some cases it works really well, in other it looks off.

1 hour ago, Rhekemi said:

Final male Nova looks decent.

Something about the female Limbo doesn't work for me. Sure, it's a suit/tuxedo, but it doesn't look as dapper, as tailored, as suited to her form.

Female Nekros seems much too thick to embody the theme of a necromancer, a dealer in death related abilities.

Male Nekros is clearly male, but he's got a very thin musculoskeletal structure.

Nova turned out good after some tweaking.

Limbo has nothing to define her. She wears a tuxedo and a hat. She could of course wear a tailored suit for a woman, or a dress even if it was cut right.

That is however not my main goal when I attack it. It is more "Can I do it without it looking horrible?"

Nekros is too muscular and too like Ember or Nyx in build. That will sort itself out. I have a special interest in her since I have made a female Nekros concept of my own, not wanting to directy copy his looks.

- I have seen people wishing they  could simply click "female" on Rhino and it would just swap bodies but keep the look. They are not interested in a brand NEW look, but to play a warframe like they want to.

I get that, and I understand why there is set genders in the game, wich in turn led me to start doing these skins.

As much as I would love to do a unique design for each one, I don't have that time or energy. So I will be very happy just to work my way through them all. 

Hell,  I've got plenty to do as it is :D

The above post is simply may take, which is what we're here for, mate. Do what you will with the feedback, but I'm aware of what you're doing and why, and people's expectations. My avatar's changed but I've been following this thread from the beginning. Commented on every piece but those three, so I added my two cents now that I had some time.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Rhekemi said:

The above post is simply may take, which is what we're here for, mate. Do what you will with the feedback, but I'm aware of what you're doing and why, and people's expectations. My avatar's changed but I've been following this thread from the beginning. Commented on every piece but those three, so I added my two cents now that I had some time.

Cheers.

Yeah, I appreciate the feedback I really do! Thankfully this thread have not derailed into the mess every single damn topic about genders or heavy/fat/skinny goes to.

As time goes by my intention is to revisit some of them and do a independent version,  something that really could be a "deluxe" skin through tennogen.

We'll see what the future holds :)