Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Arc Traps Are Too Common

Scylax

I get at least one every single room: https://gfycat.com/BelatedGrouchyChickadee (I got two of them in the next room as well but gfycat only lets you upload 15 seconds so I didn't have enough time to include the next room)

I get that they're supposed to force you to use more than melee and pay attention so you can shoot them at a distance, and that's fine, but there are waaaaay too many of them. They're more of a chore than anything that helps gameplay.

Edited by Scylax

There are a lot of them. Yes. But to be fair, you're a superhuman killing machine.

You can single-handedly massacre whole enemy units.

And then sometimes you roll with three other superhuman killing machines.

The Grineer have to slow you down somehow.

If we were allowed to play as the Grineer and fortify our ships against Tenno, I'd put arc traps on everything. Even my armor. 

Edited by Rhekemi

If we were allowed to play as the Grineer and fortify our ships against Tenno, I'd put arc traps on everything. Even my armor. 

Yes, we would, but we are not the Grineer in this game. The game is for our amusement -- not theirs. Arc traps are to balance the game and force you to use ranged weapons on top of melee. They accomplish that. At this magnitude though it's super annoying and not nearly this many are necessary to accomplish their purpose.

They're not as annoying as the Sensor Bars that deal the magnetic proc if you accidentally sprint through one. At least with these if you have decent shields it won't fully deplete them (or your energy), and they'll burn themselves out just by you standing in it for too long (and they show up with enemy radar unlike sensor bars).

Edit: Not suggesting Sensor Bars be changed instead, just making a comparison.

Edited by Maicael

Yes, we would, but we are not the Grineer in this game. The game is for our amusement -- not theirs. Arc traps are to balance the game and force you to use ranged weapons on top of melee. They accomplish that. At this magnitude though it's super annoying and not nearly this many are necessary to accomplish their purpose.

Yeah, I get that. And I'm not invalidating your right to be annoyed. I honestly think it's logical that there are so many. Kind of funny when the traps stun the Grineer themselves, but they're not the brightest bunch.

That said, the arc traps are less annoying to me. As for how I deal with them...I shoot them when I remember, or I just run past them and take the hit. I dunno. They bug me less is all. 

They're not as annoying as the Sensor Bars that deal the magnetic proc if you accidentally sprint through one. At least with these if you have decent shields it won't fully deplete them (or your energy), and they'll burn themselves out just by you standing in it for too long (and they show up with enemy radar unlike sensor bars).

Edit: Not suggesting Sensor Bars be changed instead, just making a comparison.

Exactly.

Sensor bars and laser grids (Corpus) annoy me more, as I actively have to stop and shoot them because I need my precious energy, while laser grids break your momentum in a high speed game.

That said, they're just as logical as the arc traps to me.

The Grineer and Corpus fear us and have to slow us down somehow. 

I wouldn't be so annoyed by them if they wasn't always on the floor. Put them on the walls or ceiling. Its not like they explode when you walk over them. At least give us variety of arc traps. Ones that explode on contact, depletes some of your energy, hold you in place for 4 secs, teleports you somewhere else in the room. Would be nice change.

I get at least one every single room: https://gfycat.com/BelatedGrouchyChickadee (I got two of them in the next room as well but gfycat only lets you upload 15 seconds so I didn't have enough time to include the next room)

I get that they're supposed to force you to use more than melee and pay attention so you can shoot them at a distance, and that's fine, but there are waaaaay too many of them. They're more of a chore than anything that helps gameplay.

Spy missions seems to have more then normal, They are also present in the Data Rooms. As they should, because I go there invisible all the time.

We used to have 50+ at one stage, we even had cases where they would be three or four in the extraction room. The current amounts of them now are fine.