The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal-Best Eb Build?

(PSN)CoolD2108

Question

Hey guys, i'm currently working on a EB build for excal and i'm not sure about the details...

Thought about:

Vitality

Prime Flow

Transient fortitude+Blind rage for 230% strength

Max Narrow mindet + Prime con to cover the duration efficiency

Fleeting expertise max + streamline to cover the efficiency

I'm just not sure how to balance this build propperly...

Is it better to use max blind rage + intensify to gain the additional duration for the efficiency?

Is fleeting expertise even worth using as it splits efficiency&duration equally?

What's the PERFECT EB build for excal?

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

7 answers to this question

Building for humoungous amounts of power strenght is completely useless because once enemy scaling starts to ramp up the only way you can keep up is by blinding enemies - and that build above has a 100% useless blind.

If you want to go for it so badly, the build you can use is:

- Aura: Corrosive Projection (for infested and corpus use Steel Charge instead)

- Exilus: Power Drift

Streamline max

Fleeting Expertise max

Primed Continuity

Transient Fortitude

Intensify

Rage

Vitality

Steel Fiber

200% strenght, 70% duration, maxed efficiency for both EB and everything else.

Edited by Autongnosis

Building for humoungous amounts of power strenght is completely useless because once enemy scaling starts to ramp up the only way you can keep up is by blinding enemies - and that build above has a 100% useless blind.

If you want to go for it so badly, the build you can use is:

- Aura: Corrosive Projection (for infested and corpus use Steel Charge instead)

- Exilus: Power Drift

Streamline max

Fleeting Expertise max

Primed Continuity

Transient Fortitude

Intensify

Rage

Vitality

Steel Fiber

200% strenght, 70% duration, maxed efficiency for both EB and everything else.

I honestly rather use a stealthed slash dash build for that purpose...

Basicly

Vitality

Intensify+transient

Max efficiency

Surging dash

Prime flow

Prime con

With a huras kubrow.

The range was somewhat crippled with the change as it created a need to use duration over range but it's still pretty viable. Beein stealthed gives the same multiplier as blinding would and attacking with the slash dash waves doesn't break it as you gain a additional multiplier with surging dash.

*Better damage w multipliers and weapon build (max damage over utility)

*Better defense as you're stealthed 90% of the time

*Slightly worse useability as you rely on single waves over fluent combos on a still way higher damage base, what's on spot for this purpose.

*No selfsubstain but i kinda doubt that excal is able to tank highlvl bullets anyways....

That's not the aim for that one tho. Just looking for a build to rush nonendless missions.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

The build I prefer for my ExcalP EB build is:

R4 FE

R5 Streamline

R10 Primed Continuity

R5 Intensify

R10 Transient Fortitude

Vitality

Rage

SF

(Last three are wildcards, sometimes Stretch, sometimes Continuity, sometimes Surging Dash)

[25% ability costs, 185% strength, 77.5% duration, neutral range, Rage+double EHP mods]

The key is the relationship between R4 FE, max Primed Continuity and TF - together they give a nice strength+eff boost while leaving 77.5% duration, which is enough to reduce EB costs to nearly minimum - (its 2.5% more than minimum). The higher duration (opposed to a 40% max eff build) helps for blind, the 4x modifier and finisher opener being crucial to damage output.

For the last 3 mods I like to run Vit+Rage, for the added energy generation (to cycle with Life Strike), and some added armor for durability (I sometimes run Arcane Guardian on my syandana and I have the prime with a touch more armor). Other options include increased duration, range, or damage from the SD augment.

If you have a level 8-9 PCont I'd use R5 FE - if you don't have PCont I'd use both Constitution and Continuity for the same effect, taking up another mod slot tho.