Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hackable Cipher Panels In Spy Rooms

CrazyCatLad

I love spy...though grinding for Ivara has tested my patience.

That said, can you please make a few more of the hackable cipher panels in the rooms be clickable buttons instead of actual ciphers?  Some Corpus rooms have one-time click green panels that turn off lasers or whatnot.  Having to solve 4 puzzles in one room is too grindy.  I have plenty of ciphers(gear) but I save them for emergencies.

I think the only puzzle required for ALL spy rooms should be to get in and to get the data.  Everything else should be buttons, not puzzles.

Year of quality.

I think the only puzzle required for ALL spy rooms should be to get in and to get the data.  Everything else should be buttons, not puzzles.

Isn't that how it already is? I did quite a lot of spy runs and I do not remember a single one that would require you to hack something else besides the entrance door and the data terminal.

Year of quality.

Year of entitlement.

Edited by VisionAndVoice

Yeah, this is going to require a hard example or a screenshot.  I don't recall any room that has four terminals that need hacked in one room, or even three.  Mostly its just doors, lots and lots of doors.

The Grineer room that has 3 panels to solve before the main door to the vault even opens - where you follow the tubes, to one up high, one in the sewer and then one on a platform before the door opens.

The Corpus room with that large open area that has 3 walls of lasers where enemies with a shield osprey patrol. Usually needs 3 puzzles. It luckily does have a green button panel too to shut off the lasers.

The Corpus room that has hallways around the center vault with locked doors and platforms to go over with lots of cameras.  Not at home so can't get you a specific screenshot. I think it was in the original 3 rooms that released.

This is a good example of a room that has the green button: E5BO6BEfEnn2oeI-55dsoQ9GKiKy6GiUVaK4sLsa

EDIT: I've only done a few Spies on the underwater set but they are pretty tedious too. Haven't done enough of their versions to have a proper opinion. Earth spies seem fine.

I never said every room is terrible and that I'm entitled and need to be able to finish it in 3 seconds max as the first reply suggested.

Edited by Lanieu

The Grineer room that has 3 panels to solve before the main door to the vault even opens - where you follow the tubes, to one up high, one in the sewer and then one on a platform before the door opens.

The Corpus room with that large open area that has 3 walls of lasers where enemies with a shield osprey patrol. Usually needs 3 puzzles. It luckily does have a green button panel too to shut off the lasers.

The Corpus room that has hallways around the center vault with locked doors and platforms to go over with lots of cameras.  Not at home so can't get you a specific screenshot. I think it was in the original 3 rooms that released.

This is a good example of a room that has the green button: E5BO6BEfEnn2oeI-55dsoQ9GKiKy6GiUVaK4sLsa

EDIT: I've only done a few Spies on the underwater set but they are pretty tedious too. Haven't done enough of their versions to have a proper opinion. Earth spies seem fine.

I never said every room is terrible and that I'm entitled and need to be able to finish it in 3 seconds max as the first reply suggested.

After reading your post and playing through some spy missions, I remembered more about the vaults, and yes, some of them are built so you may need to hack some additional puzzles.

However, the key word here is "may". Out of three vaults you mentioned, one can be easily passed without cracking additional puzzles, one is 50/50, depending on which pathways are randomly blocked or not, and one can technically be finished without puzzles, but you need to either bring a cipher, be fine with raising an alarm or be very very quick at cracking the puzzle.

Only one puzzle needs to be done to open a door, and there is a way to bypass that door completely - on the wall opposite the entrance, above, under the ceiling, there is a entrance to the passage that you can use to acces the inner vault. It is protected with nothing but a blinking energy screen. You can bullet-jump there right from the start, enter the hatch and get a good drop on the guard below. If you're not fine with bulletjumping, there is another hatch that leads to that space. You can find the entrance on the second level at the platform with a console that overlooks the door to the vault, if you look to the right.

Here's where the other puzzles come in - they are needed to disable the lenergy screens that bar the space before the console. They periodically move away, allowing you to gain acces, but the window is very small so, again,  you need to either bring a cipher, be fine with raising an alarm or be very very quick at cracking the puzzle.

Above the doors thet you need to crack to enter the wide hall there is an entrance to a ventilation passage that is always open and that you can easily bullet-jump into. You don't even need to disable the lasers, you can pass through the ventilation, circle the laser "cage" from perimeter and enter a symmetrical passage on the opposite side of the hall that will lead you into a symmetrical room to the one that you turned to after you entered the spy vault. Depending on whether it's the room to the right or the room to the left, there is another passageway that leads you either directly to the final console or to the final door before it, avoiding the lasers altogether. In the latter case yes, you do need to crack it.

You don't need to hack these doors at all. After you enter, to both sides of you there are two ventialtion hatches, at least one of these is always accessable, and they lead you to the wlakways above, allowing you to avoid hacking the doors entirely. Just don't forget to disable the laser floor in the main room. (The green button is right on the glass).

All of these ways were accessable even before Parkour 2.0, though you needed to get more creative with your movement skills (one of two things I regret about Parkour 2.0 is that it severely trivialised environment challenges like these, this was fun).

To adress the point of the original post in a more civil matter - I think that all the vaults should be left as is. Every single one of them has a way that allows you to either bypass most of the security measures at worst, or makes the whole vault a cakewalk at best. Exploration will be rewarded, and whatever little disturbances that still remain serve are inconsequential, and only serve the purpose of adding some spy-flick thrill ("Mission Impossible", anyone?) to the mission run.

Using this opportunity, I'd like to say I'm sorry for making my previous reply here unnecessary harsh, especially seeing how what I said there was not entirely correct.

Edited by VisionAndVoice

After reading your post and playing through some spy missions, I remembered more about the vaults, and yes, some of them are built so you may need to hack some additional puzzles.

However, the key word here is "may". Out of three vaults you mentioned, one can be easily passed without cracking additional puzzles, one is 50/50, depending on which pathways are randomly blocked or not, and one can technically be finished without puzzles, but you need to either bring a cipher, be fine with raising an alarm or be very very quick at cracking the puzzle.

Only one puzzle needs to be done to open a door, and there is a way to bypass that door completely - on the wall opposite the entrance, above, under the ceiling, there is a entrance to the passage that you can use to acces the inner vault. It is protected with nothing but a blinking energy screen. You can bullet-jump there right from the start, enter the hatch and get a good drop on the guard below. If you're not fine with bulletjumping, there is another hatch that leads to that space. You can find the entrance on the second level at the platform with a console that overlooks the door to the vault, if you look to the right.

Here's where the other puzzles come in - they are needed to disable the lenergy screens that bar the space before the console. They periodically move away, allowing you to gain acces, but the window is very small so, again,  you need to either bring a cipher, be fine with raising an alarm or be very very quick at cracking the puzzle.

Above the doors thet you need to crack to enter the wide hall there is an entrance to a ventilation passage that are always open that you can easily bullet-jump into. You don't even need to disable the lasers, you can pass through the ventilation, circle the laser "cage from perimeter and enter a symmetrical passage that leads you into a symmetrical room to the one that you turned to after you entered the spy vault. Depending on whether it's the room to the right or the room to the left, there is another passageway that leads you either directly to the console or to the final door before it, avoiding the lasers altogether. In which case yes, you do need to crack it.

You don't need to hack these doors at all. After you enter, to both sides of you there are two ventialtion hatches, at least one of these is always accessable, and they lead you to the wlakways above, allowing you to avoid hacking the doors entirely. Just don't forget to disable the laser floor in the main room. (The green button is right on the glass).

To adress the point of initial post in a more civil matter - I think that all the vaults should be left as is. Every single one of them has a way that allows you to either bypass most of the security measures at worst, or makes the whole vault a cakewalk at best. Exploration will be rewarded, and whatever little disturbances that still remain serve are inconsequential, and only serve the purpose of adding some spy-flick thrill ("Mission Impossible", anyone?) to the mission run.

Using this opportunity, I'd like to say I'm sorry for making my previous reply here unnecessary harsh, especially seeing how what I said there was not entirely correct.

I have no issue with completing spy rooms - I can do them the hard way or the short way or the parkour way (have snuck into that Grineer room and ciphered the thing before the sweeping lasers get me).

I do think any panel that is not the start or the end panels should be mere clickable buttons as it literally stops the flow - speed running or not.

Edited by Lanieu