Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept; Feltan

WolvenEdge

Name; Feltan (still up for review)

Combination of Felan (Celtic; little wolf) and Filtiarn (Celtic; lord of wolves)

Concept;

Every animalistic frame in WarFrame so far has been female. Don't even try to point at Chroma, he's a Dragoon, not a dragon, and his entire theme says 'I'm a dragonslayer!' I'd like to even the score, so to speak, and as so far as the cliche runs, while the female animalistic frames have been feline, I'll propose a canine for a male counterpart, and what better than a wolf? (ok, so I'm a little biased, I like wolves.) Wolves hunt alone or in packs, so his abilities will be powerful on their own... but will also be capable of benefiting a group as well.

To further the concept, most WarFrames have a mild specialty in a role, method of play, or weapon, so I'll be putting a mild emphasis on throwing weapons and precision target elimination, assassin/hunter combo, if you will. His primary role in a squad will be clearing lines of fire and putting enemies in vulnerable positions, while aiding the team both defensively and offensively.

All of his abilities are potent if used right, and not all that useful if used poorly. I would not recommend this for new players, and would suggest that he be limited to mastery rank 5 and higher.

As his name's roots go with, I thought I'd put some mild emphasis on the Celtic cultures as well, who had several throwing weapons as part of their culture, including knives, axes, spears, and a few weapons that resembled WarFrame's very own glaive if I remember correctly.

If and when I get some art up of this (might take a while, I kind of stink at computer-based art) it will go straight into the main post... unless someone comes up with art in the further posts that I like.

Ability concepts;

First ability; Moon's Fang

Feltan throws a spear-like projectile that pins enemies to walls, whether it kills them or not. (limited by range) The resulting short poles stuck to the walls, ceilings, and floors can be used for platforming (jump on them the same way you jump on the ziplines).

This ability can be used to clear lines of fire for moments of reprieve, to make easier paths to objectives, or to pin/herd enemies into areas and groups that are easier to take out.

This is a low-damage, high-utility ability!

Damage; 35/70/105, piercing

Range; 30/70/120... meters? I don't know how distance is measured in-game... help?

Duration; 15/30/45 seconds

Cost; 35 energy (standard for first ability)

Effected by ability power (damage), duration (amount of time the projectile remains as both a platform and a pin for the enemies it collected on the way), and range (how far it can go before arcing down sharply) mods.

First/second ability; Hunt's Mark

Feltan catches the scent of the target, tagging it so that it and its viewcone (and any caught in that viewcone, hostile or no) are highlighted and visible to all.

This ability effectively turns an enemy into a spy for you. What he sees, you know about. This will allow you and your team greater stealth gameplay, and can allow Feltan to easily find and mark priority targets.

Range; in sight.

Duration; 20/30/40 seconds.

Cost; 20 energy (cheap)

Effected by ability duration only.

Second/third ability; Shift Field

Feltan digs his claws into the ground and forms a shield ahead of himself, redirecting all ranged attacks that strike the shield to where he's currently aiming.

This is a channeled ability that turns all of your enemies' ranged attacks into a direct-able force, if you have a crowd of enemies shooting at you, you can direct all of their damage they try to throw at you into a target of your choice. You can redirect your allies' fire as well, allowing the team to shoot around corners if the Feltan player is stealthy and his team is less so, allowing some stealth gameplay even with non-stealth equipment. This could also be used by a team as a focusing lens, turning scattered fire into an intense line of damage from the entire team... imagine if the team all had Gammacors, and all of them aimed at this ability, allowing the Feltan player to direct the whole team's damage into a single priority target?

This ability closely mimics the shield in the original Dark Sector, but it's smaller and comes with a downside.

ONLY redirects fire from ahead of or beside you, your back is still open, and while the ability is in use, you are reduced to a walking pace. You're sacrificing movement speed, but are still a mobile shield for your team... and can dish some damage back as a bonus.

Damage; 80%/100%/120% of incoming fire

Range; enough for just you/enough to cover someone behind you shooting around you/enough to have your team beside you

Cost; channeled, 25 to start, 3/sec after

Effected by ability power (increases the % damage returned... yes, you can dish back more than they sent at you) and range (increases the size of the shift field, allowing you to catch more fire and shield more teammates).

Second/third ability; Clarity

Feltan howls, and the world around the Tenno gains a sharp focus, senses keen for the hunt.

Enemies in range are slowed and highlighted for visibility, and all criticals and headshots on marked targets receive bonus damage.

A skill-based damage boost that will be especially good for advanced players and snipers, or for any weapon that has a good critical rating. As opposed to Volt's Speed, Clarity instead slows down enemies in the area, enabling more precision, and rewarding that precision... though admittedly the result can be similar.

Damage; +30%/+60%/+90% critical and headshot damage multiplier

Range; 20/40/50 ... meters?

Duration; 10/20/30 seconds

Cost; 50

Effected by ability power (increase damage multiplier) range (larger 'focus zone'), and duration (longer lasting clarity).

Final ability; Night's Run

Feltan hurls forth the Moon's Fangs, and hurtles between them, leaving those in his wake broken and bleeding.

This is a concept that I originally had back when Excalibur was up for a his rework, those of you who are familiar with my posts on the matter will already know this ability's concept.

Feltan will have a limited number of throwing blades to launch out, as per his first ability. He will be unable to use other weapons during this time. After he's launched all the blades, if he aims at one of them it will highlight, and pressing the attack button while a blade is highlighted will send him rocketing between them in the order he placed them down... but he can do a channeling attack to a highlighted blade at any time to cancel the remaining blades and skip to the second phase. If you threw down four blades, and started the process from the second one you placed, it would go in the order of 2->3->4->1. If you hit terrain, you teleport to the next blade and continue... no slashing your way through walls, sorry! (this could also enable it to be used as a form of teleport... but VERY inefficient) Any enemies in your way will take damage, and have a 50/50 chance of either being knocked down or procced bleed.

Essentially a directed version of the old slash-dash (recycled code, yay!) that has you dashing between a set of markers you place down. You can use it for mobility, can focus them all around priority targets to land multiple hits on a few victims, or spread them around and deal moderate damage to a larger group of enemies.

Damage; 250/400/550 slashing (yes, it seems low... but remember, you will likely end up striking more than once with this ability, and will often deal bleed proc! If you use it well, you WILL get a lot more out of it)

Range; see Moon's Fang

Durability; 3/5/7 blades to throw

Cost; 100

Effected by ability power (damage boost), range (see Moon's Fang), and durability (increase the number of blades at your disposal).

Passive; Blade-Thrower

Throwing knives and shuriken deal 15% more damage and are drastically more accurate in Feltan's hands, becoming deadly accurate. Throwing melee weapons deal 15% more damage and fly 15% faster/further.

I would very much like to see this concept in-game, so please, if you have any comments, suggestions, and/or constructive criticism, I would be glad to hear it so I can fine-tune the concept and increase the possibility of it finding its way into the game.

Thank you. ^w^

Edited by WolvenEdge

personally I can see this happening... its a good mixture of stealth and  raised middle finger damage when used right.... the damage it deals is high but largely indirect  allowing you to work in as much utility as power.... though I gotta say...  the name... gotta go bro .... other then that I can already picture this thing stalking missions as the last thing most enemies see... bonus points for using the new zipline consept as a power ability turning the new parkour effectively into a new way of platforming.. I like it

Did some looking at the newest WarFrame, and.. well, it looks like Feltan (name is still up for revision) would provide a good counter for her. She seems focused on ranged attacks and close-ranged pickpocketing, with increased utility from her first ability.

Feltan is focused on medium-range battlefield control and teamwork, a different kind of hunter.

That said, if anyone has any suggestions on how to make the themes overlap a bit less, I would be very appreciative.

As always, any fine-tuning or ideas are welcome, I want to fine-tune/get him working.