Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helmetless Warframes (Aka. Helmet Alternates)

Kasamoto

Not everyone knows japanese. Would have been wise to clarify beforehand. Oh, well.

Its a common term in some places on the Internet, the OP merely assumed that most people knew what that meant. A bad assumption to make, sure, but at least now you (and others) know.

RE: Mission Extraction:

Perhaps, but there's always that chance you'll step into an extraction pod with zero shields and 1 health and die instantly, though the game doesn't show that. lol.

Or sometimes you'll step into a pod and there's 20 mobs in the room making swiss cheese out of you and blood flying everywhere as the ship pulls away. Always found that funny. And they don't get sucked out of the giant hole in the wall.

Also....

If the ship that takes you away is the same ship that brings you, that makes me think that the ship is a foreign object. How did it manage to latch itself onto the wall so nice and neatly like the wall was made for that purpose? I could see maybe some ships having a universal docking bay, but now we have the Orokin Towers having them too, the new Grineer Galleons have them, the Corpus Ships have them, and so do the Grineer Asteroids...

More helmets/customization yes. Helmetless is awkward for both combat and the space setting. As a side note that artwork is way too anime/manga-esque, keep the weeaboo out.

The "Anime" style might be because judging from the guy's name that has that DA page, the guy who did the art himself is Japanese. lol.

I'm sure the OP was just showing that as a rough example as to what a Tenno might look like without the helmet.

Not having a helmet would just break the immersion, the same way when they wanted every warfame to be a character on its own and not a suit.

Perhaps in very early concepts of the game, they wanted Warframes to be Characters, but let's consider afew facts:

1). The game is called WarFRAME -- Frames you wear for War. That's what a Warframe IS. It's a Battle Suit.

2). The Warframe XP is called "Suit XP".

3). You can change your Warframe and build new Warframes; they consist of a chassis, helmet, and systems.

4). You have a shared inventory for your entire account, and you have a name for yourself and an overall Mastery Rank which implies the same Tenno is using all of these Warframes.

5). You can have a Rank30 Weapon on a brand new Unranked Warframe. Indeed, the Tenno who puts on a new suit would still remember how to use weapons they've already practiced with.

Therefore, the Warframes cannot be separate characters. Perhaps in early concepts of the game, they wanted each Warframe to be its own character, but then they changed the game's model since then, because this way makes more sense?

Edited by Xylia

Can't really be "fused" into the suits; we're able to change suits (even change GENDER doing so, or at least grow thinner and grow a pair of breasts and/or lose them and get broad flat chests) at will.

EDIT: Is it just me or does Ember very vaguely resemble River Tam?

Different characters. Ryu doesn't turn into Ken. You pick a different character. 

I like the illustrations, would love to have helmetless options... say less armor, more accuracy (from not having vision obscured by helmets) or something like that? In movies and such, the badasses always go without hats or helmets :p

The question tho, is that how a tenno looks? Like a human? If not, we might not wanna see what's beneath the armor ^^

Therefore, the Warframes cannot be separate characters. Perhaps in early concepts of the game, they wanted each Warframe to be its own character, but then they changed the game's model since then, because this way makes more sense?

You are Mastery Rank X, Excalibur is Excalibur.

Perhaps in very early concepts of the game, they wanted Warframes to be Characters, but let's consider afew facts:

1). The game is called WarFRAME -- Frames you wear for War. That's what a Warframe IS. It's a Battle Suit.

2). The Warframe XP is called "Suit XP".

3). You can change your Warframe and build new Warframes; they consist of a chassis, helmet, and systems.

4). You have a shared inventory for your entire account, and you have a name for yourself and an overall Mastery Rank which implies the same Tenno is using all of these Warframes.

5). You can have a Rank30 Weapon on a brand new Unranked Warframe. Indeed, the Tenno who puts on a new suit would still remember how to use weapons they've already practiced with.

How do you explain then that I can go with male and female warframes ? Does my tenno changes gender every time ?

Warframes are more like robot remotely controled.

Thank god there are no loki pics!!

Those male warframes looks like a bunch of #$$s. I have nothing against those, but I dislike the idea of playing one. Its not a korean mmo for god sake!

Edited by Unibot

As a side note that artwork is way too anime/manga-esque, keep the weeaboo out.

Is it anime? Since I am looking for the most appropriate images to support the idea, I would be willing to replace the images in the first post in case you  know where to find images of "non manga/esque" helmetless Warframes. Since you seem to have a firm grasp on the things that should be here on the forum, would you care to provide pictures? :D

True enough we know very little how Warframes work yet and, as Xylia stated, the paradox on how they sustain in space. One thing is for sure that it's not the shielding that protects the Warframe, as it already loses 50% with little ice near it.

It is weird how, in fact having no air drains the shields in the first place.

Health reduction would be in order - But most can make do with shields alone. Though sounding funny, wearing no helmet in combat would be a statement at how good you are.

Thank god there are no loki pics!!

Those male warframes looks like a bunch of #$$s. I have nothing against those, but I dislike the idea of playing one. Its not a korean mmo for god sake!

Once again; 0_ò?

I don't remember stating those images to be a deadbeat demand at DE to turn Warframe into an Korean MMO or manga.

Edited by Kasamoto

More helmets/customization yes. Helmetless is awkward for both combat and the space setting. As a side note that artwork is way too anime/manga-esque, keep the weeaboo out.

The first three are quite reminiscent of official art style. https://warframe.com/media/concept-art/female-grineer'>See? Frankly, your post seems hateful, discriminating and perhaps a bit xenophobic.

Wow! those pictures are so good! Particularily Ember, Nyx and Frost

I'd definetly like that, i really would, the above comment is also true. But i don't think that DE should allow helmetless frames for various reasons.

Some players may like not to be able to see the face of the character they play (like imagining that it's them inside the suit) although i'm not one of those, just saying that there are people like that.

It's MUCH harder to make a good face than to make a good helmet as-well. people are very picky about faces you know! And i prefer helmets over failed attempts to make a good looking face (Like the Grineer)

In a multiplayer game like this where people love customization and personalization, People wouldn't easily accept that they can't customize the face, which would mean that sooner or later DE would have to give us a face editor which is very much harder to do than their still incomplete color picker.

And so on, it's just not something they should focus on, its way too much extra work.

Edited by Rabcor

There is actually an artist called masateru  on deviant art who's interpretation I find particularly intriguing!

The depicition said artist has of ember for example has the mask peeling back and breaking apart in segments to reveal her face akin to a symbiote suit from marvel. Is that practical? Well probably not, but neither are the doors on a Dolarian but they are still beyond cool!

Furthermore, her face is crackled. her eyes are blazing, showing that on some level she is one with the suit. It's powers pulsate through her, are apart of her, have altered her, ect.

The artists interpretation of Sayrn is another fine example, beneath the suit she looks healthy and curvacious in shape, but at the same time pale and sickly looking in skin tone, showing that her suit has altered her too. This displays that she is a walking plague, and though her skin has been altered she continues to thrive.

Edited by Rudette

It defies the purpose of the thread not naming the various reasons, why DE shouldn't :D

Calm down, i stated my reasons, i just took a bit to write them is all. I was just feeling a bit lazy about finding out what reasons i should point out, it's a complicated matter.

First, very nice artwork. Enjoyed looking at them all.

I personally like the idea of helmets, but what I would like to see are some that expressed facial aspects such as an area where eyes would typically be.

Could you design some helmets with shaded area for eyes, mouth, etc., that look really sweet?

Calm down, i stated my reasons, i just took a bit to write them is all. I was just feeling a bit lazy about finding out what reasons i should point out, it's a complicated matter.

After venting my inexplicit anger against the world and especially you that has seen past my smiley, I have returned back to my partly civilized english language, donned a monocle and am drinking tea in a casual manner eagerly but calmly awaiting your profound answer.

Thanks Rudette, for the awesome find btw. I added it to the main page.

First, very nice artwork. Enjoyed looking at them all.

I personally like the idea of helmets, but what I would like to see are some that expressed facial aspects such as an area where eyes would typically be.

Could you design some helmets with shaded area for eyes, mouth, etc., that look really sweet?

He's not the one who made the pictures. Read the caption.

First, very nice artwork. Enjoyed looking at them all. [...]

Uhh... Wait, those artworks are not mine and I have named the artists in their proper manner.

I am very sorry to inform you, that stickfigures are my best and they turn out quite nice ... Well, most of the time.

Edited by Kasamoto