Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Thoughts On Focus Cap?

AnOldAlias

And yet we still haven't gotten shared focus, but we have had knives taken to anything that isn't Draco for getting it with the cap.

Far more telling where the priorities are given syndicates did not have the issue, and the selected material for hotfixes.

It's been a little over a week with the new system - I think some patience is in order.

As for syndicates not having this problem? No - Syndicates had no cap at first - and everyone went rabid on it and rendered what was supposed to be a meaningful choice completely pointless by charging up and down the standings within a month of release. It turned the meaningful choice into a joke of a time-gated vendor and essentially left DE with no avenue to fix it without significant rage.

I think it's safe to say that starting out the new system WITH a cap in place is the best way to avoid making the same mistake twice.

Does the cap need to be higher? Yes.

Should it raised by MR? Also yes.

Should there be a cap overall? Probably also yes.

No cap at all makes no sense from the perspective of anyone who isn't already maxed out everywhere else. Whether or not you agree - that particular viewpoint tends to overlook a lot of things the devs have to keep in mind while fleshing out this new system.

What's going to happen if there's no cap and folks like you unlock all the trees in less than a month and then the inevitable major tweaks and changes come to Focus a month or two down the line?

You'll be right back here raging about DE wasting your time and effort.

Again it's been 10 days since release - put your chill pants on people.

i hate the cap tbh. the cap feels ok for syndicates but terrible for focus.

i wish we had diminutive xp gain (affected my MR) instead of a hard cap. switching gear in arsenal would reset the gain limitation until the mark that triggers it is reached again for that specific lens.

this would encourage me to make use of my varied arsenal and buy xp boosters.

the sheer amount of xp needed to max the trees should be enough of a limitation. make them bigger if u have to. 

Edited by ..atom..

Until they add Focus gains from Radial XP, the hard cap is the only thing stopping frames like Nova from being the only rational way to gain focus, because it disproportionately favors kills with frame powers above everything else.

The two methods right now are stealth kills, via weapon or frame affinity preferably both, and frame kills farming draco already. As it stands, the stealth kills greatly outweighs Draco, achieving 5x as much on average in the same time frame.

Again, the observed reality is that the cap is there to maintain it as a super long term system, not because of some fear of frame powers.

If frame powers were the case, they'd have stopped it all and not released it with the must kill steal issue.

It's been a little over a week with the new system - I think some patience is in order.

As for syndicates not having this problem? No - Syndicates had no cap at first - and everyone went rabid on it and rendered what was supposed to be a meaningful choice completely pointless by charging up and down the standings within a month of release. It turned the meaningful choice into a joke of a time-gated vendor and essentially left DE with no avenue to fix it without significant rage.

I think it's safe to say that starting out the new system WITH a cap in place is the best way to avoid making the same mistake twice.

Does the cap need to be higher? Yes.

Should it raised by MR? Also yes.

Should there be a cap overall? Probably also yes.

No cap at all makes no sense from the perspective of anyone who isn't already maxed out everywhere else. Whether or not you agree - that particular viewpoint tends to overlook a lot of things the devs have to keep in mind while fleshing out this new system.

What's going to happen if there's no cap and folks like you unlock all the trees in less than a month and then the inevitable major tweaks and changes come to Focus a month or two down the line?

You'll be right back here raging about DE wasting your time and effort.

Again it's been 10 days since release - put your chill pants on people.

10 days, 8 hotfixes, three broken builds involving components that should not break.

Nerfs to stealth killing, the cap as pointed, and decently a reduction in the slowness of sorties.

My point on syndicates is the code base already exists for shared affinity gains based on equipped items. We should not be having these issues as its all ready for a copy paste and some minor changes to account for the permanence of lenses.

Its a code project that should be done in 10 days, save for graphics which would be there when you're ready to ship it in several months given how long focus has been on the back burner.

They admitted syndicates were the "beta" build of focus, a means to test and trial that instead became much more separate lore, with augments originally to be given under the guise of learning to better use a warframe.

So once more, the clear and present issue is DE desires the current state of affairs for some reason.

Perhaps their hope is that we'll be so happy for the shared affinity we'll take whatever else goes alongside like a sugar coated medicine pill.

Maybe its some grand social project to try and show just how toxic the playerbase is to power spam and thus allow a destruction of it in the name of the community.

Whatever it is, its definitely not technical.

And if DE does prove me wrong, they are going to go up for an industry award in horrible coding practices.

I hate cap.  At this point I don't care if there should be a cap or not.  I don't like seeing my progression capped.  I don't have the time to maximize my gain everyday, and there are days where I get to spend all day playing.  Yet in those days, I quickly hit the cap within 1-2hours.  I'll have no reason to play the game anymore.  I've found reasons and motivations to play the game, yet you won't let me?  What is this?  I don't want to go back to grinding for mastery fodders.  Focus looks cool and I want to play with it.  Stop getting in my way game!  Having merely just a simple cap doesn't work. 

Given how you can't earn plat like Syndicate, I like OP's idea.  Have no hard cap.   Once you hit the cap, you gain less.  But this limit needs to be fixed, I don't want to see it curved down to the point where I literally gain 1 point per mission after a few more hours.  Make it something like 50% less or whatever. 

Focus system : no meant to be rushed

What is happening now : People are rushing it

Solution DE has implemented : Put a cap

Problem with Focus : Takes time for some people, which is intended, very fast for others who have Lens on Frame, which is not intended

Overview : nerf Focus gain or keep Cap

Edited by YasaiTsume