The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Question About Focus

Brahkest

Question

Hello everyone, with the focus system and whatnot, I've been wondering exactly how do the passive abilities work? I've taken unairu and one of the abilities (Stone Flesh I think) says Basilisk Flare (the first unlocked skill which turns enemies to stone) grants 5% more armor for the duration of the mission.

Does that mean I have to use Basilisk Flare at least once to activate the passive or is the passive already active when the mission starts? I get a little confused because it says Flare grants the passive to do something so I just want to make sure. Also the bonus is pretty small and armor isn't something I can really see "activate" so I'm not sure if it's working or not.

I don't have any other passives unlocked so I'm not too experienced with how this all works. I assume they're active at the beginning of missions but this is a new weird system in beta so any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Brahkest

5 answers to this question

Yes, you have to activate the ability once and then the passive takes effect for the rest of the mission.

Also, you have to make sure the passive is activated in the focus tree itself.  Click on it in the focus tree and make sure the line from the main ability to the passive lights up.

Yes, you have to activate the ability once and then the passive takes effect for the rest of the mission.

Also, you have to make sure the passive is activated in the focus tree itself.  Click on it in the focus tree and make sure the line from the main ability to the passive lights up.

Thank you! I have the ability active so now I just have to remember to actually use the main one.

How can i See that passive is working? I tested wirh Frost so to see if it takes over the globe health little Bit. But cant See that my armour is buffed by 5 percent? Its always the Same and yeah it was active. Soo Do i have to shoot the flare grants on my warframe or not. Does it affect my armour buff for globe?

I completed the quest; but have no idea how to earn focus. So confusing.

What I need to earn focus? Where to get it?

Equip a Lens on your Warframe / weapon(s) of choice, kill stuff, get Focus points.

Focus gain is based on (personal, not Squad-shared) Affinity gain,

so putting a Lens on a Frame and then killing with an ability means 100% of the possible Focus goes to the Frame,

while killing with an un-Lens'd weapon would mean 50% of the Focus going into the weapon, and thus being lost.

Putting a Lens on both weapon and Frame means you can kill with either and always gain full Focus.

Lenses are Sortie rewards and can be traded, Greater Lenses can be bought in the Market

(but I would advise against the latter as regular ones go for as low as 3p in Trading, and you can craft 4 into a Greater Lens).