Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Longsword Stance Seems Nice, But...

Magneu

Personally, I'd be happy if instead of new stances (undoubtedly hard to farm), we simply got combos added to existing stances, animations sharpened up, quick attacks altered to basic combos, etc etc. Too many stances have only a single combo besides the basic attack, and often these combos are simple extensions. 

Instead of new stances every month, how about we get all of our stances on the level of stances such as Final Harbinger, Tempo Royale, Defiled Snapdragon, etc, etc?

+1. I'd rather have one really nice stance than two or three crappy ones.

For a couple of our existing weapon categories, it wouldn't hurt to see some of the stances simply merged together into one. Polearms, for example, have two stances that each have two combos (one E-spam and one branch-off)-- those stances in particular are a perfect candidate for being merged into a single stance that has a comfortable 4 combos.

Well, the new longsword stance seems to go in a completely different direction than the two existing ones, so I can understand that they separate it. But yes, many stances only offer one or two combos and feel like they're left behind.

Just one thing I wish for: Allow us to buy the stance from the market if we don't want to farm for it. Atlantis Vulcan is a uncommon drop from a common (at least on Casta) enemy and I still have to find one ...

Well, the new longsword stance seems to go in a completely different direction than the two existing ones, so I can understand that they separate it. But yes, many stances only offer one or two combos and feel like they're left behind.

Just one thing I wish for: Allow us to buy the stance from the market if we don't want to farm for it. Atlantis Vulcan is a uncommon drop from a common (at least on Casta) enemy and I still have to find one ...

Would be great to just buy one from the market sometimes. I still don't have defiled snapdragon because rng is mean for me. XD

True, stances that fulfill different purposes are great; while I believe each stance should have a nice variation of combos, obviously there's gonna be a mobility stance, a slow/powerful stance, etc, etc (for example, Heavy Blades, Nikanas, and Fists all have a great variation of stances in their class).

Still, pushing out a whole new stance when Iron Phoenix only has a single combo, and the stance is entirely inferior to Crimson Dervish as a whole, seems a little silly. The mobility aspect looks nice though, hopefully it has ok multipliers.

This is, once again, where Light/Heavy attacks could come in and add considerable diversity and simplicity to combos and their execution.

By merging Iron Phoenix and Crimson Dervish together, you could have:

Wings and Beak: (L) (L) (L)

Taking Flight: (L) (L) (H) (L or H) (L or H) (L or H)

Crimson Orbit (which is just an unfinished combo): (H) (H) (H)

Twisting Flurry: (H) (H) (H) (L)

Coiling Impale: (H) (H) (H) (H)

Blocking no longer takes stamina. There's no reason to not block (except to avoid channel blocking, which just needs to go). There's no reason we don't just automatically block. We have a free button if blocking is just automatic while a melee weapon is drawn. Make the block button a heavy swing button.

Edited by Roboplus

What worries me is that no one really uses the combos. From feedback threads most people find that just pressing 'E' is perfectly fine. What I'd recommend is to allow players to make their own combos. This way the player could always make a new combo to keep things looking fresh (in a sense) without DE having to add another stance mod every month, or flood the drop table with stance mods.

Edited by Postal_pat

This is, once again, where Light/Heavy attacks could come in and add considerable diversity and simplicity to combos and their execution.

By merging Iron Phoenix and Crimson Dervish together, you could have:

Wings and Beak: (L) (L) (L)

Taking Flight: (L) (L) (H) (L or H) (L or H) (L or H)

Crimson Orbit (which is just an unfinished combo): (H) (H) (H)

Twisting Flurry: (H) (H) (H) (L)

Coiling Impale: (H) (H) (H) (H)

Blocking no longer takes stamina. There's no reason to not block (except to avoid channel blocking, which just needs to go). There's no reason we don't just automatically block. We have a free button if blocking is just automatic while a melee weapon is drawn. Make the block button a heavy swing button.

Actually when you equip a melee weapon the reload button (on PS4 at least) is totally useless. It can easily be used for Heavy attack if DE ops for it. But doing this would mean a lot of work for their animation department so I doubt they would be willing. Still would be nice to have though.

What worries me is that no one really uses the combos. From feedback threads most people find that just pressing 'E' is perfectly fine. What I'd recommend is to allow players to make their own combos. This way the player could always make a new combo to keep things looking fresh (in a sense) without DE having to add another stance mod every month, or flood the drop table with stance mods.

True, what seems to be a large amount of players just go with what's easier to spam, and miss out on the fact that many combos have insane multihits, knockdowns, armor ignoring finishers, etc, etc. Still, when a rare combo (Bleeding WIllow, for example) only has a single combo that flings you all over the place besides its basic combo, it could really use additional moves. The worst offender I can think of is Gnashing Payara, where its "advanced" combo is simply another strike added on, with wonky timing to boot.

A side note, but "two strike (pause or hold) multiple strike" combos (like Primal Fury) shouldn't really be a thing. A single strike then pause/hold would make it much, much easier to execute at speed (although this discounts the horrible timing/animation issues on Primal Fury).