The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Gifts] Ok I Think I Am Getting A Small Anxiety Attack :s

Ambiroa

Question

First of all, I am sensitive to anxiety attacks due to the stuff happened in my life, so not particularly to this game. But here is what happened: I accepted a gift from someone random, we chatted a bit, then he sent the gift, I accepted. I was all happy, till just now a clan mate of mine told me that it might have been a troll, and I should keep an eye on my plat balance, because if his credit card bounces, it will be punished to me.

My mate also said that I should check out all the forum posts related to this topic, I just did, and I am truly horrified to read the stories, specifically the tone of DE punishing the person that received and accepted it in good faith (I like to think myself as a good and honest person that doesn't want to do harm to anyone), by not assisting them with this issue.

So, I currently feel my heart-rate is up and bit of trouble breathing, which I know are my signs that anxiety is playing up. I am worried, because I like this game, I like the people that I have met and played with so far, and it's the only game in my life that I am really hooked on. I don't want to abandon or hate this game, because someone wanted to harm, followed by DE stabbing me in the back with a ban (something that I read in several of those threads).

One of the threads was dated last month, so I guess there is no solution found yet?

Please advice.

DE, if you could chime in on this, that would be great.

:(

6 answers to this question

One tip I can give you is to check out their profile before accepting, in-game you can see how much they played and everything and veterans tend to be really good people so you'd be fine.

However if you get a gift from a mastery rank 3, well...be careful!

Also, contact support

Edited by noveltyhero

If it is really causing you stress, the best thing you can do is speak to people. Since the ban system is automated, preemptively contacting Support probably won't help, but there are a few things you can do.

If the item he gifted you was cheap, keep a little reserve Platinum.

If you don't have that sort of Platinum available, such as if the gift was something expensive, you can prepare for the worst case scenario by finding an alternative game you can play for a few days (maybe Dark Sector, their previous almost-but-not-really-canon title), and bookmarking the Warframe Support Desk.

Remember, that even in the worst possible situation, you have done nothing wrong, and you can still use the forums and websites to contact the devs and ask for a fix.

Incidentally, I haven't seen any of this sort of ban-attack recently, so DE might have pulled things together.

Edited by Kthal

Don't always assume the worst. Maybe he was just beeing friendly. Sure its not great that DE bans the accounts in such cases but you will be able to unban your account by getting a positiv plat balance.

I know this isn't the perfect way, but DE is after all a buisness and have to earn money some way. And if People pay for Plat with stolen Credit Cards and DE has to refund this money they can't just do nothing. So they have to get their money and if they wouldn't punish the people who recieved the Gifts this would be propably exploited by some People.

But for now, don't expect the worst. Should something happen you can always contact support and explain what happened and see what they tell you. Also it has been nonths since i saw a Thread on this issue pop up, so maybe DE found another way to deal with it.

Should the game auto-detect a negative Platinum balance, the game automatically bans the account.

It has come up as a recent issue that when "bad" Platinum is used to gift an item, the user being gifted ends up losing the item and having the Platinum subtracted from their total, resulting in the auto-ban.

I'm not sure if this issue had been resolved by DE, as I hadn't heard any recent complaints, though, should this occur, please contact Support as soon as possible.

Keep your plat balance above the gift value, maybe even write to support in advance.

Other than that, all you can do is wait and see what he does.

If you do the above you most definitely won't get banned for this. Worst case scenario you'll lose some plat.

Relax.