The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentient Alerts/instances?

(PSN)chaos-SD

qFkANrC.jpg

Was going over the Devstream, Not sure what the highlighted icons are...perhaps it's because I'm not on PC, but the shape kind of struck me as having a sentient like figure to it, or at least comparatively to what little we have seen from the Sentients.

If the idea is correct, it seems like a good introduction to this new faction type that DE said in the broadcast will "creep into the system"

Please correct me if I'm missing something...

UPDATE: Upon further inspection of the video, it IS an event, called "Supply and Demand"...Although, for a 3 day and some hours event it is preceded with the word BOUNTY, making it "Bounty: Supply and Demand"  Interesting still, even if it's without Sentients.  Also Notable, it does say Placeholder.

a8qMzjB.png

Ei6H6Zf.png

UPDATE 2:  Tried to capture images of the icon itself on the nav, and also the name of the event...the icon is the harder to see of the two, but it's close enough in my opinion to say that it IS the event listed on the nav.  Sorry gang.

Edited by (PS4)chaos-SD

Eh Same placing as a Tatical Alert or Event icon and I do recall them saying some type of event soon after the lauched of U18.So maybe a Event involving Sentients?

A fair point, but then the question would be what that instance would pertain to.  After your comment I went back to the vid, there isn't an event on Rebecca's nav console as she approaches it, but it still could be the case that it's simply an event...I'm all for more stuff to do though

I've been thinking about the Sentients as being a faction that doesn't have it own place but rather pops up in invasion-like scenarios, but we'll have to see.

Pretty sure that's how it will work. While I'm sure the current factions will remain largely in place and it may just be level ranges the change or what ever they're planning, I've always had the impression the Sentient missions nodes would roam around like the Syndicate missions do and apparently how the Void is going to start working.

A fair point, but then the question would be what that instance would pertain to.  After your comment I went back to the vid, there isn't an event on Rebecca's nav console as she approaches it, but it still could be the case that it's simply an event...I'm all for more stuff to do though

That's unlikely to be the event. The event would have indeed shown on the console (Then again, it's a test build so maybe it's been edited not to show). More than likely, we will be introduced to the Sentient content through a new set of wandering daily missions like what we have for the Syndicates that isn't going to show up on the main console.

I have a sneaking suspicion they might be trying to prep us for Star Chart 3.0 some how by adding even more randomly moving content than we have now so we get used to looking for content we want to do rather than just defaulting to the void or hunting keys.

Edited by Ceryk

Ahhh, correction, I slowed the video further, it is an event, called "Supply and Demand"

Pretty sure that's how it will work. While I'm sure the current factions will remain largely in place and it may just be level ranges the change or what ever they're planning, I've always had the impression the Sentient missions nodes would roam around like the Syndicate missions do and apparently how the Void is going to start working.

Is that how the Void's going to work? I interpreted it more as there will be MULTIPLE entrances to the Void through the system - each more powerful than the last. i.e. There'll be one in the Earth-Mars cluster, on by Ceres, and others further out to the Pluto-Eris-Sedna range.

Is that how the Void's going to work? I interpreted it more as there will be MULTIPLE entrances to the Void through the system - each more powerful than the last. i.e. There'll be one in the Earth-Mars cluster, on by Ceres, and others further out to the Pluto-Eris-Sedna range.

The last thing I heard about it was Steve mentioning Void Pockets randomly opening up on the Star Chart and that's how we'd access the Void. But he's changed his mind so many times about how to do the rework that how knows what information is still valid anymore. However, that was from a few dev streams ago, so it's fairly recent.

Edited by Ceryk

I don't think its the void since in the image the void still has an option in the navigation.

The last thing I heard about it was Steve mentioning Void Pockets randomly opening up on the Star Chart and that's how we'd access the Void. But he's changed his mind so many times about how to do the rework that how knows what information is still valid anymore. However, that was from a few dev streams ago, so it's fairly recent.

Aye, that's what I figured we'd be getting based on that description.

I don't think its the void since in the image the void still has an option in the navigation.

probably not coming U18, like Kavats and the star chart rework it keeps getting pushed back - probs is meant to be shipped WITH starchart rework.

Steve mentioned Sentients will be "creeping" around the Solar System. I take this as "Sentient attacks will happen, but both the attacks themselves and the Sentient's AI are in beta stages". I have a feeling if Sentient attacks do in fact ship with U18, they are going to be in a flux until they're 100% ready to be implemented.

Besides that, I would just like to say that if it's an event, I sincerely doubt it is soon after U18. It's very clear that DE's focus is the quest and they want their players to primarily put their interest in the quest as well, so I doubt they would make anything like an event right after U18 to distract us from the thing most sacred to them. 

This is just my opinion of course, but I will say it again: it seems they want us to focus on the quest; an event would disrupt that focus.

Edited by LazerSkink