Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Played Metal Gear Solid V Again Today, For One Very Specific Reason

(XBOX)Grihaly

Don't know why this didn't click til now, but how many FOBs do you have?

The cost of platforms skyrockets each time you build a new FOB. Right now my 3rd base has every platform at 2/4, but now the cost of platforms is about 208,000 materials and 2.5 million GMP. 

The command platform has a cost of about 244,000 in materials and 10.5 million GMP.

I'm debating getting into the FOB infiltration part of the game because you can get a lot of resources and GMP through that, but because my FOB is so built up I get matched with other players who have advanced FOBs, so it'd be extremely tough.

The cost of platforms skyrockets each time you build a new FOB. Right now my 3rd base has every platform at 2/4, but now the cost of platforms is about 208,000 materials and 2.5 million GMP. 

The command platform has a cost of about 244,000 in materials and 10.5 million GMP.

I'm debating getting into the FOB infiltration part of the game because you can get a lot of resources and GMP through that, but because my FOB is so built up I get matched with other players who have advanced FOBs, so it'd be extremely tough.

I don't really bother with FoBs. Making the one I got is a pain in the butt and it just keeps getting more and more expensive, I really don't see why I'd want to make a 2nd or even a third one, especially considering I don't have enough FoB coins to make a 2nd one, and I don't want to pay money to make them if they're just "keep grinding forever" at that point.

I don't really bother with FoBs. Making the one I got is a pain in the butt and it just keeps getting more and more expensive, I really don't see why I'd want to make a 2nd or even a third one, especially considering I don't have enough FoB coins to make a 2nd one, and I don't want to pay money to make them if they're just "keep grinding forever" at that point.

The main point is to increase your overall staff capacity, division levels, and deployable units for combat deployment missions. With 3 bases I was able to deploy 8 teams during the last two weeks to get about 250+ S and S+ staff from the online deployment missions. Raised my staff levels faster in the last two weeks than I ever had before. Not only that, but there are lots of new equipment research tasks that become available at higher staff levels.

The main point is to increase your overall staff capacity, division levels, and deployable units for combat deployment missions. With 3 bases I was able to deploy 8 teams during the last two weeks to get about 250+ S and S+ staff from the online deployment missions. Raised my staff levels faster in the last two weeks than I ever had before. Not only that, but there are lots of new equipment research tasks that become available at higher staff levels.

OH yeah don't get me wrong the extra staff capacity is great but chances are by the time you get all 3 FOBs maxed out and get those super expensive stuff you've already 100% the game and there's no reason for you to keep playing as there's no NG+ which sucks.

OH yeah don't get me wrong the extra staff capacity is great but chances are by the time you get all 3 FOBs maxed out and get those super expensive stuff you've already 100% the game and there's no reason for you to keep playing as there's no NG+ which sucks.

Why would you want a NG+? You can reply pretty much everything.

Why would you want a NG+? You can reply pretty much everything.

You can replay all the missions, yes, but starting over brand new but with your high level Staff and weapons and the tougher enemies would be really awesome imo. Plus it would let us see those cutscenes that you can only see once again. I don't care if it locks the buddies until we unlock them in the story, but I think a NG+ would really help the game out.

Ugh, I figured it would increase with each one. 

I went on some kind of psychotic revenge trip a little over a month ago, hitting any and every FOB of players using the Butterfly emblem, I've been capped on most of the resources ever since. So I should be good for my next FOB.

You can replay all the missions, yes, but starting over brand new but with your high level Staff and weapons and the tougher enemies would be really awesome imo. Plus it would let us see those cutscenes that you can only see once again. I don't care if it locks the buddies until we unlock them in the story, but I think a NG+ would really help the game out.

I think it would have been better if instead of getting a few replay missions on extreme to progress through, it should have just been the 38 regular missions, and then you unlock extreme for every mission. Or something harder, extreme is even too easy now...