Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Light Saber

Skraatek

A strange idea, and still may be. Evrybody know about the premiere of the 7th episode of Star Wars: The Force Awekens. Maybe on day of the premiere (17th-18th December) start a Tactical Alert, where we can get a unique skin for any melee weapon (sword, nikana, heavy sword, dual swords) wich will be similar to Light Saber. I hope there is a place for Sith Volt with a violet Light Saber. What do you think about this? 

P.s.  i'm sorry for my bad eng and if it's wrong forum section

Disney can't really lay claim to the concept, just the name "Lightsaber"

Conceptual origins:

"Light/energy/plasma blades" show up in video games all the time.

Zeros' Beamsaber (Mega Man X)

Beam Sword (Super Smash Bros)

Energy Sword (Halo)

Beam Katanas (No More Heros)

Edited by windywisp

Ugh but why, I get its from another franchise. But why... It's still gonna be smack the enemy x amount of times, it's not gonna just cut through him. Also why spend time implementing another sword, when they could make each melee category have its own unique feel first, or even just making stances better, I'd prefer this to some gimmick sword...

P.S I'd like to add to the fact, that's there's been no weapon, (that I'm aware of) that's been brought in from another franchise OTHER THAN Dark sector which was a game done By DE themselves

Edited by Nemesis-Infinity

"energy blade" itself isnt copyrighted its a commonly referenced weapon in many scifi content 

just buff plasma sword and give it a visual update

plasma sword ideally would be superheated plasma contained and shaped in a magnetic field pretty deadly weapon

Disney can't really lay claim to the concept, just the name "Lightsaber"

Conceptual origins:

"Light/energy/plasma blades" show up in video games all the time.

Zeros' Beamsaber (Mega Man X)

Beam Sword (Super Smash Bros)

Energy Sword (Halo)

Beam Katanas (No More Heros)

lol you missed the most important one:

Gundam's beam saber. literally a massive light saber

mobile suit gundam came out 2 years after star wars and the only difference is the size and one word in the name, with that beam saber became something pretty long lived in the 36 years gundam has been around.

lol you missed the most important one:

Gundam's beam saber. literally a massive light saber

mobile suit gundam came out 2 years after star wars and the only difference is the size and one word in the name, with that beam saber became something pretty long lived in the 36 years gundam has been around.

I was originally going to mention Gundam, but i decided to stick to video games for my examples.