The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mios Charge Attack Change

MinkoElkra

So I logged in today after downloading the update (and reading the build notes) ready to test some of the new stuff, but first I decided to run a nitain extract alert that was up. During the mission, I found that the mios, which was quickly becoming one of my favorite melee weapons, had it's "charge attack" changed. Now I know that charge attacks were added back in for melee weapons, but I don't really see why it was necessary to make a new one for a weapon that already had one.

Now, the actual problem I have with this: The new charge attack is clunky at best; it lacks the natural fluidity that the previous charge attack had. That one actually felt like you were using a whip while the new one feels more like a pitcher winding up for a throw. In addition (and I haven't fully tested this yet, so take it with a grain of salt), the range feels like it has been shortened considerably; or at the very least it is no longer affected by reach mods. Part of the fun I had with this weapon was being able to hit things at a distance not normally capable by other melee weapons (except perhaps orthos prime, which I think is still shorter, but gets the range on every strike rather than just a charge attack).

Edit: After more extensive testing I've found that the range has not changed (or is only slightly less). The issue that I was having is simply the charge time is longer which allows enemies to walk out of range before it fires off compared to the previous charge attack. This can be somewhat circumvented by moving with the target (their walk speed is about the same as your crouched speed), but this does make you much easier to be discovered if you're trying to be steathy.

Does anyone else feel like this change was unnecessary? or am I just salty?

P.S. note: I didn't have defiled snapdragon before today, so if the "new" charge attacks were originally attached to the stance and have now been added to the "stanceless" mios, I'd appreciate someone informing me of that.

Edited by MinkoElkra

You're not salty! I very much dislike it too. I was under the impressing that all the new charge attacks would be done from quick-melee like the Mios' was. The fact that they're all only-when-equipped is disappointing, and they may as well have not added them. I was excited for them because it would finally mean I could be effective with my melee without having to equip it, which I do not like doing.

I'd rather have the previous charge attack on Mios.

Both the quick attack, and fully equipped charge attacks were really nice. the quick attack one for shredding a heavy that got way too close, and the full equip one for pulling priority targets out of clusterfucks.

Mios's previous charge attack was what made me fall in love with the weapon, and now it's so sluggish I don't even use it anymore.

If I wasn't on mobile, I'd multi quote a few of you. The charge attack was perfect, hell the weapon was perfect before the update, now...Im honestly at a loss, no other melee feels worthwhile after Mios and well Mios doesn't feel worthwhile since now ita more or less a Dnikana/BWar triplet without its old whip charge. I hope they reverse it, id hate to see another great weapon lost to the nerf-void...

I have not checked the Mios yet, but all the thrown weapons got royally shafted with this update.

The charge attacks take about twice as long to work, and there is an animation like one previous poster mentions of a "pitcher winding up".

I'll dig out the Mios but suspect it is the same thing that has happened to it.

Really hope DE reverses this, at the moment they just made 5 or 6 weapons next to useless.

I have not checked the Mios yet, but all the thrown weapons got royally shafted with this update.

The charge attacks take about twice as long to work, and there is an animation like one previous poster mentions of a "pitcher winding up".

I'll dig out the Mios but suspect it is the same thing that has happened to it.

Really hope DE reverses this, at the moment they just made 5 or 6 weapons next to useless.

Mios got shafted just the same, reskined/triplet to DNikana and BWar now, the charge is like using Jat Kitty with Spoiled strike and no attack speed mods. The animation is even different I believe.

Edit: Cause auto correct can make 1 letter off from awesome into amy son, but doesn't even touch dofferent

-yet then refuses to let me intentionally type it -.-

Edited by DarcnyssWolfe