The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I Dislike The New Quest/tenno Thing (Spoilers)

goatkid

I agree op the reveal was disappointing plus someone said it's a neon genesis evangelion rip off >_>

It basically is:

1. Pilots are kids

2. Pilots can't age

3. We're edgy little S#&$s who do everything that Gendo Ikari Lotus tells us to do.

Edited by IANOBW

You don't get it? You are the Operator. You. You were never the warframe. You, as the Operator may favor a warframe over another, and before the second dream, thought that it was you. Then you woke up, then it was revealed. You realized that you are the pupped master, you are the one with the toys. You aren't the one in control of someone. Your control is never removed, you don't have to play as whatever warframe is chosen for you.

This explains why you, and other Tenno are able to switch so easily from body-to-body, this explains a lot and opens up new questions. Yes, I do get that it destroys a lot of head-cannon but there is nothing to do but accept the fact that the person sitting in the liset? The one you customize and gain focus experience with when you put a lens on your warframe? Is you.

You are the kid.

The kid is the puppet master.

The puppet master is thousands of years old and probably not a kid by any definition.

That's exactly why I don't like it. I'm forced to be a kid I don't care about even though in the past years I've bonded to the Warframes. My favourite game fooled me to believe I was the Warframe, and then just said "nope" and replaced my Mag/Volt avatar with a child. This game is for adults and mature people, how can kids represent us? Edited by Petersheikah

You are the kid.

The puppet master is thousands of years old and probably not a kid by any definition other then shape.

Then I wish the kid was a littl more mature about the situation. As of now, he spouts nonsense in the middle of missions. It's frustrating.

This is what I disagree with, It's awful and breaks all immersion and fun I had playing the game.

Your statement makes no sense. How can something that happened two days ago break the fun and immersion you experienced beforehand? Come on.

You don't get it?  You are the Operator.  You.  You were never the warframe.  You, as the Operator may favor a warframe over another, and before the second dream, thought that it was you.  Then you woke up, then it was revealed.  You realized that you are the pupped master, you are the one with the toys.  You aren't the one in control of someone.  Your control is never removed, you don't have to play as whatever warframe is chosen for you.

This explains why you, and other Tenno are able to switch so easily from body-to-body, this explains a lot and opens up new questions.  Yes, I do get that it destroys a lot of head-cannon but there is nothing to do but accept the fact that the person sitting in the liset?  The one you customize and gain focus experience with when you put a lens on your warframe?  Is you.

You are the kid.

The puppet master is thousands of years old and probably not a kid by any definition other then shape.

No you are not the Kid. Thats my problem with the whole thing.

You were given a character who should be you, but it IS not you, the moment he put that mask off, you realized it is not you.

Id find it to be awesome if the cinematic would have been first person out of the tennos perspective

That's exactly why I don't like it. I'm forced to be a kid I don't care about even though in the past years I've bonded to the Warframes.

Exactly. DE should give us an OPTION here instead of forcing everyone. they knew atleast half of us would be against it.

Your statement makes no sense. How can something that happened two days ago break the fun and immersion you experienced beforehand? Come on.

The fun of the game was playing as the Warframe, Being Alive as the Warframe. But now knowing what we know after the quest, it's just killed it for me. Really sucked the fun out of something I really enjoyed. Sadly.

It makes perfect sense. Before, we could picture ourselves in this universe. Now we're replaced with someone impersonating us. The thing in the basement of the liset is not what we are. It has someone else's face, someone else's voice. We should be as mysterious and masked as the Warframes.

But at the end, the frame pulled out the sword and broke it.

From this, there are two (or more) conclusions:

1. The operator, that the stalker was choking, somehow managed to reach to its frame and command it to destroy the sword.

2. The frame is also a living being, but can no longer live without the operator providing it energy. Their minds become one when they link, just like in Pacific Rim (if you've seen the movie), but they are still 2 separate beings, the Tenno and the Warframe.

In short, if you want to feel any better, assume that the 2nd one is the truth.

Exactly. DE should give us an OPTION here instead of forcing everyone. they knew atleast half of us would be against it.

Option of what exactly? You had an option: not playing the quest. If you were so hung on grasping your idea of Warframe, why did you play the quest they said would provide the most information with what could be the most daring direction of the game?

Yes, DE knew many wouldn't like this direction, but they also were willing to take the risk because they know it's what's best for the game.

d25c165668e2023615ff89f02e3d66e9.png

Edited by LazerSkink

It makes perfect sense. Before, we could picture ourselves in this universe. Now we're replaced with someone impersonating us. The thing in the basement of the liset is not what we are. It has someone else's face, someone else's voice. We should be as mysterious and masked as the Warframes.

I agree.

I've imagined myself in a Warframe suit lots of times. How am I supposed to embody a kid now?

Option of what exactly? You had an option: not playing the quest. Yes, DE knew many wouldn't like this direction, but they also were willing to take the risk because they know it's what's best for the game.

Of course, we can just skip the single cinematic quest in the game and forget about Focus, Orokin Moon and cool Exilus Mods. Edited by Petersheikah

But at the end, the frame pulled out the sword and broke it.

From this, there are two (or more) conclusions:

1. The operator, that the stalker was choking, somehow managed to reach to its frame and command it to destroy the sword.

2. The frame is also a living being, but can no longer live without the operator providing it energy. Their minds become one when they link, just like in Pacific Rim (if you've seen the movie), but they are still 2 separate beings, the Tenno and the Warframe.

In short, if you want to feel any better, assume that the 2nd one is the truth.

This isn't the problem, though. The operator has a face and a voice that isn't ours, therefore we can't picture ourselves as the operator any more.

Option of what exactly? You had an option: not playing the quest. Yes, DE knew many wouldn't like this direction, but they also were willing to take the risk because they know it's what's best for the game.

Terrible solution. What would be better is to have to the choice to not have a face, and remain masked. That way, everyone can be happy and choose to have a face or not.

Sure, I had the option of not playing the quest. But at the time I genuinely thought that was a reference to things like Multishot changes/Serration. Not this.

just read through the forums - every 3rd thread is a qq thread

DEs always keeping close to its community - and it will keep close to it again

Sure, I had the option of not playing the quest. But at the time I genuinely thought that was a reference to things like Multishot changes/Serration. Not this.

Even though Steve, literally on the exact same day, said it had nothing to do with mechanic changes?

7ddb04904b9b9e9aa1d8aeed2b29c52b.png

I dont find it so game breaking but its probably due to books I read and the theory that I developed long before this update, I basicly got 90% of the reveal before it happened. I see frames not as puppets but as "me" also seeing the operator as another "me". I found it annoying to see operator talk to me. I know what he know coz he is me, there is no need for any dialog. If it was up to me I would let operator be annonymus and not even human.

I would go even further. Sentients are similar to us in that regard. I think that there are only few of them and they are controling mobs we fight just like us, direcly. The only diffrence is that they multitask - they control many of them at once. As to their nature I would say they are AI or energy beings.

I always loved warframes just because they were so misterious, no voice, no face and we couldn't know anything about them. Excactly as many already said, we had the possibility to figure out what we were, that makes the game more immersive, NOT A BORED CHILD WHO WANTS TO PLAY WITH SOMETHING AND STARTS CONTROLLING BADASS *PUPPETS*. The most random ending DE could ever imagine... Btw in a way or another even if you don't do the quest... you will know the truth, it's inevitable everyone talks about it... I hope something will bring the old game back.

I spent 1600 hours for nothing, i won't be playing this game anymore :(

Edited by Tetroner

With that mindset,

it's like that time when people who watched Naruto had their OTPs crushed at the end of the entire anime and went on to complain about it :V

im watching naruto :D

fillers are quite annoying arent they

I always loved warframes just because they were so misterious, no voice, no face and we couldn't know anything about them. Excactly as many already said, we had the possibility to figure out what we were, that makes the game more immersive, NOT A BORED CHILD WHO WANTS TO PLAY WITH SOMETHING AND STARTS CONTROLLING BADASS *PUPPETS*. The most random ending DE could ever imagine... Btw in a way or another even if you don't do the quest... you will know the truth, it's inevitable everyone talks about it... I hope something will bring the old game back.

You don't get the lore do you, The Tenno aren't out to "Play"

Most random thing they thought of? IT WAS IN THE CODEX FROM THE START, DE PLANNED THIS FROM THE START

DE isn't going back on it, they really aren't bringing this "old game back"

That boat has sailed and it's not going to turn around.

Edited by KJRenz

I agree.

I've imagined myself in a Warframe suit lots of times. How am I supposed to embody a kid now?

Of course, we can just skip the single cinematic quest in the game and forget about Focus, Orokin Moon and cool Exilus Mods.

If you spent like 2 seconds customizing your Tenno (that's what the kid's are) (warframes are the suits), then if it looks bad it's not necessarily the games fault as they have a generous customization option when it comes up and you can still I believe change your looks even after.

All in all, if you really want to... I believe you can mute these random comments just like ordis and then go back to (sleep) thinking you are the warframe and doing what you will.  For me, the gameplay hasn't changed.  The Lore effected my outlook on the game, yes.  It made a lot of things make firm sense and raised a few questions too.

@Ianobw  Being honest, if you thought the random quips from any npc would make sense... remember the lotus tells you stay away from the fire and never stops when you are in a mission with fire.  Even saying it towards the end of the mission too.  There are many cases of bad dialogue placement and I'll have to say I do agree that It might get grating to some people.  So, unless I was lied to there is a option to turn off the dialogue just like with ordis.

edit: 64n0eAh.jpg

Edited by achromos

And that's fine and all, but don't expect DE won't expand on the Operator and will reverse it back to the "silent heroes" getup. 

I'd be fine if DE gives us a CHOICE here. There ARE and WILL always be players who dislike what's happening, Give us an option where the warframes themselves are alive and their own seperate beings, and let those who want to have an operator, have a operator. the best of both worlds. and both sides are happy.