Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mission Type: Horde

(XBOX)Rancheroni

I don't know about you guys, but does a horde mode sound like fun or what?

Imagine, it's like exterminate, but the enemies deploy at areas around the map, which lotus could announce, and they spread around looking for the player, every five or so waves, the level and/or number increases.

I was thinking today about how to balance it too, perhaps every five or ten rounds you go to a station and unlock one mod slot on your frame/weapons, or even a progression system, like leveling but just to unlock the slots for the mission.  and you could even do mini-bosses, there are tons of ways you could make a gamemode like that unique to Warframe.

Thoughts?

9/10

Would play, A Lot.

exactly, and to be honest, the mission types in WF can get repetitive at times, even kinda bland.  this would be interesting and would renew some players' interest in the game.

The idea of anything that we could sit and grind enemies away, without having to worry about crap like Life Support, will always get my vote. The trouble would be with balancing, but im sure that could be done.

9/10

Would play, A Lot.

The idea of anything that we could sit and grind enemies away, without having to worry about crap like Life Support, will always get my vote. The trouble would be with balancing, but im sure that could be done.

that's why a progression with mod slots would be fun as hek! imagine, you have to choose between firerate or reload speed on a gun for the next 5 rounds, the choice would make the game run differently depending on what mod you chose to unlock.

that's why a progression with mod slots would be fun as hek! imagine, you have to choose between firerate or reload speed on a gun for the next 5 rounds, the choice would make the game run differently depending on what mod you chose to unlock.

Or your position on the map determines which faction comes in next. To make it even more customizeable for your goals. That would make One node function as many, where drops and resources are concerned. Maybe when one wave stops, You have a choice of consoles to hack, to open doors or something to let specific factions in. Like you are in the mission at the 20 minute mark, and you can hack Console A to have Infested file in for the next round, Or Console B for Corrupted. Something like that. Course that may just be wanting everything at once. But your idea definitely has merit. Ive been trying to get something like this going for over 2 years now. I jump at any chance to talk about it with intelligent players.

Or your position on the map determines which faction comes in next. To make it even more customizeable for your goals. That would make One node function as many, where drops and resources are concerned. Maybe when one wave stops, You have a choice of consoles to hack, to open doors or something to let specific factions in. Like you are in the mission at the 20 minute mark, and you can hack Console A to have Infested file in for the next round, Or Console B for Corrupted. Something like that. Course that may just be wanting everything at once. But your idea definitely has merit. Ive been trying to get something like this going for over 2 years now. I jump at any chance to talk about it with intelligent players.

It's something to scale into late though, something fun

It does sound like a lot of fun, and allowing the appearance of multiple factions/mini-bosses for various resource/mod drops would be cool, too.

Only thing I see is that mission-wise I can't think of a way to introduce it to the Star Chart where it makes sense. Most of the missions have something about them that makes sense with what you're doing, extracting data, planting false data, creating a distraction, eliminating enemy strike forces....etc. Not sure what kind of mission backstory could be done with this kind of gameplay of unlocking enemy spawn points to let them in to be killed.

What comes to mind for me would be like the X-Men Danger Room training sessions. Similar to the Simulacrum, but with ramping difficulty instead of just arbitrarily testing. I'd like to see it put onto the Star Chart though, and not a different form of Simulacrum.

Got any suggestions for a mission backstory for it to make sense first though? It's a small thing in relation to what it could add to the game, but I still think it should be considered.

It does sound like a lot of fun, and allowing the appearance of multiple factions/mini-bosses for various resource/mod drops would be cool, too.

Only thing I see is that mission-wise I can't think of a way to introduce it to the Star Chart where it makes sense. Most of the missions have something about them that makes sense with what you're doing, extracting data, planting false data, creating a distraction, eliminating enemy strike forces....etc. Not sure what kind of mission backstory could be done with this kind of gameplay of unlocking enemy spawn points to let them in to be killed.

What comes to mind for me would be like the X-Men Danger Room training sessions. Similar to the Simulacrum, but with ramping difficulty instead of just arbitrarily testing. I'd like to see it put onto the Star Chart though, and not a different form of Simulacrum.

Got any suggestions for a mission backstory for it to make sense first though? It's a small thing in relation to what it could add to the game, but I still think it should be considered.

perhaps you are there to find an artifact, and have to search the rooms for the artifact, and when you find it, the factions change to tenno vs corrupted vs whatever faction the node is, and after you find the artifact the loot becomes better, but the level scales

Maybe your Tenno is stranded during a large scale invasion of multiple factions. The only real goal being to survive as long as possible. Maybe tie it into the current idea of Crossfire somehow?

perhaps you are there to find an artifact, and have to search the rooms for the artifact, and when you find it, the factions change to tenno vs corrupted vs whatever faction the node is, and after you find the artifact the loot becomes better, but the level scales

Ok, with that I'm thinking that the room you're in may have traps/puzzles that you need to solve to release the artifact (like an Indiana Jones-esque type temple vibe) and the further you solve the puzzles the more difficult it gets by opening more traps and releasing more enemies. That could be pretty cool.

Edit: Maybe that could be how DE could bring back the old simple "Raid" mission type.

Edit: Don't think consoles ever saw it, so here's a link to what I mean: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Raid

Edited by Maicael

Ok, with that I'm thinking that the room you're in may have traps/puzzles that you need to solve to release the artifact (like an Indiana Jones-esque type temple vibe) and the further you solve the puzzles the more difficult it gets by opening more traps and releasing more enemies. That could be pretty cool.

Maybe you have to solve multi-layer hacking puzzles, and each failure releases higher level enemies, or Eximus units. So that if you made it to the end of a wave, and couldnt take any more, you could use a cipher to get through the layers and extract, but if you could handle more, just intentionally fail. It would give players much more control over the type of content that they wanted to grind on.

I can't see how you'd balance this so that it does not just turn into the next farm-cave.

This is basically even more "Dungeon Defenders" then we have already, and that is saying something.

that's why I was thinking if you had an unlocking system for mods it could be balanced to a point, it would be hard to, no doubt, but the reward of a new, more dynamic mission type would be great. Edited by (XB1)TheInpenetrable

that's why I was thinking if you had an unlocking system for mods it could be balanced to a point, it would be hard to, no doubt, but the reward of a new, more dynamic mission type would be great.

Definitely. And it would also take strain off other nodes. If you could get drops from all factions, in one place, It would serve as the new best mission type for grinding mob drops and XP/Cores. It would only take One on each planet, and with the new Star Chart layout, it could function amazingly.

Definitely. And it would also take strain off other nodes. If you could get drops from all factions, in one place, It would serve as the new best mission type for grinding mob drops and XP/Cores. It would only take One on each planet, and with the new Star Chart layout, it could function amazingly.

I feel like this idea should seriously be considered by DE, I think it'd be a great addition