The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mr4 For Sortie? You Can Literally Reach That In A Week!

Twilight053

Guys, economicaly speaking, if you raise the mr requirement , less player will be able to achieve a prize from the list, if this happens those prizes start to become rare, and no one will sell or if they will , the price will raise to the stars. Are you sure of what you are asking ? ;)

why would you?............ never mind. I've stubbled into something obviously. (Backs away quietly hoping to not attract the attention of the crazy people)

Same reason why I think the guy who forma'ed is gun 251 times is awesome. It's not the same old boring thing we are used to.

someone isnt really good at accepting differences it seems

I'm sure you are at least semi used to the WTF is wrong with you comments by now. Ah well, being strange is what makes life interesting eh?

just because someone is MR4 doesn't mean they definitely can, or definitely can't do a Sortie. this is one of the problems associated with MR; it's not an accurate way of assessing player skill. anyone can reach high mastery by farming materials and Credits, buying blueprints, and then levelling those weapons on Draco.

I think that's complete rubbish - all an MR4 can do in a sortie is Loki it.

Serration won't be maxed - likely won't have Heavy Caliber - won't have the resources for a stack of pads - so essentially all they're capable of is upping the spawns and not contributing. Skill is irrelevant if your tools aren't up to snuff - and I don't buy that anyone at MR4 has those tools ready yet.

As for all the rest talking about the usual "high MR vets suck" - can't say I've ever played with anyone over MR14 who didn't know what they were doing. But then I don't go play in the meta pool - so I suppose I don't have to see many of those who play without playing.

To me the MR is merely a long-term goal - limit is currently 12 for the syndicate primaries - and something to look at to think about how much you have become, from the newbie you once were.

Also, I've met a share of very friendly low MR players and some of high MR that were angry, devoid of patience and fun stealers. We all know MR doesn't accurately measure a player's ability to fight in a team and handle high level enemies. It can measure that only if you play by the book, taking your time to get the mods and only ranking up weapons you intend on using; but mastery fodder trivializes this.

Sorties are nice, actually, imo. Endgame-difficulty without spending an hour in endless or banging your head against the wall because your team is obviously incapable of doing the Raid  - which, moreover, require a boring "meta" of specific frames to bring, unlike sorties.

To me the MR is merely a long-term goal - limit is currently 12 for the syndicate primaries - and something to look at to think about how much you have become, from the newbie you once were.

Also, I've met a share of very friendly low MR players and some of high MR that were angry, devoid of patience and fun stealers. We all know MR doesn't accurately measure a player's ability to fight in a team and handle high level enemies. It can measure that only if you play by the book, taking your time to get the mods and only ranking up weapons you intend on using; but mastery fodder trivializes this.

Sorties are nice, actually, imo. Endgame-difficulty without spending an hour in endless or banging your head against the wall because your team is obviously incapable of doing the Raid  - which, moreover, require a boring "meta" of specific frames to bring, unlike sorties.

I like this. This is beautiful...

The only time I've used mastery fodder was to jump from 11 to 12 when the syndicate primaries came out. It was.. So horribly boring. 

Just... 'Sitin' on Draco, leveling these weapons that I don't care for (now I do, Grinlok and Mire are now some weapons that I use quite a bit. The others were kinda meh) so that I can get my Rakta Cernos and Scanti Tigris.. Come on, hurry up..'

I was pretty irritable those days. But eh.. I derailed that about the second word I said. Anyways-

MR is just... It doesn't mean what it's supposed to mean. In most cases, anyways. I know that for me and my buddy, it does though.

Mastery fodder isn't something we like to do. We usually buy a weapon, keep it, buy more spaces, and keep on building. (Until I ran out of plat. Then I had to start switching weapons and it was really hard because I like to try and keep all of 'em...)

Woah derailed again. SORRY-

Sortie Spy missions... GG pug groups, #neveragain. Seriously though, people suck at spy missions, I always solo them because everyone else just triggers the alarm and don't get the console in time (or are just bad at the console puzzle)

I heard people failed it multiple times because of FPS issues

But that might be a lie since they didn't bother sending the bugs

its my identity

the whole "id rather be a one in a million MR3 than a mass-produced MR20+" thing

i can get into all relays with founder power :D

So you are doing it just for the hipster power? lol 

On topic, yeah mr4 is not nearly as enough, poor guys, but hey, its fun carrying some guys through the mission.

Edited by Hayzemet

I like this. This is beautiful...

The only time I've used mastery fodder was to jump from 11 to 12 when the syndicate primaries came out. It was.. So horribly boring. 

Mastery fodder isn't something we like to do. We usually buy a weapon, keep it, buy more spaces, and keep on building. (Until I ran out of plat. Then I had to start switching weapons and it was really hard because I like to try and keep all of 'em...)

You have my sympathy... But you only had to gain one rank. I was halfway between MR9 and 10 when I started mastery foddering because I wanted - and still want - the Rakta Cernos. Ivara has now made me even more annoyed by this high requirement, as I need that bow to go along with her. Mastery 11 at the time. Guess I'll just craft 20 sidearms and blades, then spend the day on Draco...

Very worst experiences with MR fodder so far : Oberon, and the Gorgon (both wraith and normal). The things that truely have a negative fun factor for me.

Clearly it's so you can carry your low MR friend through them.

Seriously though, some of the stronger CC frames, especially if aided by a trin can easily work with a MR 4 player. Rhino stomping, mirage discoballs etc. Loki disarm is workable, and if they have frost, they can globe the pod if nothing else. Sure, they can't do damage, but you can almost get away with a single dude with a good AoE splash weapon and some CC.

Depending on the mission type ofc. I mean, I've only publicly sortied twice, and both instances the other players were all above MR 8, though it is a tiny sample pool. Unless they're getting taxi'd, a MR 4 probably doesn't have all the nodes required to participate in sorties anyway.

Edit: Also, you can reach MR 7 in a week too. MR 14 in two, MR 18 on the third, if you grind hard enough.

Edited by Tostov

I stand by my mass produced mr 20 plus it who i am. I want the most out of this experience. If you chose to put up artifical walls to be 'special' good luck to you mate. Its still nothing to be proud of.

Hold on a second. If your arsenal is full of weapons at Rank 30 and most of them have only a few hundred kills, it means you have not really used them other then to get MR and then leave them.

I'm only MR 7, I have an Excalibur that has a Glaive with 50K kills on it, and they were done when used as the Primary. I did not even really use a secondary until I discovered the Sonicor, which is funny as hell. The only reason I even got to MR7 is because there has been a ton of events that gave free weapons and free slots, so of course I tried them out, otherwise I'd be still on MR 4-5.

There is basically zero point in getting a gun if you have seen decent review on how they handle after multiple Forma, and I don't simply mean "damage wise", as I don't care about that, I mean how bad the recoil might be on your nerves, or the level of visual clutter (Phage) or simply a base mechanic that does not fit your play style (short max range).

There will always be people that prefer to pick a handful of things they really like, and just play those. What is the point of having 20 Frames if you will only play a few hours a day? In order to just rack up 24 hours of play time on each you would have to rack up a total play time of close to 500 hours.

Owning an entire arsenal of unused weapons does not make one player better then another.

Hey, so I had a friend that started quite recently, and his first impression was that it's pretty easy to get MRs, he easily achieved MR4 in days and now he is an MR8 in just two weeks--But currently he only has Rank 6 Serration and not even the mandatory corrupted mods.

Are we sure that MR4 is an appropriate number? :o

I took my friend who is mr5 in in the 3 sortie mission and he was fine.

Do not underestimate a player by is rank.

And seriously if the player have issus with the game why would he want to do sortie mission???

''side note'' no need to talk about legendary core.

I think the point with the chosen MR requirement number was not to find the best, suitable, spot-on MR requirement that would filter out all players incapable of Sorties, but to deliberately give an underestimated prerequisite, as to accommodate all kinds of players, which would include low MR players but can handle themselves.

Something tells me the MR prereq is to give people a little nudge that they need to know what they're doing (or not, depends) rather than a big shove telling you "grind a ton of MR before you can enjoy the luxury of avoiding 1 hour Survivals just to get worthwhile enemies."

Guys, economicaly speaking, if you raise the mr requirement , less player will be able to achieve a prize from the list, if this happens those prizes start to become rare, and no one will sell or if they will , the price will raise to the stars. Are you sure of what you are asking ? ;)

Exactly:P which is one of the reasons I don't understand people complaining about staff's rarity then they try to grand for it with mr10+ people