Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Error Another Copy Of Warframe Is Already Running

OcelotVampire

Shortly after update 17.11 when I hit the big red play button in the launcher I get and error message that says "Another copy of Warframe is already running!". I only clicked it once in steam, so I know I'm not opening the launcher twice. This doesn't always happen, just most of the time. Is there anyway you guys can fix this tiny issue? Or has my launcher been hijacked or something?

Looking forward to U18 and thanks for reading.

It happend to me too.

steps :

#1 start the warframe launcher

#2 clic the "play" button

#3 "Another copy of Warframe is already running!" pops up

#4 press ok on the popup

#5 the game starts just fine

Edited by vazerd68

• 3 months later...

I'm using Steam as well and encountered this error since last patch as well.

I was able to fix it using the "Optimize" option in the launcher in <Settings>.

!Warning! If you use Optimize it will take a rather long time for those with low speed internet, so you might want to do it if you are busy with something else in the meantime and let it run in the background. It took me nearly 20-30 min until it was done.

Downloaded the new Cache and things are ok now.

Hope this is helps for others as well!

Edit: Nevermind, it didn't work, after i restarted my OS the Error message came back -.-

Edited by khoval

Same issue for me except it also starts recording from my microphone when I click the launch button within Steam. It should not be doing that. Here's a screenshot of the warnings I get every time I launch warframe. I'd like to add that this happens even after a restart of my pc, meaning there isn't another copy of warframe running.

YrBKRhP.jpg

I watched the processes in Task Manager as I opened Warframe, and there is an instance of the Evolution Engine starting right when the launcher finishes checking for updates. The quirky part is that it closed itself mere seconds later, thus resolving the issue. Anyone who gets the popup notice about an instance already running probably hit the play button as soon as it showed up, while anyone who didn't get it just let the launcher sit for... eh, 5 seconds or more before hitting play.

On 3/15/2016 at 6:33 PM, PurpleBomber said:

I watched the processes in Task Manager as I opened Warframe, and there is an instance of the Evolution Engine starting right when the launcher finishes checking for updates. The quirky part is that it closed itself mere seconds later, thus resolving the issue. Anyone who gets the popup notice about an instance already running probably hit the play button as soon as it showed up, while anyone who didn't get it just let the launcher sit for... eh, 5 seconds or more before hitting play.

That's not the case. I thought the same thing so I let it sit. The error box still pops up. Once you close the box it doesn't seem to come back, but I just don't like how suspicious this is acting. Maybe we can get some official word on this? It has no error codes or crash reports to submit so it might be harder to reproduce than I think if it's not already doing it on your machine, so idk.

I have the same issue. Let's call the devs to answer us what is it, what causes it? It looks like lots of people are having this problem, and while it is small, it is very annoying. The only thing we can be sure of, it is Steam-related issue.

Well...i`m try here some starand methods - reinstall steam versionl, steam checking cashe; checking files (include launcher), optimisation (include launcher), manipulating with performance in video driver, chosing to run as admin and compatibility. After all i`m still have this problem - "Another copy of Warframe is alredy running". So i think - don`t waisting your time doing this too and wait DE answers. 

I also have same problem, and  would be only a small annoyance except for when practice testing for mastery my game stopped and went into the game sign in screen. Only good thing was I was only practicing and not actually taking the test.