Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Pulse Lasers

Avarcaness

I think the Corpus pulse lasers need a revamp. Right now they're too generic, too bulky, too slow, and the sound effects are kinda poopy.

1.) I recommend they make the Corpus lasers look like regular bullets, but blue and glowing. Right now they're freaking huge, and they look really generic.

2.) Lasers are made of light. Light travels (obviously) at the speed of light. I'm not saying they should make Corpus lasers instantaneously reach their destination, but just bump up the travel speed a little.

3.) The sound effects for pulse lasers are pretty generic right now. Make them sound more like, well, lasers. The sound effects should be slightly shorter and less "thick" (I'm no genius when it comes to audio). They should also make the sound effects crisper.

And one last thing. Is it just me, or are Corpus missions harder because the huge lasers often hit my shields even when I'm not standing in front of them? Probably another reason they should be smaller.

-Avarcaness

Edited by Avarcaness

Anytime theres a group of corpus shooting at me I get "BLINDED BY SCIENCE!" >.> even when I turned off bloom. I think thats also an overlooked benefit to their laser weaponry. Also... little known fact, their lasers arent effect by mags bullet attractor either. But yea, who cares about Mag right?

Also, we dont actually know if its lasers or not, could be plasma based, which would explain the slower speed. Hits harder than grinneer bullets though thats for sure.

Edited by unmog

Plasma could be explained,

The gun has lots of solid ammo that when triggered gets really really hot, enough for it to super heat the air around, it also is magnetic so the superheated air doesn't escape (superheated air is ionised so magnets effect it) then it fires from the gun in reverse way a rail gun works, the magnetic field from the projectile pushes it out up to high speed, and bam you have plasma bolts.

That seems science enough and close to not impossible

http://www.dvice.com/archives/2012/06/army-tests-lase.php

Edited by Toddwjp

Plasma could be explained,

The gun has lots of solid ammo that when triggered gets really really hot, enough for it to super heat the air around, it also is magnetic so the superheated air doesn't escape (superheated air is ionised so magnets effect it) then it fires from the gun in reverse way a rail gun works, the magnetic field from the projectile pushes it out up to high speed, and bam you have plasma bolts.

That seems science enough and close to not impossible

http://www.dvice.com/archives/2012/06/army-tests-lase.php

Heh, that's a pretty interesting concept.

If they use magnetic containment on the plasmoid Mag should affect them with bullet attractor though.

I should also point out the electro-laser you linked works much differently.

It uses the laser to ionize the air, creating a plasma channel to the target. The plasma is not dangerous and is generated at light speed by the laser. The weapon then sends an electric shock using the plasma channel as a conductor.

I would love it if one of the weapons behaved that way! I've heard like the new "railgun" does lightning damage anyway, they should change it's description.