Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Gender Skin Concepts] 160627: Female Nekros skin finished

arch111

I'd like to say something regarding why I like to redesign warframes.

In these times of (at least moderately) gender-equality, there are still major differences in how characters are designed, or indeed EXPECTED to look.

A man is commonly covered in armor or clothing, obscuring the body beneath.

A woman is commonly uncovered in scarse and revealing and skin-tight armor or clothes, revealing the body beneath.

Take Nyx, Ember and Mirage. 

Take Excalibur,  Loki and Hydroid.

Only the first pair is equal. Thats why I find it so fun to swap the sexes ans bodies. 

On 11/13/2015 at 0:07 PM, arch111 said:

Relax guys. Take a breath.

So, to my more fun and interesting question!

What warframe would you like me to do an alt-gender concept of?

Think of it as a source of inspiration for DE to make a new warframe of the same theme.

Take Rhino here. We still lack a proper buffed female frame. Maby, just maby my artwork can give someone the idea to explore that.

A female version of Rhino that is not really Rhino but still a armored fighter. And no, I dont really count Valkyr, she is more a demon now.

Female Nekros/Loki/Excal

4 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

Wow...

Just Wow..

And if you'd like to see that quote in context:

57 minutes ago, arch111 said:

In these times of (at least moderately) gender-equality, there are still major differences in how characters are designed, or indeed EXPECTED to look.

A woman is commonly uncovered in scarse and revealing and skin-tight armor or clothes, revealing the body beneath.

It was an observation about current trends.  Not a statement of how things should be but rather how they typically are.  No need to get on their case about it.

30 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

Wow...

Just Wow..

That is sadly the industry. Go on any mmo and fantasy game or moba and you see this old dated view still hold us in a deathgrip.

I hate and detest it.

The day a Sorceress and Thief is clad in actual gear instead of Nipple-guards of Ember +7 is a day I will sing from the rooftops.

26 minutes ago, Katinka said:

And if you'd like to see that quote in context:

It was an observation about current trends.  Not a statement of how things should be but rather how they typically are.  No need to get on their case about it.

Yes, oui, ja and da.

16 minutes ago, arch111 said:

The day a Sorceress and Thief is clad in actual gear instead of Nipple-guards of Ember +7 is a day I will sing from the rooftops.

I think Warhammer Online did a good job with some of it's characters.  I mean, sure, the Witch Elves wore next to nothing with a flimsy lore excuse that they relied on agility and, being arrogant elves devoted to the god of murder, they taunted their enemies with exposed flesh they could never hope to hit due to their agility but they also had the Blackguard that looked pretty much the same regardless of sex when clad in their full plate armour.  The female model  was a little narrower and that was about it.  When it came to the Sorceress, low level armour was fairly revealing while high level armour did have a bit more fabric and coverage to it but the same applied to Sorcerers too.

WARFRAME ISNT POLITICS 

We dont need separate genders

Maybe as player made skins

But generally i feel it ruins their design, to force opinionations upon them

When they are Designed a guy

They should stay a guy

If designed a girl 

They should stay a girl

It just ruins their unique designs when you can just flip flop all over the place 

If you dont like playing a girl

Pick a dudeframe,

If you don't like playing a guy

Pick a gur frame

Its just a game, not real life

Built for fun and role playing

This whole gender nonsense is obnoxious  

I mean honestly, why are people complaining about this subject 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

WARFRAME ISNT POLITICS 

They should stay a guy

If designed a girl 

They should stay a girl

It just ruins their unique designs when you can just flip flop all over the place 

Pick a dudeframe,

Pick a gur frame

Why do you have such a big problem with gender skins? If it bothers you this much, just stay out of this and all other threads about it.

For you information, this is my art-thread and not a Debate.

If you want to talk about this,  there is a thread open in General Discussion. 

Thats all I am willing to say about it.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

WARFRAME ISNT POLITICS 

They should stay a guy

If designed a girl 

They should stay a girl

Pick a dudeframe,

Pick a gur frame

id get as angry as this guy if something where removed, but in this case, something is being added.

why are you so mad that something is being added to the game. absolutely nothing is being replaced or removed. 

i feel as if you are getting the wrong idea. its not like the concept is meant for the genders to be reversed and stay that way.

its an optional thing, like changing your operator from male to female whenever you want to.

On 3/19/2016 at 1:28 AM, arch111 said:

I absolutely agree with you. Full reworked models would of course be a must for it to work. And in this case, we need to know if we can simply take a male warframe and rework it, then replace whatever female we wish; a female Ash fir example. 

Technically I  can do this now. Its just naming-conventions on their end and coding what they ned to.

Now we wait for confirmation we can do it. In the meantime I try my hand at a model as a concept. 

tried it and it kinda worked.

i tried to load my 3d modeling software (sculptris) and attempted to load the Excalibur body mesh file into it. however, its seems the file is either too big for the software or too big for my computer.

there was progress though. it seems that if i have better 3d modeling software or have a better computer, than i'm sure its possible to load these Meshes from within the program.

i'm sure it works the same way as when alternate helmet concept artists form their own helmets.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2015 at 4:18 AM, Aeon66 said:

DE said no to this because of the work required for this, is too much, but that wont stop them from making an alternate gender version with same theme but different abilities.

Also nice concept you made but i doubt it will happen, but maybe sometime in future where DE have time and resources for it :3.

I hope you do realize.... There is tennogen to consider for adding genderswapped frames skins... you can even make their own specialized skins with it, maybe DE could use that to add in genders...  It's a thought, right?

I dont really mind about the gender swaps,  but some of the swaps ive seen were extremely good and fitted their purposes.  If they accept skins for this via tennogen or make it themselves, Hoorah!  If not, nothing changes, i'll still enjoy my female and male warframes with their gender restrictions.  

32 minutes ago, blazeshadow44 said:

I hope you do realize.... There is tennogen to consider for adding genderswapped frames skins... you can even make their own specialized skins with it, maybe DE could use that to add in genders...  It's a thought, right?

it seems you failed to notice when i typed that comment :P (over 4 months ago) and yes i know that.

48 minutes ago, blazeshadow44 said:

I dont really mind about the gender swaps,  but some of the swaps ive seen were extremely good and fitted their purposes.  If they accept skins for this via tennogen or make it themselves, Hoorah!  If not, nothing changes, i'll still enjoy my female and male warframes with their gender restrictions.  

Any skins in particular? 

OP, I love your work. And, you're also right in pointing out the 'trends' in the games/media, about the male/female thingy & I am not a fan, as I said in another topic. And as much as it's true, lore-wise we aren't the Warframes, etc; our Warframe, it's the character we are seeing the most & our Operators are indeed, more NPCs than our characters.

I also do not understand when more options are potentially offered, people feel somehow upset if they don't like them, and sometimes go outright ballistic at the idea. If you don't like the options, don't use them. But the whole attitude "I do not like, so omg, you cannot have it either." is creating rather unwelcoming environments. It's unneeded & unnecessary. And baffling, as far as I am concerned. For the most part, the game we play is something we enjoy. A difference of opinion or difference in preferences does not need to bring us in 'omg hate' spot.

In other words, & on the topic, give me an alternate skin/model for Valkyr, with properly buffed armor and I'll sacrifice kitten really feel the aesthetics of it. The whole cat-suit thingy is not doing it for me. Valkyr, at least in my opinion, is based more on Norse mythology and she should have armor, for more badassery. For example; Trinity Prime has some nice looking armored-look (minus the skirt)... with Armor 15. *sadface*