Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fallout 4 Mods Speculation

(PSN)zeratul____12

My guess is that mods that demand more power (are more APU demanding) wont be available because PS4 and XBOne can hardly run Fallout 4 as is at medium-ish graphics settings.
And yes they have to be made on PC (you cant 3D model on a console xD) and ofc that they will have to be approved by devs...meaning it will be really really limited...

Didn't Bethesda talk about creating a system for mod purchasing?

First off, mod buying will be back, secondly the really good things might get ported as a DLC to consoles.

Most importantly, some mods will become obscure through DLC patches, Skyrim had this where Bethesda added and changed quite a few things to make them part of the core game rather than mod necessity.

I'm just wondering how will Bethesda will implement the mods, like for instance, will it be possible to make them on console or will they only be made on PC, and then they will be screened by the Dev's and then approved for download on the consoles.

As far as I know what they're doing is finding popular mods on PC and adding them to the PS4/XB1 store as either free downloads or microtransactions. Hopefully they'll atleast check to make sure you don't need a script extender to run that mod.

so no nude mods or anything that has gross copyright infringement.

BUT THOSE ARE THE ONLY THINGS I WANT!!!

Worst news ever... Jk

If I recall correctly, all PC mods will be downloadable for XB1, AFAIK PS4 doesn't get get mods.

They've announced that PS4 will get mods just like XB1, they just didn't have anything official on that at the time of the E3 presentation, so it wasn't mentioned.

Edited by (PS4)KestralSylver

First of all. R.I.P all dialogue quests.

Secondly, consoles hardly run the game at 30 FPS at probably low-med res.

The most I'm realistically seeing is armor/weapon mods, retextures etc.

I truly doubt we're gonna be getting Project Nevada/FWE on consoles.

They've confirmed that mods will be available on consoles. They still have to be approved by Sony, so no nude mods or anything that has gross copyright infringement.

That being said, I'm curious how this will be implemented myself.

Probably the same way mods worked on UT3 on PS3, IE the mods would get uploaded to bethesda somewhere, then the approved ones can be downloaded via an in-game menu.

Contrary to popular belief mods for console are no new thing, they are just usually more limited than PC mods, and cannot change anything resolution wise.

Probably the same way mods worked on UT3 on PS3, IE the mods would get uploaded to bethesda somewhere, then the approved ones can be downloaded via an in-game menu.

Contrary to popular belief mods for console are no new thing, they are just usually more limited than PC mods, and cannot change anything resolution wise.

Kinda like how online multiplayer was already available on the PS2, it just wasn't done much.

Kinda like how online multiplayer was already available on the PS2, it just wasn't done much.

You would be surprised as to how many console mods there were, sadly most of them are behind sites that require membership or even payed subscriptions. A lot of console mods could simply be added in via the save file, others required you to move the game files to PC and then modify it on PC and move it back and the game would recognize the mods as an official patch. Modding for console was quite safe so long as the mods took into account the hardware that it had available. Some mods could be highly stressful for a console and cause it to crash. However you had to be careful with console mods because you could be account and/or console banned for using them in a multiplayer environment, regardless of whether the mod gave you no performance advantage or not. Although towards the end of the X360 days I will admit I used a lot of mods on dead island in MP, that game was too boring to play unmodded.