Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grimaldi: Sentients Aoe = Mission Failure

Thelonious

Sentients attacking while defending the objectives too often results in mission failure because of their AOE laser beam attack damaging the objective (the objective goes down in a few seconds)

And since you can't hide from their scouts because, well, you're defending the objective, they have a great chance to spawn right next to it.

This is a very annoying design flaw you might wanna fix.

Just keep them from spawning while you're defending, only when going from objective to objective.

Thx.

I'm actually surprised that there isn't more people talking about this.

I tried the mission a few times, the last time I managed to get a Rage mod (that I still don't have btw) and failed each time for the same reason:

even if you position yourself far enough from the console so that the Oculysts won't spawn the fighters next to it, their AOE rays will bypass structures and destroy the console in a few seconds.

Even doing maximum damage from mixed types (including a Sancti Tigris jammed directly into the "face") it still takes more than a few seconds to kill those things and if they decide to use the AOE, mission failed.

I also tried taking my time to see if they spawn before activating the consoles but nope.

Edit:

Confirmed that the Oculyst spawns exactly on the activation of the console and from what I've seen it happens only one time during the mission (three consoles in total).

The solution to this level 20-25 mission was to go in with a fully modded Sancti Tigris (corrosive+heat) and an almost fully modded Brakk (radiation+cold).

As soon as I activated the console, the Oculyst spawned. I kept my distance and kept killing Grineers from the other side of the room but eventually it "spotted me" (I think it was simply alerted by my shots) and it spawned a Sentient fighter right beside me.

The fighter started to shoot rays almost immediately, I ignored the damage and proceeded to unload both guns from point blank, killing it in less than 4 seconds (it died on the 5th or 6th shot from the Brakk).

The console was left with 30% health and no other enemies ever managed to damage it.

Plot twist: there were actually TWO Sentients spawining at the same time, but one was the Combat-spinning type so it didn't shoot rays.

The damage from those guns can obliterate a few level 100+ eximi (Arctic bubble included) if they're packed together.

This instead was a level 20-25 mission that requires a MR3 quest to be accessed. Good luck with that.

Edited by Darkwings83

I have had the same issue with Grimaldi and the 5 second death of the console. Even when knowing they are spawning and attempting to spam Radial Blind doesn't consistently avoid an extermely fast mission failure due to the other-worldly light show. I would like to see the sentient fighter's AOE either not affect or have a reduced effect on the console. I don't mind having to change weapons and tactics to deal with this new enemy, but give us a few extra seconds to adjust our tactics mid-battle.

I have nothing against the sentient current state, but please make their attacks work only on the players and not also on the objectives they protect . In the end Sentient have something against tenno and not their objectives.

The Grimaldi mission is ridiculous.  I've tried it at least 5 times and even with Excalibur's exalted blade I can't get rid of the sentient before they trash the console I'm defending.

lure them away

This.

Sentients do have a thing against tenno, and if you move away from the console they will follow you. As far as I can tell, the game even stops spawning additional grineer units the moment sentients arrive to give you a breathing room, so as you can see the game already works with you here.

I've done several Grimaldi runs, and not in a single one I had such problem as the most of the people describe. So, use proper tactics and you'llbe fine.

lure them away

It doesn't work most of the time.

You can lure away the melee-type, but the shooter type will curl up in mid-air and start the laser shower whenever it wants to.

They can literally do that just 2 seconds after spawining.

Grineer never stopped spawning during the mission so unless they fixed it, it's not a reliable solution.

Even staying away from the Scanners doens't work, as soon as they become alerted, they spawn the fighters exactly at your position.

Could you provide your loadout? Keep in mind this is a level 20 mission.

Requiring specific gear and/or powers is not ok, unless the Sentient endurance is related to our Conclave Rating (and in that case I understand why I needed that much damage).

Granted, I farmed that mission efficiently without problems once I understood that it was as hard as a T4 (for 1 terminal) but that's not the point.

Edited by Darkwings83