The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Friend And I Have 1,000 Hours Combined And Still Don't Know What To Do To Enjoy The Game.

Yz-Prime

Question

We really love the gameplay behind Warframe - all the gunplay, different frames and abilities and such, but we're at the point where we don't know what we're even meant to do apart from grinding the void for the 2millionth time searching for a different Prime piece. Are we just missing out on something, or are we really just linearly searching for new Warframes as they come out, new Prime pieces on the void and trying to max our mastery? Please tell me there's more.

Thanks doc, but I've been mia for 4 months as is.

That's why it's severe.

If you're this apprehensive of the game I think it's time to give up and look for greener pastures.

Overwatch is coming and seems to have a nice enough gameplay loop for a shooter and if you want to prep for it TF2 is very similar to it. Both are PVP however although TF2 has a PVE component.

Edited by Ziegrif

That's why it's severe.

If you're this apprehensive of the game I think it's time to give up and look for greener pastures.

Overwatch is coming and seems to have a nice enough gameplay loop for a shooter and if you want to prep for it TF2 is very similar to it. Both are PVP however although TF2 has a PVE component.

Sadly Overwatch won't be here for at least another 4 months. Release is scheduled for Spring 2016

It's worth sticking around to see how the sortie missions turn out, been gone since U15.5 with a loose eye on updates, this is the first one that made me consider playing again.

it might be a short term solution to giving us challenging content, if they really put some heavy restrictions in them.

Im in the same position as you right now, i have almost everything maxed out except archwing gear...lol.

I enjoy survival missions and just run them without caring about the rewards but just play with non meta frames, like since we on console the dont have the saryn rework yet, I modded her for duration anyway, group up a tons of enemies and infect them with spore and watch all the cute little spore spreading is so satisfying!

Just try out different frames and builds.

Or just play other games which is the best solution imo.

Dear friend there are many things you still can do.

1)Max out sindycates, and get every emblem or item.

2) Try out niche weapons or those more funny (but weaker) and try to make them good for high challenges.

3) You can do Raids, at the moment we have 3 different kinds: Trial normal, Trial Nightmare and the Jordas (archwing) one. They are quite funny.

4) As other players have suggested you can try some hard challenge as using restriction on your arsenal or actions and do hard difficulty mission for long periods and try to endure the max you can.

5)You can use scans to complete the codex (and this will take a lot of time ) :

there are : enemies, oddities, items and much more.

6) If you have not, you can try to set on every frame and every weapon (or those you prefer) blu and yellow potatoes and tomato, and formas to achieve the best potential of your frame/weapon.

7) Archwing, someone like it, someone dislike it, according to my point of view they are quite funny.

8) PVP, same of Archwing, I really enjoy this mode even if sometimes those lag issue and frequent host migration are a bit descouraging. 

9) You can become a merchant ! The trade section of the game is also quite funny and when you will go over your first 1000 pl you will feel so well that you'll never leave the game ;)  (Cause you are so rich that can obtain anything you want , and that feeling is so good...)

PS.  10) There are also Zephyr and Wyrm Minigames !

Edited by LordCloud00

We really love the gameplay behind Warframe - all the gunplay, different frames and abilities and such, but we're at the point where we don't know what we're even meant to do apart from grinding the void for the 2millionth time searching for a different Prime piece. Are we just missing out on something, or are we really just linearly searching for new Warframes as they come out, new Prime pieces on the void and trying to max our mastery? Please tell me there's more.

forma the worst things you can think off or role play like power ranger excalibur and say "super ranger mode" when channeling and have "ultimate ranger mode" when using exalted blade... pretty much imagination in your gameplay keeps you from boring yourself out or just play another game for awhile, you might've been burned out.

You can also put on some badass music while on a mission and put yourself in tight situations then kill everything within the drop of the music..... it helps, trust me....... 

Edited by DzeraDragonbane

forma the worst things you can think off or role play like power ranger excalibur and say "super ranger mode" when channeling and have "ultimate ranger mode" when using exalted blade... pretty much imagination in your gameplay keeps you from boring yourself out or just play another game for awhile, you might've been burned out.

You can also put on some badass music while on a mission and put yourself in tight situations then kill everything within the drop of the music..... it helps, trust me....... 

Ooooh yeah i love the smell of guts and severed heads in the morning while lissening Arch enemy.

Edited by Scytze

This game is all about grinding to get gear to grind more efficiently with. Maybe it'll change with the new update....hopefully. This is the games biggest flaw to me. You shouldn't have to come up with ways to make the game fun. You should have fun playing it. But ya..grind.

I personally like to hunt for new players to help on their quests or unlock a node. 

Recently, my friends and I have been going into void exterminate missions and leaving all the bombards alive. Lure them into a single enclosed room and try to kill each other indirectly.

Your case sounds like severe burnout though. I've learned not to grind when it gets tedious and to sometimes take some missions slowly, have you found that face in Uranus sabotage? Take a break, warframe will always be here waiting if you ever want to return.

One of the things my friends and I do when we're bored, is take EVERYTHING but Utility mods off of our frames/weapons and try to do missions slowly, stealthily, and tactically, and try to keep the parkour to a minimum (we slap on a +dmg mod whenever we hit neptune/uranus because at that point damage is just non existent)

WF is literally the essence of grind, u grind now so u can grind slightly less later. The difference tho between this game and other game grinds is the mechanics behind them. If your looking for something to do, look up the strongest possible build on a weapon, then grind out every mod for it, if it needs something rare that doesn't drop normally, sell junk primes for 1p each and buy it, when you need cores your not allowed to go to triton, the point is to start entirely from scratch, to build up your weapon from nothing without lazy mode tactics, this is one of the ways I stave off boredom.

Also the reason I have 19 rank 10 serrations lol

Edited by PainXGain

Wait for U18. 1000 between two players isn't much in the grand scheme of things. Try new weapons, new frames, get different cosmetics, level up companions and look forward to Update 18. Sorties will offer veteran players some legitimate end-game content and the Second Dream story line is shaping up to be really interesting if lore appeals to you. 

Warframe is about farming and accessorizing mostly. If collecting and accessorizing frames isn't your cup of tea, no amount of content will change your opinion. 

If you and you're friend both have 500 hours each, you're just beginning and more likely than not, you're not mastery rank 20...If, at 500 hours, you think you've done it all, you're wrong...500 hours in....you're very much still a noob to the game..

I have 3300 hours in game, mastery rank 20 1/4 (you read that right)...and there is still plenty to do...

So don't think that 500 hours is ground breaking and you've mastered everything. At 500 hours, your just breaking the ice and starting. If you bored and "can't find nothing to do", then you probably don't wanna really play Warframe...

Edited by (XB1)T0PP HATT

When i get bored. there is always one solution.

Challenge yourself! (dont grind/ farm or lvl)

Here some that i do sometimes.

- Solo Spy missions with non stealth frames

- Solo Nightmare missions! Lots of fun and really hard sometimes.

- Use weapons with weird mechanics and try too find a good use for that mechanic. Use the ineffecient abbilities you normally dont use that often. Like Smite(oberon), Teleport ?(Ash) etc

- Use Bows and learn how too use them midair.

- try a different playstyle.

- Host T4S only melee with no abbilities. (hard and fun)

- Use a fist build for atlas. and teleport all over the place. (combine with bulletjumps for epic effect )

Edited by Your_Real_Father

Be excited about one thing, either a frame, a weapon, or kubrows.

I had been there myself and went on hiatus for months. And guess what? new updates bring me back to the game again and again. Things such as the deluxe skin really change the game, well for me at least and it brings new excitement in playing your new favourite frames. Of course the incoming rework is also one thing that makes me excited.