Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Black Friday Regret

So unlike most people who wait for good deals on black Friday I recently took all the cash I had spare and bought some stuff.

An Oculus  and GTX 980 TI (a third one) to be exact..

Can someone explain why I caved in and spent my money on this instead of buying all the plats I would ever need and enough games to last me an eternity?

(no, really, can one of you link me to somewhere to help with my spending problem?)

So unlike most people who wait for good deals on black Friday I recently took all the cash I had spare and bought some stuff.

An Oculus  and GTX 980 TI (a third one) to be exact..

Can someone explain why I caved in and spent my money on this instead of buying all the plats I would ever need and enough games to last me an eternity?

(no, really, can one of you link me to somewhere to help with my spending problem?)

Lol.

Well. On the bright side you will at least have some awesome performance and high end graphics for all next-gen games; a little overpowered if just only for Warframe. It's not really a mistake if you can learn from it and try your best delay your gratification next time.

Personally, I'm also waiting for them high-end graphic cards going down, and they definitely will go down, always, before grabbing them. I currently need them too to build a solidly powered computer. I have so many next gen games on my Steam now that I have to hold off playing until then.

Lol.

Well. On the bright side you will at least have some awesome performance and high end graphics for all next-gen games; a little overpowered if just only for Warframe. It's not really a mistake if you can learn from it and try your best delay your gratification next time.

Personally, I'm also waiting for them high-end graphic cards going down, and they definitely will go down, always, before grabbing them. I currently need them too to build a solidly powered computer. I have so many next gen games on my Steam now that I have to hold off playing until then.

Nah, not for warframe. With games like (Yes, bo3) offering dual VR I'm seeing it as a time that I need to be overpowered.. When you can play the same game twice in 4k  reso.. Yeah, 3 is necessary..

I picked up an XFX R9 390 for 260 USD.

I'm stuck in a loop of self doubt while comparing it to the other R9 390 designs and the GTX 970.

EDIT: This is a component of my first ever build. The anxiety is real.

Edited by arKRazor

sadly, between the unreliability in performance of Multi-GPU as well as the lack of actual deployment & support in most games for the next few years, people still won't be using their VR tech any time soon.

pushing the required 240Hz to get VR to work correctly is incredibly strenuous for most games.

honestly, i'd be surprised if you're even able to use Oculus flavor VR on Black Ops 3. 240Hz at all times is a very high bar.

i won't regret anything, this is the perfect opportunity for me to do something i've been needing to do - replace the entire core of my Computer.

i'll wait until after the sales start, though... lol.

I picked up an XFX R9 390 for 260 USD.

I'm stuck in a loop of self doubt while comparing it to the other R9 390 designs and the GTX 970.

Can't stand anything other than nvidia.. I just don't like my drivers being potatoes.

sadly, between the unreliability in performance of Multi-GPU as well as the lack of actual deployment & support in most games for the next few years, people still won't be using their VR tech any time soon.

pushing the required 240Hz to get VR to work correctly is incredibly strenuous for most games.

honestly, i'd be surprised if you're even able to use Oculus flavor VR on Black Ops 3. 240Hz at all times is a very high bar.

i won't regret anything, this is the perfect opportunity for me to do something i've been needing to do - replace the entire core of my Computer.

i'll wait until after the sales start, though... lol.

Who needs sales.