Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Music Tastes

bloodystainednikes

Metal and classical

I do really love the Keith Power  stuff that was made for the second dream. In general I am a huge death metal fan, especially melodic, symphonic, and deathcore. I love metal in general, but my favorite bands are all death metal of some kind

Metal and classical

I do really love the Keith Power  stuff that was made for the second dream. In general I am a huge death metal fan, especially melodic, symphonic, and deathcore. I love metal in general, but my favorite bands are all death metal of some kind

Those are two genres you don't usually hear together too often~

Personally, i'm exploring my interests a bit, generally angsty teen music (SWS, Alesana,FLW, list goes on)

But i'm also a pretty big fan of the whole metal/screamo/post-hardcore scene, i've got a couple of death-metal oriented stuff, but seem to have more of an attraction to bands along of the lines of Motionless In White for instance.

i tried to narrow it down, but honestly too many genres to sum it up perfectly, im with you on the melodic/symphionic though.

I hit a random button...

huh, i remember liking nightcore back in 7th grade (no offence, pls dont take it like that) but i quickly grew out of it, looking back on it i never understood why i just listened to the vanilla version instead, i dont, to this day, understand why there's such a vast audience appeal for it

would it be possible for you to enlighten me by any chance?

Edited by drewfishking

I hit a random button...

Ohey someone that doesn't bash nightcore. Have my +1

@OP I like pretty much any genre- but it's more a per song basis for me. If I like it I like it, if I don't I don't. The only things I specifically DISLIKE are heavy metal and screamo... I have heard 1-2 heavy metal songs that I actually didn't mind. Aside from that, there have been no other exceptions.

Honestly, I don't have a specific genre I listen to. Whatever sounds good I'll listen to it for a while until I get bored of it.

But generally I like OSTs from almost any movie, show, video game, anime. Also electro / house, instrumental, orchestral.

Edited by --Sokol

If im going to be sitting down for an average gaming session ~1 hour, I'll put on some rock and rock out.

If i know it will be one of those sit down and never get up evenings, i go for some dance and upbeat type music to help me get through it lol.

Usually end up listening to one of the Alterbridge albums. Epic rock out tunes xD

EDIT:

I'd be remiss with myself if i didn't post this, one of the most epic openings to an album ever imho ;)

Edited by MillbrookWest

I guess... Alternative Rock...

And whatever this is, I like it.

my 2c would say its electronica (broad i know lol)

Honestly, I don't have a specific genre I listen to. Whatever sounds good I'll listen to it for a while until I get bored of it.

But generally I like OSTs from almost any movie, show, video game, anime. Also electro / house, instrumental, orchestral.

huh, what games? inb4 hotline miami

Ohey someone that doesn't bash nightcore. Have my +1

@OP I like pretty much any genre- but it's more a per song basis for me. If I like it I like it, if I don't I don't. The only things I specifically DISLIKE are heavy metal and screamo... I have heard 1-2 heavy metal songs that I actually didn't mind. Aside from that, there have been no other exceptions.

could ya gimme your top 5 most played songs then?

If im going to be sitting down for an average gaming session ~1 hour, I'll put on some rock and rock out.

If i know it will be one of those sit down and never get up evenings, i go for some dance and upbeat type music to help me get through it lol.

Usually end up listening to one of the Alterbridge albums. Epic rock out tunes xD

nice, i usually play depending on my mood,(IE, tired af? electro. Had a coffee? screamo. Want to die after you realise existence is meaningless and there is no real point of living apart from creating the illusion of self-worth? Taylor Swift.

Anything that doesn't involve edgy lyrics or men/women screaming.

And instrumental. Because vocals ruin songs most of the time for me.

And i'll be blunt that Metal Gear Solid's OST fits my bill just right.

so what kind of instrumental stuff does that cover? do you like electronic music? guitar riffs? classical? piano? heavy mic breathing?

There is nothing I love, only a few glimmers I hold a passing fondness for.

wanna share some of em with us? (or just me)

Mostly electro-industrial, and then some various black metal and melodic death metal. I also listened to a lot of some rather specific styles of IDM, and there's even one witch house artist I like. huh

Funny that you mention Motionless in White, because I started listening to them when I heard the industrial metal-ish influences on Infamous at least. (They even covered Rammstein, you don't get more industrial metal than that)

I could totally go into detail on those few really ideal bands that somehow blend all these different genres I like in a great way, but maybe this is enough for one post. Lol

Edited by adiamorph

Can only find 4, but question's pretty relevant.

so what kind of instrumental stuff does that cover? do you like electronic music? guitar riffs? classical? piano?

Varies. As long as it doesn't either go overboard or has no real value put into it.

Mostly electro-industrial, and then some various black metal and melodic death metal. I also listened to a lot of some rather specific styles of IDM, and there's even one witch house artist I like. huh

Funny that you mention Motionless in White, because I started listening to them when I heard the industrial metal-ish influences on Infamous at least. (They even covered Rammstein, you don't get more industrial metal than that)

I could totally go into detail on those few really ideal bands that somehow blend all these different genres I like in a great way, but maybe this is enough for one post. Lol

jeez, probably a bit the same,the EDM at least, it used to be the only genre i listened to, or at least, was a major influence on my music tastes. I used to have every monstercat song and stuff <_>. but recently its fairly rare i dabble with it,and i enjoy the industrial genre. i've heard of rammstein a  bit, so ill go check them out after this post.

I like soundtracks and metal. From soundtracks Age of Wonders I and III is great:

I also like Darkest Dungeon:

Metal is my #1 music though and #1 band is Iron Maiden. I don't have favourite genre- it's about bands, not genre. But recently I've started to listen to more Polish folk metal:

huh, i remember liking nightcore back in 7th grade (no offence, pls dont take it like that) but i quickly grew out of it, looking back on it i never understood why i just listened to the vanilla version instead, i dont, to this day, understand why there's such a vast audience appeal for it

would it be possible for you to enlighten me by any chance?

Idk about him, but I personally like nightcore because it gives a bit of a "boost" into the feel of the music. More up beat, I suppose.

Can only find 4, but question's pretty relevant.

Varies. As long as it doesn't either go overboard or has no real value put into it.

ok,i played a bit of each of those and i can def appreciate the genre, hell i used to have gigabytes upon gigabytes of OST's, whether i had played/watched the origins at all.

deleted em now, trying to forget my weeb days of endless anime and weird eccentric behaviours, no offence to anyone who fits that archtype. 

M8, I listen to my playlist of over 450 songs on shuffle every day, and add more too. There is just no way to pick less than like 50 of them LOL. If I can narrow it down to 10 or so I'll post a list here in a new reply I guess.

Idk about him, but I personally like nightcore because it gives a bit of a "boost" into the feel of the music. More up beat, I suppose.

probs my affliction with it is due to what i mentioned to my earlier post with me trying to forget my "weeb" per se days.

also, i felt the main appeal for most, if not all people, was that there were "pretty animu grillz"

and the majority of the fanbase was in fact, 12 or around that age, so its fairly difficult to publicly appreciate it without being grouped together with the prepubescent fanbase

I like soundtracks and metal. From soundtracks Age of Wonders I and III is great:

I also like Darkest Dungeon:

Metal is my #1 music though and #1 band is Iron Maiden. I don't have favourite genre- it's about bands, not genre. But recently I've started to listen to more Polish folk metal:

folk? metal? polish? brb, listening to it now

UPDAAATE: that was dope, the vocals were pretty good, not what im used ot hearing, but in a incredibly good way, cheers for helping me find this gem. apart from the fact that  cant understand a word they're saying, pretty high tier band imo.

i need to stop flaming folk music :/

M8, I listen to my playlist of over 450 songs on shuffle every day, and add more too. There is just no way to pick less than like 50 of them LOL. If I can narrow it down to 10 or so I'll post a list here in a new reply I guess.

do that then c:

ill be waiting, no pressure.

bb pls, your list is crashing google chrome on my 4GB laptop, it took 20 secs to type that last sentence smh

on a more on-topic approach, some of those names are familiar, namely SOAD and powerwolf, but none of which are personally appealing to me.

probs my affliction with it is due to what i mentioned to my earlier post with me trying to forget my "weeb" per se days.

also, i felt the main appeal for most, if not all people, was that there were "pretty animu grillz"

and the majority of the fanbase was in fact, 12 or around that age, so its fairly difficult to publicly appreciate it without being grouped together with the prepubescent fanbase

i need to stop flaming folk music :/

Well ain't that a problem with most fanbases that contain something that can be considered a waifu.

I also forgot to mention that Gypsy and Polka music are pretty dope.

This person is pretty good with his own musical feat. The metal genre that he uses is pretty light for me to accept it too. Overall good music content.

Simple solution: stop giving a single **** what anyone thinks/says. :3

do that then c:

ill be waiting, no pressure.

Ok here we go. In no particular order, and sometimes for the music itself rather than the actual song (lyrics):

-Heaven Knows - The Pretty Reckless

-Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5

-Young Blood - Bea Miller

-Beethoven Virus - Diana Boncheva

-One For The Money - Escape The Fate

-My Love - Kuba Oms

-On My Own - Ashes Remain

-Blank Space - ORIGINAL BY: Taylor Swift BUT, it has to be the Twenty One Two cover, this is important- it's completely different than the original.

-I'm Not An Angel - Halestorm

-Little Toy Guns - Carrie Underwood

-Wolf In Sheep's Clothing - Set It Off (most of their songs are pretty **** good- so I'd say the band as a whole. "Why Worry" is also very good)

-At The End Of The World - VERIDIA

-Words - Skylar Grey

-Stumbling In Your Footsteps - Get Scared

-Alive - Adelitas Way

This is just a very small selection of a very broad set of genres from many different generations on my playlist. There's also lots of OLD music that I don't keep on my playlist since I can usually hear it on the radio. Anything around the time of Paul McCartney I generally love. I feel like if there are "ages" of music, just after that is when the "age" changed to what it is now- in a very very VERY broad spectrum of genres. Each have their good and bad, but I feel like back then music meant a lot more and had heart compared to today's.