Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Make This Game More Challenging And Less Griding

rlro

I've been playing this game for one month now and although I really like the gameplay, it is really starting to get boring. The main reasons are:

1 - This game is far too easy. Any decent player can solo any mission with a mid-level warframe and weapons. With a 4-team, it is simply ridiculously easy. The only challenging missions are T3 void, but to get the keys to unlock them is almost impossible.

2 - The continuous grinding for blueprints and resources. With update 8, it has become extremely difficult to find rare components like Neural Sensors and Control Modules. Even Morphics which used to be very easy to obtain has become a pain. For instance, I had to kill the Golem like 30 times in order to get *2* Neural Sensors.

It is simply no fun at all to complete the same easy missions over and over to get blueprints and then complete other even easier missions in order to get the rare components necessary to build the items whose blueprints you got.

The solution: make the missions necessary to get rare resources much more difficult, but make the drop of the rare ingredients almost certain when (if) you complete them.

Edited by rlro

Yes! That would be so great. Also, not only more fun missions to do with the Clan, but better rewards for hard missions as well. THIS would be content that we could play for a long time, not 2 Weapons and one frame from the void. No one would have to call us in need for Instant Gratitude!

Edited by SirMelf

I agree. People advocate making smarter AI's and other such stuff, which I also agree with, but a simple thing to start with is to just allow a difficulty slider. And it sucks that there's no dedicated servers because it would be nice to play kappa or kiste with *literally* 5-10x the number of mobs that spawn currently - when I go there I don't even use energy any more because 1) I'm usually leveling a weapon anyway and don't want warframe kills and 2) we beat the level easily without casting anything. You've only been playing a month but I've been here since closed beta and this "too easy" problem just gets worse as your gear gets better, *especially* now that forma's have been released.

Edited by .PiTHON.

They should make a level where your only enemies are Rollers. That should be hard enough for you.

Iron skin. Or, press number 4 with any aoe warframe (#3 with rhino). Or use trinities link. Or just aim at them and shoot them.

More challenging? Yes. We need challenge. We need better AI design with ability to counter our powers and tactics.

Less grindy? Ehh...borderlinely impossible. It's a game based on loot run, there is no Warframe without grind. RNG is a harsh mistress.

They should make a level where your only enemies are Rollers. That should be hard enough for you.

If this is what you understand by more challenging, I feel sorry for you.

Here's the problem as I see it: You can make a mission more challenging, but there's nothing stopping a player from simply leveling up his character to the point where he can still trounce the mission. With the current system in place, while it would be quite time consuming, it is possible to advance your Warframe and weapons so much that every single mod slot is a polarity slot. With that much power in a player's hands it would be very difficult for the devs to come up with something to stop him and also not inconvenience players who are unwilling to spend that much time working on one character.

Have you been living under a rock for the past few weeks?

I finished my rhino a few weeks ago and his iron skin ability owns and his #3 ability owns. I don't listen to the non-stop whining, I go out and try the stuff out for myself.

I am a bit biased because I like to play kappa/kiste which is only grineer. But on those levels I can have iron skin up 100% of the time which means no knock back from rollers/scorpions/heavy units and means I can stand out in the wide open the whole game shooting things and getting experience. If more than a few mobs pile up around the pod then I hit #3 and problem solved.

Edited by .PiTHON.

Here's the problem as I see it: You can make a mission more challenging, but there's nothing stopping a player from simply leveling up his character to the point where he can still trounce the mission. With the current system in place, while it would be quite time consuming, it is possible to advance your Warframe and weapons so much that every single mod slot is a polarity slot. With that much power in a player's hands it would be very difficult for the devs to come up with something to stop him and also not inconvenience players who are unwilling to spend that much time working on one character.

Sure thing. The problem is that even using a mid-level warframe and standard weapons (without potato), I can solo every mission easily (that is not true only on defense missions for later waves).

They could (at least) implement T3 void difficulty on some new moon that would be accessible without the need to buy/farm keys.

Yeah, make the game more challenging...... *rolls eyes*

Some people ENJOY an easier game.

If you want to be all Hardcore, well. Try Defense or Void 3 solo. There's all the challenge you could ever want.

Some of us enjoy being able to do something that ain't all balls-hardcore. Too many games go that route these days because of people whining about "OMG WHERE'S MAH CHALLENGE!?" and so game devs crank up the challenge and....... the game is no longer fun and they end up losing a bunch of people.

Look at WoW and Cataclysm. They ramped up the challenge in Heroic Dungeons so high that very few people ever did Heroics and you had 45min wait times on a random dungeon. Oh, and... millions of people quit the game right after Cataclysm came out, too.

MoP, they made Heroics more like Wrath. Guess what? To this day, Wait Times are 10-15min.

Edited by Xylia

Yeah, make the game more challenging...... *rolls eyes*

Some people ENJOY an easier game.

If you want to be all Hardcore, well. Try Defense or Void 3 solo. There's all the challenge you could ever want.

Some of us enjoy being able to do something that ain't all balls-hardcore. Too many games go that route these days because of people whining about "OMG WHERE'S MAH CHALLENGE!?" and so game devs crank up the challenge and....... the game is no longer fun and they end up losing a bunch of people.

Look at WoW and Cataclysm. They ramped up the challenge in Heroic Dungeons so high that very few people ever did Heroics and you had 45min wait times on a random dungeon. Oh, and... millions of people quit the game right after Cataclysm came out, too.

MoP, they made Heroics more like Wrath. Guess what? To this day, Wait Times are 10-15min.

I dunno, going into missions with my level 30 Excalibur and Boltor, and Lato Vandal, I pretty much just hold down the mouse button and move my mouse around and the entire room drops. My challenge is going into missions and using the Paris but even then, the limited damage you can do to shielded enemies makes it so I just use my pistol 90% of the time anyway.

Also, Cataclysm dungeons were not just hard, there were BATS#&$ INSANE hard. Players asked for a challenge not stomach ulcers.

Also the wait times you're talking about are for DPS classes, Tanks and Healers were still insta-queuing all day.

you want a challenge? get a new frame and dont potato it or any weapon it uses ... without the rng god for the mods on your side it can be frustrating...

I'm a founde rbut i dont wanna spend my plat so i havent potatoed any gun after my reset. it much more fun w/o it and at the we ill poralize my first weapon it will be awsm... this long time developing.

I dunno, going into missions with my level 30 Excalibur and Boltor, and Lato Vandal, I pretty much just hold down the mouse button and move my mouse around and the entire room drops. My challenge is going into missions and using the Paris but even then, the limited damage you can do to shielded enemies makes it so I just use my pistol 90% of the time anyway.

Boltor is a bit of a... I don't know how to put this... "Easy Gun".

Replace that Boltor with a Burston, Boar/Strun, Grakata, etc.

You'll find that maps are a bit more challenging. Oh and lemme guess, you've got Serration and Multishot on that too? Probably maxed or near it?

Also, Cataclysm dungeons were not just hard, there were BATS#&$ INSANE hard. Players asked for a challenge not stomach ulcers.

Apparently that's what some people in Warframe are asking for too. These people with tricked out Warframes and Weapons/Prime Weapons/Founder Weapons saying the game is too easy. Yeah, you bring a Potato'd Boltor with max Serration/Multishot.... uh yeah. It WOULD be easy. But if we make it hard for these guys.... then people without that are going to find it nearly impossible.

Also the wait times you're talking about are for DPS classes, Tanks and Healers were still insta-queuing all day.

Yeah, given the ridiculous challenge (and that stupid broken triage heal system they tried to do), EVEN LESS tanks and healers were queuing for Heroics. So to get an accurate reading, you had to look at the DPS wait timers and compare them to DPS wait timers after Mists. Like I said, 45min compared to 10-15min they are today with easier dungeons.

Easier Dungeons = More People Queue. In fact, since you're Queuing as DPS, the most popular role to Q as, shouldn't the wait timers go UP? Nope, MORE tanks and heals Q in Mists than ever did in Cata because the crap was  just too stinking hard.

You will eventually get to the point where you can easily solo t3 void.

Rare materials werent rare at all, at least now you need some work to get them.

Even against a 1000lvl enemies there are still cheap tactics that will trivialize mission and if you attempt to remove them ppl will whine again that their favorite toy became useless in their eyes... 

Sorry theres no way to balance things when community is against balancing.

You will eventually get to the point where you can easily solo t3 void.

Rare materials werent rare at all, at least now you need some work to get them.

Even against a 1000lvl enemies there are still cheap tactics that will trivialize mission and if you attempt to remove them ppl will whine again that their favorite toy became useless in their eyes... 

Sorry theres no way to balance things when community is against balancing.

They're not against balancing, but the question is what do you balance it TO?

Again, if you try to balance it against peeps with tricked out special weapons, you make the game impossible for everybody else.

Balance it around your average person (the way it is now), and the tricked out people complain.

Why? There's not much of a progression in Warframe. There kinda is, but once you get to where you can solo Pluto, there's nowhere else to go other than Void.

But then this is BETA afterall. They're working on it. Give them time.

yeah I agree it is a Little 2 easy when you get better gear. - Obvious thats why you get better gear to be able to kill them faster.

My solution would be, as has most likely been said before, Add some kind of option to the mission, Easy, Medium, Hard and Hardcore - Where as the higher the difficulity the better the reward - exp can be same just better reward chance.

Fx Morphin:

Easy:

5% chance of drop from Vor

100% HP

75% dmg

Mod drop chance per kill - 2.5%

Medium:

10% Chance of drop from Vor

125% HP

100% dmg

Mod drop chance per kill - 5%

Hard:

25% chance of drop from Vor

200% HP

125% dmg

Mod drop chance per kill - 7.5%

Hardcore:

50% chance of drop from Vor

200% HP

200% dmg

Mod drop chance per kill - 10%

Just as a rough idea :) to what could make it more challenging

Relevant topic, please vote if you find the game too easy or too hard for you:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/57306-game-too-easy-or-too-hard-vote/

Hardcore:

50% chance of drop from Vor

200% HP

200% dmg

Mod drop chance per kill - 10%

Just as a rough idea :) to what could make it more challenging

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/58014-suggestion-hardcore-mode-for-missions/#entry600180

Another relevant topic. I started a discussion about some possibilities for hardcore difficulty mode.

I feel like a complete jerk promoting my own topics, but more and more people create various topics about difficulty of the game, and i feel we need to piece it together.

They're not against balancing, but the question is what do you balance it TO?

Again, if you try to balance it against peeps with tricked out special weapons, you make the game impossible for everybody else.

Balance it around your average person (the way it is now), and the tricked out people complain.

Why? There's not much of a progression in Warframe. There kinda is, but once you get to where you can solo Pluto, there's nowhere else to go other than Void.

But then this is BETA afterall. They're working on it. Give them time.

I would start with bringing hek dmg down, lowering rof on kunai/despair, adding diminishing return to cc(both enemy and ours), reworking link, fixing overheat on ember, tuning down guardian on sentinel and buffing clan weapons. Then we can think about making enemies harder. Except clan weapons buffs i doubt ill find many fans to my ideas.

Edited by Davoodoo

Personally, I think the problem isn't difficulty, but rather the repetitiveness of the gameplay. With rare exception, all mission types feel the same, and the game boils down to shooting at the same handful of enemy types or running like mad to the end of the level. 

More variation in difficulty is good, but only if it means something beyond increased enemy health/damage.

Increasing difficulty means more than scaling up health and damage. If you were reliably surviving before, chances are it wasn't because you were soaking up all the bullets with your face, it meant you were using defensive abilities. If you scaled up health and damage, all the damage would still be redirected and all you would be left with is a bullet sponge, much like certain bosses we see in the game right now.

Edited by PositronicSpleen