The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Quest: The Second Dream [U18 Megathread/spoilers]

[DE]Danielle

Said it in some other threads but have to say it here.

Thank you DE, everyone involved.  Its always been a great game I've thoroughly enjoyed, and never regretted putting time and money into it, but this takes it over the top.  The work done here, in the Second Dream quest itself, was absolutely wonderful.  From the storytelling, to the art direction and overall direction, its absolutely beautiful and really worth tears on all sorts of levels.

Someone else said it in another thread, and I definitely agree: this mountain of excellent and beautiful work (so full of heart omg tears) has definitely been worth the wait...the wait since closed beta and founding to see what this game would become.  It has a long way to go still, but I'm not sure if I've seen any game grow so much in breadth and scope and I've been playing games since commodore 64 stuff.

I really need warframe plushies to cry into when I go to sleep rofl

But ah, this is going to make my warframe cosplay suit so much better.

Cheers for making my favorite shooter game ever, really.  Thank you and well done.

I believe it was...Ember Prime's CODEX actually tells the story of the children being found and their fate being decided.. and the rest of the story is revealed out through various other entries...   the Update was amazing, and the new features are freaking great-- but the entire thing with the kids and such was already revealed and explained in the CODEX long ago, is what I was saying. Its not like the children coming back from the Void was new material, is what I mean. But, still.. u18 is amazing. 

I believe it was...Ember Prime's CODEX actually tells the story of the children being found and their fate being decided.. and the rest of the story is revealed out through various other entries... the Update was amazing, and the new features are freaking great-- but the entire thing with the kids and such was already revealed and explained in the CODEX long ago, is what I was saying. Its not like the children coming back from the Void was new material, is what I mean. But, still.. u18 is amazing.

IDK people were surprised when I said that before.

And that was on a thread built with people knowledgeable on lore.

well, since this is the megaspoilers thread, i just finished the quest and i have to say

it feels weird having this random guy in my ship, and i REALLY want to throw him out the airlock

i get that he's supposed to be "me" but still, it feels wierd

i am torn about this quest. i thought the quest itself was well done, but much like Mass Effect 3 the ending ruined it. I did not care to count how long i was stunlocked because the stalkers strikes were endless and my mind bolts were not

-On that note, i am also somewhat disappointing with our status as operator. my headcanon was already similar, but i did not expect us to be so hale, nor so... incredibly annoying and naive sounding. Please tell me there will be an option to mute the operator, minor lore tidbits aside, i feel it breaks immersion having the game tell you what your character thinks

-on the topic of the sentient, they need some major changes. i understand they are supposed to be high tier enemies, but the fact that i cannot bring weapons with even remotely similar damage makes these missions aggravating to say the least. I like to theme my equipment and this forces me into a hodgepodge of gear.

-very much glad to see Alad V back he is my waifu

-I am immensely pleased with the sorties, Bravo

-Focus is weird, don't think ill be using it often but that's no reason to stop other people from using it.

-i will probably make an in depth thread about why i take umbrage with the particular way the operator was done.

-if anyone would direct me to the thread where the dread M0reco lurks i would appreciate it

Edited by BaneOfOrion

If you got to the last part of the quest/finished, open spoiler for lol's.

I was trapped on the last part of the quest and was getting very frustrated. In my desperation, I opened up my gear menu, and accidentally tapped one of the emotes. What followed was very amusing.

The little dude your carrying is sort of thought of as a gun by the game and is attached to your warframe's right hand. Move your right hand, you move the dude. When your plodding along through the mission, your warframe maintains the same pose. But hit an emote, and the pose changes. Now, you can wave johnny spaceman around like a doll.​

iOfbWP9.jpg

I laughed pretty hard at this and took too many screenshots.

Awesome update! Really like what it had to offer and thought the quest was fantastic. I'm also really looking forward to the further development on the new operator/focus aspects of the game. However those aspects are awesome I feel that DE will take them to a another level of awesome in the future like they do with everything they make.

The story was excellent, as were all the little touches afterwards back on the ship when the new room is unlocked. This has to be the best update DE has done. Truly amazing stuff. The new tile set is awe inspiring, and I can't wait to see where things go from here. Has been one of the few times I just spammed the screen-cap button. 

Yea I doubt if any of DE besides the community mods would ever see this comment but there arent words for how much I loved the story. It was everything I wanted and so much more and you could see the massive effort that went into the gameplay, the animations, the music, the levels, and of course the story. Congrats DE on creating a truly awesome work of art.

I really did not enjoy the first part or the second.  I really enoyed the later parts, except the very last bit.  It took me every ounce of patience I had in me to not scream bloody murder.  It was an exercise in frustration the likes of which I am more comfortable facing in other games wherein the full of the game is unforgiving.

So are the choices (cosmetic and school etc) permanent? 'cos picking stuff without knowing what it does is something I really don't enjoy.

School requires acquiring new focus lenses.

Cosmetics can be changed any time.

Edited by LockedKeye

I'm calling it now...warframes are just just infected creatures cased in a suit controlled by tenno children...for now...U 19 we will see the warframe creatures begin to develop consciousness and able to control themselves.

They aren't creatures.