Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Does Two-Factor Authentication Work?

Aaryl

Question

11 answers to this question

I would like to know this as well, no information provided there.

However, I do have to assume when you log in from a new device you will get a code sent to your E-Mail to approve of the new location being logged into. Kind of like Steam.

I don't really know though, would like information before I activate it and if can't remove it.

I do hope for SMS activation to be implemented though, my phone is more secure/trusted than my E-Mail, not that my E-Mail is a public loggon...

Similar to steam 2 stage login.

Once you enable it warframe will ask you in the login screen to introduce a serial that was sent to your email, copy and paste the serial that you got into warframe text box (it pops up when you try to login)

After that is done it is likely it won't ask you again, unless ofcourse you change pc or location.

Even if your account is compromised, players can't login unless they also know the credentials to your email.

Edited by KIREEKPSO

I can't play warframe atm because i've forgotten my email and i have activated that option, and warframe support hasn't responded after 2 days. What the fk, for real now.

same here, but my e-mail was deleted so I can't see the code.

support hasn't responded too. All I can do is wait for reply....

After that is done it is likely it won't ask you again, unless ofcourse you change pc or location.

It's looks like it's not machine dependent. I enabled 2FA this week and did the email thing on my desktop, but my laptop does not require it.