Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Genji = Excalibur ?

Otakuwolf

I'm probably not the only one who might have thought about it but... Do you think Genji from Overwatch is an Excalibur ripoff or it's just the trope to be overused ? Or maybe both ?

(

for those who don't know ) Edited by Otakuwolf

I would say it is more the trope. Cyber ninja is not super uncommon I would say.

Even then, he is more ninja than excalibur ever will be (and slash dash is a super old and semi cliche power in all games)

i would like to see excal close to this Genji,i mean not the same,but its good for him to use more his sword in different ways,like blocking,teleporting (aka ash bladestorm)something like that,i mean the only skill worth to excal right now is the exhalted blade,he could be more like a samurai warframe than what is it actually.

UGGGH another one?

cyborg_ninja_by_jonneh86.jpg

11_mgs4_screenshot_d2230_25--article_ima

Cyborg ninjaaaaaaaaas have been out longer than Excalibur. Genji is nothing like Excalibur, they don't look alike nor do they perform the same. 

Metal Gear nice :)

Imagine Excal with Wind Sword Style kung fu,or Thunder Style Sword,or other type of sword style for him.i think it would be epicness :)

Edited by AzazelSama

UGGGH another one?

cyborg_ninja_by_jonneh86.jpg

11_mgs4_screenshot_d2230_25--article_ima

Cyborg ninjaaaaaaaaas have been out longer than Excalibur. Genji is nothing like Excalibur, they don't look alike nor do they perform the same. 

Another one?

*cough* Been around waaaay before Metal Gear Solid too.

Guyver1.jpg

And I bet there is something that came out before that too...

There was a hole here, now it's gone. I guess...  (╯°Д°)︵ ┻━┻

Edited by Ahcruna

WUT really? why just because he uses a sword in one of his moves?

Excalibur climb towers in ease, carries 2 guns and a shield generator at once and throws beams of sword energy, while any sword gets 10% stronger when he wields one.

Genji struggles to climb over a building, never carries a gun and engulfs his sword with energy only to compensate its length.