The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

After 17.11, Game Stops Coming Back After Windows Alert

Chalthrax

Almost every time I launch Warframe for the first time after booting, I get a warning dialog from Windows after a couple minutes. You can read the details about it here: http://superuser.com/questions/314570/disable-do-you-want-to-change-the-color-scheme-to-improve-performance-warning but none of the suggested fixes have worked for me.

This used to be just a minor annoyance that I dealt with by closing the dialog and re-opening the game, but after 17.11 came out, that's no longer possible. While I can see the Warframe button on my Taskbar, clicking on it only opens up an empty, transparent window border. Warframe doesn't show up in the alt-tab menu and all sound has stopped playing. Right-clicking on the taskbar button and choosing close does nothing, I have to kill the process with Task Manager.

For what it's worth, Warframe is the only game that causes this dialog to appear for me, even maxed-out Skyrim doesn't.

Relevant specs:

Win 7 Pro, x64

GTX 970 (The warning dialog also appeared for my 560 TI but that died before 17.11 came out)

i5 2500k

32 GB RAM

3 monitors, one a dupe of the main, all plugged into the video card

Almost every time I launch Warframe for the first time after booting, I get a warning dialog from Windows after a couple minutes. You can read the details about it here: http://superuser.com/questions/314570/disable-do-you-want-to-change-the-color-scheme-to-improve-performance-warning but none of the suggested fixes have worked for me.

This used to be just a minor annoyance that I dealt with by closing the dialog and re-opening the game, but after 17.11 came out, that's no longer possible. While I can see the Warframe button on my Taskbar, clicking on it only opens up an empty, transparent window border. Warframe doesn't show up in the alt-tab menu and all sound has stopped playing. Right-clicking on the taskbar button and choosing close does nothing, I have to kill the process with Task Manager.

For what it's worth, Warframe is the only game that causes this dialog to appear for me, even maxed-out Skyrim doesn't.

Relevant specs:

Win 7 Pro, x64

GTX 970 (The warning dialog also appeared for my 560 TI but that died before 17.11 came out)

i5 2500k

32 GB RAM

3 monitors, one a dupe of the main, all plugged into the video card

Not being able to Alt+tab to the game or through the bar, happens to me if I change to another window, the game just dies which is pretty annoying, so I'd guess it's just not related with the warning when opening, as I don't get that but while the game works, I can't alt + tab/etc away from it or I will have to kill the process in the task manager.

Not being able to Alt+tab to the game or through the bar, happens to me if I change to another window, the game just dies which is pretty annoying, so I'd guess it's just not related with the warning when opening, as I don't get that but while the game works, I can't alt + tab/etc away from it or I will have to kill the process in the task manager.

The same thing happens to me. Our clan uses Discord for voice comms, and since I run full-screen, sometimes I have to alt-tab if someone posts a text message on Discord.