Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Shadow Stalker Needs Nerfed

thefiercekiller

Do you guys really think it would be that easy to kill a Hunter of Tenno? His very weapons and armor are designed to take our beating and give us a beating unless you put your mind to it. I don't see why you people are complaining. If you don't complain about sentients then why are you complaining about Shadow Stalker? He's just another sentient if you know how to deal with one so quit the whining. Most of you clearly do not understand the reasons behind the buff.

KAqxEkH.gif

i like how "some players" wants him to be nerfed.

Remember that we the Players was the one who B**ch about it regarding stalker being easily kill and beg DE for a buff,

And DE even said "Becareful of what you wish for".

So when DE listened and gave us the buff,

Some ungrateful people gona ask for a Nerf.

No, He does not need a Nerf BUT

I+made+a+thing_2ef819_5325389.png

Edited by idealsykes

Step 1: Bring a primary weapon with high dps and at least 2 different elements, can be auto or semi

Step 2: Make sure your secondary weapon is very powerful, at least 2 different elements

Step 3: Kill the shadow stalker

tbh i actually had more difficulty with the normal stalker but that's probably bc i'm a scrubby noob

but yea the shadow stalker wasn't that bad I first hit him down a bit with my boltor prime, then i switched to my telos akboltos and wore him down a bit more, ending him with 6k crits from my ichors.
The tip is to not use the same weapon over and over again, no matter how op it is(unless it's exalted blade :L). Tried using my scindo p/tempo royale only against him the first time I fought him and after about 5 minutes he only lost 60% of his health

so yea, remember to switch weapons and keep your distance bc if you let yourself get into range of his War, you will get shrekt.

My first encounter with the new Stalker was today. Instead of dying in 1 Tonkor shot, he took 4 shots, and it took me the meaty amount of 300 shields to kill it. He basically Slash Dashed into my Ember with no success.

Nothing. I am still more scared of the Juggernauts.

Edited by Swailwort

but yea the shadow stalker wasn't that bad I first hit him down a bit with my boltor prime, then i switched to my telos akboltos and wore him down a bit more, ending him with 6k crits from my ichors.  ...

You do realise you were using some of the best guns in the entire game, we would all be surprised if you couldn't take him down with those.

The damage adaptation mechanic is obnoxious in general. It's one thing when it's a sentient and I can go in prepared, but why do I need to carry around every single element on me just in case he shows up? I could just bring a Tonkor or Sancti Tigris and insta-kill him, but I don't like either of those weapons.

The damage adaptation mechanic is obnoxious in general. It's one thing when it's a sentient and I can go in prepared, but why do I need to carry around every single element on me just in case he shows up? I could just bring a Tonkor or Sancti Tigris and insta-kill him, but I don't like either of those weapons.

This is what he's supposed to be. An assassin. A special challenge that is supposed to surprise you when you're the least prepared. Plus, revives recharge now, so honestly what's the big deal if he shows up and kills you? It takes away some of your affinity gained in that mission which yo ucan easily regain.

I mean think whatever you want, I wont try to convince you because I simply don't care it's already became a pointless argument, added if I get the moment to record it I'd love to and I'll just post the video because he's really not hard he dies in about 20-30 seconds 

The Stalker was allways a challenge, if you DID NOT bring your most op gear in every mission. Of course you could oneshot him with a Sancti Tigris, a Dread or a Tonkor or mow him away with your Boltor Prime. What about those that do not have those weapons with them? When you carry around the most powerful items in the game you shouldn't complain about the game being easy. The problem is that if you do not specifically prepare yourself for the Shadow Stalker with powerfull weapons and mixed damage types you have no chance at all in ever beating him. Plus for me I have been doing lots of runs with "Stalker Farm" squads and didn't get him to spawn, but in like every 5th solo mission with Ivara with 0 health or shield mods he shows up and oneshots me. Oh, did I mention, since Warframeabilities are useless against him the fight is not balanced at all, since the only logic choice of frame is the most tanky thing you can find. Also: Why can we not use Tenno/Focus abilities against him? The Second Dream quest has shown that they have an effect on him and he can't stop us from using them. The stalker shouldn't be nerfed, but definetly balanced.

The biggest problem is his damage reduction.. when he comes after you when you have nothing maxed of the gear youre carrying atm, the fight basically lasts for 20 long minutes until your weapons and tenno abilities do like 7 damage to his shield (basically you dont get to do damage to his health at all at this point + not counting those moments of invulnerability he has which lets him recharge shield) and just waiting for him to kill you, otherwise you cant go on with the mission. This happened to me 7 times already in 4 days and its pissing me and probably a lot of people off. He is a challenge now yes, but if you dont have any good weapons, youre basically waiting for your turn to be spanked to frustration.

That's a really bad arguement.

"He's supposed to be this terribly design, cuz he assain".

Might as well roll a dice and randomly kill the player by that logic.

you can kill him, but it's a challenge and if you're bad he'll kill you, that's the whole point. He's not poorly designed, he's just hard.

The biggest problem is his damage reduction.. when he comes after you when you have nothing maxed of the gear youre carrying atm, the fight basically lasts for 20 long minutes until your weapons and tenno abilities do like 7 damage to his shield (basically you dont get to do damage to his health at all at this point + not counting those moments of invulnerability he has which lets him recharge shield) and just waiting for him to kill you, otherwise you cant go on with the mission. This happened to me 7 times already in 4 days and its pissing me and probably a lot of people off. He is a challenge now yes, but if you dont have any good weapons, youre basically waiting for your turn to be spanked to frustration.

exactly, if you don't prepare yourself to kill him then he'll do his job and kill you, simple as that

you can kill him, but it's a challenge and if you're bad he'll kill you, that's the whole point. He's not poorly designed, he's just hard.

exactly, if you don't prepare yourself to kill him then he'll do his job and kill you, simple as that

So basically screw ranking your stuff and be on edges all the time.