The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U18 = Chat Not Connecting?

wolfyboy

Question

hello, ive tried playing last nighht and again this morning, but when i log on and try to use chat, it just keeps showing the loading swirly symbol and wont show anything else in chat, ive done some reading and this is caused by a few things it seems.

ive checked my firewall, doesnt seem to be the issue, ive turned it off, given permissons, open ports.(plus it has worked previously on this pc, and i havent changed anything other then warframe updating its self)

after extensive looking on the webs ive seem a few people post the same issue, which they thought it was connected to a update being released, so if this is the issue id like to know so i can stop thinking its on my side and just wait for a fix.

also if it is on my side, one thing to note is i have moved to a different camp and using their internet now, i dont think its the issue since everything else works fine.

please let me know if something is up, or if youve had this problem before and know how to fix it.

thanks.

12 answers to this question

Thanks for the quick reply, I have tried the analyze network, didn't do anything, the" make sure you 4950 & 4955 port is open" dialog would come up, but I haven't changed anything on my side.

Any idea on how to solve this?

You mentioned moving to "a different camp", do you still use the same connection as before? Ports are connected to your router not your pc.

Port forwarding differs depending on router type, check it in Google for your own router.

You mentioned moving to "a different camp", do you still use the same connection as before? Ports are connected to your router not your pc.

Port forwarding differs depending on router type, check it in Google for your own router.

Ok if it is the camps new network, how would I go about fixing it exactly, you mentioned checking google for the router, I don't know what kind of router the camp uses.

Is there a way to make the camps router open the port needed from my pc?

Edited by wolfyboy

Ok if it is the camps new network, how would I go about fixing it exactly, you mentioned checking google for the router, I don't know what kind of router the camp uses.

Is there a way to make the camps router open the port needed from my pc?

You don't have direct access to the router, do you? If it's a public router for a lot of people than you might need to contact someone in authority.

To check that open your command window and write ipconfig /all. Check what it says in default gateway and copy this number in your browser address bar.

If it refuses to load than ask someone if UPnP is turned on. UPnP is just automatic port forwarding, mostly turned on by default.

If it does load, which I kinda doubt it will, than it should tell you what model it is and so you'll be able of checking how to forward ports on it, or maybe you'll even be able to turn on UPnP on it.

You don't have direct access to the router, do you? If it's a public router for a lot of people than you might need to contact someone in authority.

To check that open your command window and write ipconfig /all. Check what it says in default gateway and copy this number in your browser address bar.

If it refuses to load than ask someone if UPnP is turned on. UPnP is just automatic port forwarding, mostly turned on by default.

If it does load, which I kinda doubt it will, than it should tell you what model it is and so you'll be able of checking how to forward ports on it, or maybe you'll even be able to turn on UPnP on it.

Dang ya I tried that, wouldn't load... Guess I'll have to try contacting the camp support, I hope they can help and won't say they aren't allowed..

Ok thank you for you're help.