The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Sniper Rifle As Of U18?

D4K4R

Question

I saw different topics about this subject but i cant decide, so I'm creating my own shor one. I wanna choose between Lanka, Rubico and Vectis prme (EDIT: tho I HATE the charge of Lanka). Which would be better?

Edited by D4K4R

20 answers to this question

Hi tenno

Both the Vectis as the Rubico are very good, but depending on the mission and the faction a one as a btter on the other, suggest stay with the two, and create builds different for them, to use a against a faction and other for another faction.

Have a good game ;)

Edited by LordBronux

Hi tenno

Both the Vectis as the Rubico are very good, but depending on the mission and the faction a one as a btter on the other, suggest stay with the two, and create builds different for them, to use a against a faction and other for another faction.

Have a good game ;)

Ty! I dont rlly care about endgamewith snipers, so the faction wont be a problem. Just wanna do fun runs with it. :D

Lanka is projectile based right? Does damage boost from zooming stack with Ivara´s Navigator damage boost?

yes it does, but its almost impossible to use because the projectile moves insanely fast.

her "prowl headshot multiplier" might be the better choice there

Lanka is very good, but also requires patience to use. It has a charge up time and the projectile has a travel speed. It is a very capable weapon, but you need to consider what kind of mission and enemy you will be going against, and if you're comfortable sniping in such conditions.

The Vectis and Vectis P are both pretty good for the combo. Mainly due to their 0.9s reload, which lets you keep your sniper combo going with minimal downtime as long as your shots land and you still have ammo.

I'm still thinking of trying out the Lanka as everyone is talking how good it is. DE really hit the spot with the sniper buff(IMO anyways).

Edited by Knightmare047

The Vectis and Vectis P are both pretty good for the combo. Mainly due to their 0.9s reload, which lets you keep your sniper combo going with minimal downtime as long as your shots land and you still have ammo.

I'm still thinking of trying out the Lanka as everyone is talking how good it is. DE really hit the spot with the sniper buff(IMO anyways).

well...they are better, atleast in theory, but bows are still stronger and more viable

bows: silent, fast, dont need to reload, punch through, 100% crit chance, high crit damage

snipers: they can zoom

basically only lanka got a real buff, since lanka is now the only sniper rifle that can crit with over 100% chance, even score reds while its still silent...so basically lanka is a good bow with a scope now.

the other rifles are stronger than before, thats true, but they are still not viable since only vandaltron and lanka have punch through, so you cant use the others against large groups without adding shred or so. all but lanka still have a chance of around 40% to "miss" with a noncrit shot, they usually have a small clip with a long reload time...and we dont have such "huge rooms" anyway, so there is almost no use for a scope with 5x zoom or more

also...whats the use of "overkill damage" anyway? why should i kill a target with 1B damage when i can shoot 10 with 1k damage each in the same time?

So Snipers still have no utility, they got a "combo bonus" which fits for bows or combat rifles, but not for a "strategical placed shot". there is still almost no use to aim for the head since there is no real bonus.

honestly...i would wish for alternate "scope mods" to make them truly unique and usefull

Edited by LazerusKI

well...they are better, atleast in theory, but bows are still stronger and more viable

True, but I'm not that much of a bow user and find snipers more comfortable. I know the Vectis P won't ever compete with the Dread for endgame, but at least its damage won't drop off as fast as it used to. Though I still believe that more could be done for the sniper buffs.

Edited by Knightmare047

True, but I'm not that much of a bow user and find snipers more comfortable. I know the Vectis P won't ever compete with the Dread for endgame, but at least its damage won't drop off as fast as it used to. Though I still believe that more could be done for the sniper buffs.

i like the vectis prime too, it just looks nice. also rubico is fancy as hell, and that sound...woah, its pretty close to a heavy anti material rifle...if it would have punch through.

bows just have too many advantages, guaranteed crits with chance for redcrits, punch through, high precision, fast rate of fire, high damge...

but i dont think that "reskinning bows, adding a scope and calling them sniper rifle" is the way to go. i want to be rewarded to be a sniper, but currently the combo-bonus is more a reward for bows and combat rifles.

until then my dread is my most used weapon...i would replace it with a lanka though.

in ivaras hands though a sniper rifle can be devestating. while cloaked she gets a headshot multiplier, and on my build thats 1.5...so basically 50% more headshot damage, and thats a lot for sniper rifles

Edited by LazerusKI

I was wondering the same and I still have to chose a sniper rifle for the relative weapon only sorties.

At the moment I can't decide between Vectis P and Rubico...

vectis prime has 4x zoom with +15% damage and 10x zoom with +20% damage

rubico has 5x zoom with +35% crit damage and 12x zoom with +50% crit damage (based on its unmodded value which is 3x, so 35% gives ~1x bonus while 50% gives 1.5x bonus)

vectis prime has the largest combo requirement, it needs 5 shots to trigger the 1.5x multiplier

rubico has the smallest combo requirement, the first shot allready gives 1.5x bonus and after the third it gives 2x bonus

vectis prime has 325 base damage

rubico has 200 base damage

vectis prime has a 2x crit multiplier and 30% status

rubico has 3x crit multiplier and 5% status

critical calculation:

fully scoped with +20% damage, vectis prime reaches 390 damage (+65dmg), a critical hit then would hit for 780 damage

rupico fully scoped gets +1.5 critical damage, so 4.5x, with 200 base damage it deals 900 damage

fully modded on critical damage vectis prime reaches 5.6x (2x + 180%) fully scoped and a hit would then deal 2184 damage

rubico with the same mods would reach 9.9x (3x + 180% + 1.5x) fully scoped and a hit would then deal  damage 1980

including serration (+165%) vectis prime would reach 861 base damage, scoped it would increase to 1033 then (if the scope bonus increases modded damage too),

a critical hit with 5.6x would then deal 5784dmg

if the scoped bonus is calculated on its very base damage (+65dmg), its scoped damage would be 926,

the critical hit would deal  5158dmg

rubico would reach 530 damage and a 9.9x critical would deal 5247dmg

so well, i would use Vectis Prime then, unless they change rubico to increase its critical multiplier after vital sense and hammer shot, because then rubico would reach a multiplier of: ((3x + 180%) + 50%) so 12.6x, this would result in:

without serration: 2520dmg

with serration: 6678dmg

so around 1k more than vectis prime. still, vectis prime has a much higher rate of fire then.

(calculations may be wrong, cant test them ingame, so pure theoriecrafting here)

Edited by LazerusKI

vectis prime has 4x zoom with +15% damage and 10x zoom with +20% damage

rubico has 5x zoom with +35% crit damage and 12x zoom with +50% crit damage (based on its unmodded value which is 3x, so 35% gives ~1x bonus while 50% gives 1.5x bonus)

vectis prime has the largest combo requirement, it needs 5 shots to trigger the 1.5x multiplier

rubico has the smallest combo requirement, the first shot allready gives 1.5x bonus and after the third it gives 2x bonus

vectis prime has 325 base damage

rubico has 200 base damage

vectis prime has a 2x crit multiplier and 30% status

rubico has 3x crit multiplier and 5% status

critical calculation:

fully scoped with +20% damage, vectis prime reaches 390 damage (+65dmg), a critical hit then would hit for 780 damage

rupico fully scoped gets +1.5 critical damage, so 4.5x, with 200 base damage it deals 900 damage

fully modded on critical damage vectis prime reaches 5.6x (2x + 180%) fully scoped and a hit would then deal 2184 damage

rubico with the same mods would reach 9.9x (3x + 180% + 1.5x) fully scoped and a hit would then deal  damage 1980

including serration (+165%) vectis prime would reach 861 base damage, scoped it would increase to 1033 then (if the scope bonus increases modded damage too),

a critical hit with 5.6x would then deal 5784dmg

if the scoped bonus is calculated on its very base damage (+65dmg), its scoped damage would be 926,

the critical hit would deal  5158dmg

rubico would reach 530 damage and a 9.9x critical would deal 5247dmg

so well, i would use Vectis Prime then, unless they change rubico to increase its critical multiplier after vital sense and hammer shot, because then rubico would reach a multiplier of: ((3x + 180%) + 50%) so 12.6x, this would result in:

without serration: 2520dmg

with serration: 6678dmg

so around 1k more than vectis prime. still, vectis prime has a much higher rate of fire then.

(calculations may be wrong, cant test them ingame, so pure theoriecrafting here)

Now that's a good analysis.

Thanks mate, I'll go with Vectis Prime!

Now that's a good analysis.

Thanks mate, I'll go with Vectis Prime!

Well, there is still the combo system, lanka can reach extremely high numbers since its timer lasts 10s or so (i reached 2.5x with 48 hits)

vectis reached 2x with around 16 hits (dont know exactly because somehow one hit had count as 2, and i had split chamber...and i hit 2 enemies...so i got 8 points per hit), vectis combo has a 3s timer before it resets, so you can keep it up pretty easily.

rubico has a 2.5s reset timer, so with (primed) fast hands you can keep up the multiplier to reach some insane numbers and easily beat vectis then (rubico has 3s reload time)

so in theory vectis is stronger for the first hit, but rubico is stronger with its second where the 1.5x multiplier kicks in. the fourth is then even stronger. but i still dont know if the first shot allready includes the 1.5x bonus, then rubico would be stronger with the first one too (think i have to test that later)

personally...i like all 3 of them.

Lanka when i can shoot enemies in a straight line (like void defense)

Vectis against swarms (like Infested)

Rubico ... just because, im still formaing it

Edited by LazerusKI

Well, there is still the combo system, lanka can reach extremely high numbers since its timer lasts 10s or so (i reached 2.5x with 48 hits)

vectis reached 2x with around 16 hits (dont know exactly because somehow one hit had count as 2, and i had split chamber...and i hit 2 enemies...so i got 8 points per hit), vectis combo has a 3s timer before it resets, so you can keep it up pretty easily.

rubico has a 2.5s reset timer, so with (primed) fast hands you can keep up the multiplier to reach some insane numbers and easily beat vectis then (rubico has 3s reload time)

so in theory vectis is stronger for the first hit, but rubico is stronger with its second where the 1.5x multiplier kicks in. the fourth is then even stronger. but i still dont know if the first shot allready includes the 1.5x bonus, then rubico would be stronger with the first one too (think i have to test that later)

I'd leave Lanka out of this as I'm not really a fan of charged weapons, bows excluded..

I'd leave Lanka out of this as I'm not really a fan of charged weapons, bows excluded..

yeah, those were just the only rifles i had at that time. Lanka and Vectis, Rubico was still in my forge for 10h or so, Vulkar was neglected because it only reaches 50% crit, and the Snipetrons were never forma'd

The one thing i dont like about lanka is its scope-sway...i have no issue with the charge, but i simply cant aim with parkinsons (seriously, that wasnt me moving the scope around, thats why i havnt shot at first because i was looking for a "hold breath" button...it doesnt exist though)

Edited by LazerusKI