Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It Is A Bad Idea To Start Nerfing Focus Skills

Enno69

Hello to you all, I am writing this because of the change to Zenurik's Systemic Override perk. Instead of being a passive as advertised, it now apparently works on a (very short) duration. There was no need for such a downgrade. This, and the reviews from the Madurai's overall lack of strenght, makes me fear, but maybe you will disagree, that Focus might end up being nerfed into uselessness in order for it not to be OP.

Except it would never been OP : the powers have about 180 cooldown time at base and last for 10 seconds. The passive needs an activation before they can kick in, and while they can be nice, they don't turn you into a god either. They are supposed to be tactically useful, not more or less. Focus ought to be something to be deployed in a last resort, which have enough might to save your skin or the mission, in exchange for major drawbacks - CD, for instance.

Imo there is no need to limit the power of those abilities, including the passive perks, like that. It has to be something one can rely on, as well as something fun that can alter the way you play with specific frames or weapons. You have spend time earning focus affinity, it should mean something.

This is not a whining rant or an accusation. The devs are doing a great job. Update 18 was fantastic and I love this game. I am merely suggesting not to swing the Nerf Hammer too hard on the focus,as it already seems - seems - to be the case with Systemic Override and a few others skills (the armorbuff from Unarai for ex, which is a small percentage instead of a hard cap, which means frail frames cannot benefit from it).

If you think I am completely mistaken and full of crap or you just don't like this post, feel free to comment.

Have a great day everyone, and DE.

Wasn't Focus supposed to be the ultimate OP mode for players?

I suppose so, yes. Would feel really good if it was. Heck, increase the base cooldown if necessary, as long as the results are worth it. For instance if that Systemic Override was a true passive, it would work like a pumped up Energy Siphon, which could reduce the need for efficiency mods on certain builds and might also make Trinity less essential depending on the context... Interesting possibilities, therefore. But not with a perk that works for 5 seconds every 180 seconds.

I, too, find it extremely silly to:

1.) Nerf it this severe, it basically kills half of the usefulness of this whole spec.

2.) Nerfing it this early, where the vast majority of people have not even remotely tried it.

I for myself, am going to issue a support ticket to get me another lense for a different spec, like Vazariin, first because it causes them work, which costs money, which, eventuallly, might convince them that bad decisions of such a scale (read: not that important, but that bad in doing it) are not good for the game, and second because I feel trolled and I want to get this straight.

And mods, if you are going to delete this post, like you did so often with my post for no reason, and ban me for being "negative", you have not understood what feedback actually is, and that many of your (beloved?!) customers think like this, just someone needs to say it.

sistemic override is the only passive with a limited duration afaik, at least on the naramon (i went naramon and i'm happy with it tbh) tree shadow step and the melee affinity one are always active and i think deadly intent too even thought i can't vouch for that due to rng, i can assure you that while it's usefull the 3m15s(read as once in a blue moon) cooldown on the focus effect balances it out, and i heard that the others are permanent once triggered too, also marudai passives are largely underestimated since you practically get a permanent 30%, since people say that they give you additional ips damage based on damage dealt with all the passives at base rank, possibly 60% or more with all of them ranked up to max, all in all they should just fix sistemic override, specially since efficiency is capped anyways

Edited by bl4ckhunter

sistemic override is the only passive with a limited duration afaik, at least on the naramon (i went naramon and i'm happy with it tbh) tree shadow step and the melee affinity one are always active and i think deadly intent too even thought i can't vouch for that due to rng, i can assure you that while it's usefull the 3m15s(read as once in a blue moon) cooldown on the focus effect balances it out, and i heard that the others are permanent once triggered too, also marudai passives are largely underestimated since you practically get a permanent 30%, since people say that they give you additional ips damage based on damage dealt with all the passives at base rank, possibly 60% or more with all of them ranked up to max, all in all they should just fix sistemic override, specially since efficiency is capped anyways

Yes, that sounds cool. They should fix it indeed, and not look for more nerfs. When I say they should, I mean it would be a nice thing. Of course they do what they think is best.

Yes bad idea. Period. No explanation needed. Want to make players sick and regretful? Fill their gullets with foam.

EDIT: Considering systemic override wont bypass 75% cap... why in the freaking bleepity bleep would they nerf it already? Considering Blind rage + fleeting + streamline STILL leaves you with seriously high energy cost abilities.

Edited by Edgarhighman

it wasn't nerfed, it was just the description that was wrong in the first place.

[ https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/570349-spoiler-systemic-override-passive-broken/ ]

They sold it as all-mission passive and now claim that its description was wrong.

It's pretty much false advertising, but as Warframe is still in beta and DE is "the side that should know better" we just let it pass.

I won't "let it pass" like that, DE made a mistake, I based my decision on it (Whereas I had to take the info from a wiki, as the game provides you NOTHING ingame prior to the choice!).

That is bad game design, even after you choose one, you can't even see anything about the other "paths" ingame, only a valid game design decision if you intentionally want to annoy players.

Wasn't Focus supposed to be the ultimate OP mode for players?

Seems more like it was meant to be the power with the ultimate OP cooldown...

They sold it as all-mission passive and now claim that its description was wrong.

It's pretty much false advertising, but as Warframe is still in beta and DE is "the side that should know better" we just let it pass.

Things shall get better once people no longer wave the banner flag like it actually means anything now.

I won't "let it pass" like that, DE made a mistake, I based my decision on it (Whereas I had to take the info from a wiki, as the game provides you NOTHING ingame prior to the choice!).

The second best thing they could do would be to refund everyone who bought falsely advertised Focus skills all of their spent points.

Edited by Mofixil