Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Ash's Teleport Please Get A Free Aim Now?

TunaMayo

With Ne Zha coming in with the ability to teleport to his rings location, there will numerous movement abilities in the game that will be objectively better than the current iteration of Ash's teleport.

Please can it retain its current function, but with the ability to free aim if not targeting an enemy?

It would be more fun to play around with, make Ash feel more ninja and I really don't see why it shouldn't be anymore.

This is one of the many reasons I'm somewhat salty about nezha. Rather than nezha getting this awesome ability- they could have done an ash rework that included ash being able to teleport to his shuriken once thrown- allowing the "free teleporting" that everyone has always wanted so badly. It'd be good synergy. (FYI- I'd still rather have that happen than ash just being able to teleport anywhere he wants. Like blink on itzal that'd be hard to control, whereas using shuriken as markers would be very precise. Obviously shuriken would have to be able to stick into walls and stay there for 10 seconds or so.)

Agree, but what about range? I just recently realized that Ash is actually pretty cool, so I don't have top familiarity with his abilities. Is it widely known he can teleport to allies? I have never heard of that but I have done it.

I'd also like a wider target lock angle like Ripline got...

Well ash get a free finisher attack in exchange... Bad idea imo.

It's already good enough like this.

And it's not like randomly teleporting would be any useful else than rushing even harder.

That's completely untrue. You could use Teleport to find a good vantage point for an incoming platoon of enemies, or to jump up to the top of the skybox so that you can slam into the ground with apex force.

It would have its uses.

That's completely untrue. You could use Teleport to find a good vantage point for an incoming platoon of enemies, or to jump up to the top of the skybox so that you can slam into the ground with apex force.

It would have its uses.

uuuuh... "find a good vantage point" > parkour 2.0.    And "jump up to the top of the skybox" seriously ? Pretty often you can do that with parkour, and even if you can't reach it, what would be the f*cking use ? The slam attack won't get more powerful.

I don't see the use of making this ability better while it already grant you the ability to perform a finisher attack which is... kinda OP.

uuuuh... "find a good vantage point" > parkour 2.0.    And "jump up to the top of the skybox" seriously ? Pretty often you can do that with parkour, and even if you can't reach it, what would be the f*cking use ? The slam attack won't get more powerful.

I don't see the use of making this ability better while it already grant you the ability to perform a finisher attack which is... kinda OP.

If this is OP then Valkyr's Warcry is OP too, so is Bladestorm because it hits 18 enemies with armor ignoring slash damage which procs.

uuuuh... "find a good vantage point" > parkour 2.0. And "jump up to the top of the skybox" seriously ? Pretty often you can do that with parkour, and even if you can't reach it, what would be the f*cking use ? The slam attack won't get more powerful.

teleport past laser and magnetic doors without an anchor. Nezha will be able to, and Loki can already because he makes his own anchor if necessary.

Still has its uses outside of rushing. Those were just examples of how I'd personally use it.

Surrounded by enemies and about to get shredded to pieces? Smoke Bomb, Teleport to a far wall, gun everyone down from afar. Got an ally or Kubrow that's fallen far away? Pinpoint them and Teleport to their aid, throwing in a Smoke Bomb to throw off any nearby enemies for good measure.

And the Finisher damage would obviously only be applied when you do target an enemy. I think what's being addressed here is the fact that Ash's Teleport ability offers no utility and restricted versatility. It serves a singular purpose when it is capable of much more.

Edited by (PS4)KestralSylver

I also just want to point out that there is absolutely no necessity for rudeness in here.

I don't see how i was "rude" but if you took it like this, then i apologize

Surrounded by enemies and about to get shredded to pieces? Smoke Bomb, Teleport to a far wall, gun everyone down from afar. Got an ally or Kubrow that's fallen far away? Pinpoint them and Teleport to their aid, throwing in a Smoke Bomb to throw off any nearby enemies for good measure.

First, why don't you just stop your sentence at "smoke bomb". Surrounded by enemies ? smoke bomb and you're fine.

Second, you can already teleport to downed teamates. (no idea for kubrow, never tried).

I don't see how i was "rude" but if you took it like this, then i apologize

First, why don't you just stop your sentence at "smoke bomb". Surrounded by enemies ? smoke bomb and you're fine.

Second, you can already teleport to downed teamates. (no idea for kubrow, never tried).

If that teammate is behind, say, a wall or any other obstacle, you can't teleport to them. This would allow for that.

And yes, you'd be safe if you were using a duration build, but if you've modded for efficiency you'll only be invisible for the duration of the stagger. If those were high level enemies that were surrounding you it might not be enough to just use Smoke Bomb and then start mowing them down. I'd much rather play safe than sorry by using Smoke Bomb and Teleporting to a vantage point where you can rain bullets down on them while they try and figure out where you went.

In all honesty, I just find that making his Teleport less restrictive will ultimately make him more fun to use. 

Edited by (PS4)KestralSylver

KinetosImpetus I never talked about your post....

If that teammate is behind, say, a wall or any other obstacle, you can't teleport to them. This would allow for that.

So wait... teleport THROUGH wall ? because as long as your crosshair can aim someone you can teleport on him.

And yes, you'd be safe if you were using a duration build, but if you've modded for efficiency you'll only be invisible for the duration of the stagger. If those were high level enemies that were surrounding you it might not be enough to just use Smoke Bomb and then start mowing them down. I'd much rather play safe than sorry by using Smoke Bomb and Teleporting to a vantage point where you can rain bullets down on them while they try and figure out where you went.

Then why don't you just smoke bomb > bullet jump ? That will add some distance between you and your enemies AND cc them.

In all honesty, I just find that making his Teleport less restrictive will ultimately make him more fun to use. 

Well making something fun out of a frame is one thing... keeping it balanced is another.

If this happened i can only imagine people rushing by pressing 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 harder than a nekros starving for neurodes.

Edited by Trichouette

So wait... teleport THROUGH wall ? because as long as your crosshair can aim someone you can teleport on him.

No, not what I'm saying. Say your teammate is behind cover or something like that, you can use Teleport on the ground near them to instantly traverse a large amount of Terrain.

Then why don't you just smoke bomb > bullet jump ? That will add some distance between you and your enemies AND cc them.

I do. Now. Because that's what I have at my disposal. Another option for survavability, utility, and traversal would be welcome in my book.

Well making something fun out of a frame is one thing... keeping it balanced is another.

If this happened i can only imagine people rushing by pressing 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 harder than a nekros starving for neurodes.

If that's their prerogative, why not let them? Just laugh to yourself when they get stuck at a friendship door.

Beyond that, a simple fix to prevent this would be a three - five second "active effect" period in which you wouldn't be able to recast.