The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Hitching/ Stuttering After U18?

crafturtoemc

I think this is going to be a sit tight and wait for them to address it. Very frustrating, spent the day trying everything. Nothing worked for me, not even the last resort of re-installing. DE are aware of this, they now have to track down what the hell is causing it.

This has got the be the strangest bug I've ever encountered. It appears to only happen during multiplayer. Playing solo, there might be some minor framerate drops, but it is still playable. Playing online however, after about 5 minutes of play the game starts to stutter and lag. This lag gets progressively worse until eventually I lag so bad that I "lose connection the the host." It feels almost like a memory leak, but it does indeed appear to be GPU usage dropping to 0%. Very odd indeed. Perhaps it could be a VRAM leak?

I also think its a network problem, as the lag goes up, which drops the fps, and not the fps dropping due to gpu overload.

just an update, if you play in a mission  long enough the game will get to the point it freezes ever 2 seconds and stays frozen for about 3-4. if you stay in the mission longer it will say "host migration" before saying "connection to host has been lost" and sending you to the main menu. 

WHY IS THIS A THING THAT IS IN THIS GAME RIGHT NOW!?

I usually play this game at a a smooth 70 fps. 55 if some really heavy activity occurs. but since U18 the frame rate lies at somewhere between 40 and 20, and sometimes it goes all the way down to 0. This does not make for a fun gaming experience.

At first, when i start the game and join/start a mission, everything seem to run smoothly, however after a few minutes the frame rate just tanks and the game starts freezing at random intervals. This continues until the lagging and freezes become so large that the game just becomes unplayable. 
I've tried verifying and optimizing the game cache - Nothing. I've tried to turn the graphics down to potato level -  still nothing. Am i the only one who has this problem or is this actually a thing for others?

so, DE, what info (system info/game logs) do you need to fix this and how can i get it to you yesterday?

*edit*
oh and i even tried reinstalling the whole game, still nothing

Edited by Rothyn

This has got the be the strangest bug I've ever encountered. It appears to only happen during multiplayer. Playing solo, there might be some minor framerate drops, but it is still playable. Playing online however, after about 5 minutes of play the game starts to stutter and lag. This lag gets progressively worse until eventually I lag so bad that I "lose connection the the host." It feels almost like a memory leak, but it does indeed appear to be GPU usage dropping to 0%. Very odd indeed. Perhaps it could be a VRAM leak?

This is exactly what i got! This game became one of the most annoying multiplayer game for me!

I feel your pain.

My PC isn't that great. Using an e8400 @ 3.8Ghz, 4GB of memory and Nvidia GTX260.

I used to get 60-100 FPS all the time and now I get slideshow rates at 10-15 when players start pressing 4 or lots of enemies show up.

that might very well be. In my case however, i got a fairly decent pc. with a phenom II x6 clocked to 3.6Ghz, 12GB Ram and a GTX 960 i SHOULD get better results than i currently do.

Edited by Rothyn

I certainly think it is some sort of memory / network problem. 

I have the little info console open, and the ms time starts spiking causing the lag. Even if I do finish a mission (I rush and get out asap if i am in a squad) then the bug stays in the menus forcing me to restart the game. 

I can really only go solo, but the sortee missions are too hard for solo and i NEED that lens :)

I certainly think it is some sort of memory / network problem. 

I have the little info console open, and the ms time starts spiking causing the lag. Even if I do finish a mission (I rush and get out asap if i am in a squad) then the bug stays in the menus forcing me to restart the game. 

I can really only go solo, but the sortee missions are too hard for solo and i NEED that lens :)

Yes.. There's not much we can do solo, and this is certainly the worst moment to encounter this issue.

Hi everyone,

I can assure you that we are still investigating the issue regarding hitching/stuttering after U18 and it is very high on our list. 

Alt-Tab is also being looked at.

We apologize for any inconvenience that these issues may have caused, and we hope to have them addressed very soon. 

Hi everyone,

I can assure you that we are still investigating the issue regarding hitching/stuttering after U18 and it is very high on our list. 

We apologize for any inconvenience that these issues may have caused, and we hope to have them addressed very soon.

thank you for your efforts :3

Hi everyone,

Thank you Dmitri, and thanks for all your efforts, the whole team!

I've always had terrible pc and my game would run at mere 25-18 frame per second, but now the game is a slideshow, running at 5-4 frames per second, anywhere that isn't Simaris' simulator room.

I've spent over £200 on this game and i don't want to stop playing it, because of trash-tier frame rate.

PC masterrace am I right, or can you not pay a "measly" £700+ for one that is half decent or good. -_-

PLEASE, FIX THIS!!! >=[   

Edited by Kiyryite

ooh BSoD ... you might want to do a RAM check to rule that out as most BSoDs come from faulty RAM.

Hi everyone,

Is there any Idea where this is coming from. Usually I just get a hotfix and things go on ,, but some of us would be interested to hear what the problem was with this :)

Hi everyone,

You're also investigating FPS drops when playing with other players, right?