Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus System Suggestions For Improvement/change

LightstealKnight

1.  Do not make the Tier/Level of the ability equipped effect cooldown

The main reason for this is that you cannot reduce the Level/Tier of an ability so if you accidentally leveled something up too high, you will suffer on the cooldown.

2.  Do not reset the cooldown after using a revive.

2.) I think it's good that you reset the cooldown on revive. This way you have something to 'live for'. You are 'rewarded' with the Focus ability if you survive long enough. I think this cooldown thing might be tied with the lore with the "Transference"-thing, as where you get 'better wireless connection' between your frame and tenno. So when you die and use a revive your connection between the entities is severed and thus you need to 'reconnect'.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say with my poor language skills.

3.  Make it be cancel-able.

Occasionally I am stuck in the Focus state and I would like to be able to cancel it early to assist my team in a specific way.

3.) You actually can Cancel your Focus ability[5] by pressing your focus skill [5] again.

4.  Different focus states for different schools.

As of now, all focus schools have the same state-mechanic.  Your warframe becomes inactive, you gain control of your tenno specter for a period of time, and your warframe re-animates.

Some states (such as Madurai) should not deactivate your warframe but have a different mechanic.  The debuff of disabling your warframe makes the focus state not worth using.

5.  Focus-state flight

You already have the mechanic from Wukong, and the focus state animation is already flying, just mix them together.  There is no reason to have a focus-state tenno fall into a pit.

6.  Sentinal/Kubrow Activity

Please have your sentinal/kubrow remain with the downed warframe and not follow the tenno.

7.  Loadout Options

This will become more relevant in the future, but we need preset school and tree configurations to be able to apply to different loadouts, this is a quality of life improvement.

8.  Cross-School Skills

Just a suggestion so that players are rewarded for leveling up multiple schools.

9.  Party Synergy

Just a suggestion so that players feel rewarded for taking different schools into a mission (school diversity).

Some benefit for all using your focus schools at the same time within range of each other (perhaps applying the passive buffs to everyone).

10.  Diminishing Cooldown penalty

Players that invest a lot of time in a school are penalized very harshly on their cooldowns.  We need to invoke a cap to cooldown time or reduce the penalty or penalty for additional abilities after the first.

Or invoke some other mechanic to limit the number of additional skills.

11.  Additional Skills

Let us use the left mouse-button, the right mouse button, the melee button to preform different skills while in the focus-state.

As an example the Chimera breath applies while holding the right mouse-button.

Edited by Enemy1

I'd have to say, this is well thought out compared to some other posts I've read which are mostly rant threads.

Seeing as Focus is still somewhat new I know it's kind of considered bad manners to reference another games system but I believe that DE might want to take a look at Blizzards Diablo 3. They seem to understand the concept of cool down vs ability strength, or at least know how to make abilities with cool downs useful and not just annoying to use.

But this is still being worked on so I can't be too mad.

I'd add a suggestion for a more "fair" Focus points gain (it is really not fair as it is now, you need to use farming and exploit techniques to get something other than a ridiculous amount). They will add the affinity gain shared among squad members, so maybe it will fix the issue. It's better to wait and see about that.

Good suggestions!

Althou:

2.) I think it's good that you reset the cooldown on revive. This way you have something to 'live for'. You are 'rewarded' with the Focus ability if you survive long enough. I think this cooldown thing might be tied with the lore with the "Transference"-thing, as where you get 'better wireless connection' between your frame and tenno. So when you die and use a revive your connection between the entities is severed and thus you need to 'reconnect'.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say with my poor language skills.

3.) You actually can Cancel your Focus ability[5] by pressing your focus skill [5] again.

I'd add a suggestion for a more "fair" Focus points gain (it is really not fair as it is now, you need to use farming and exploit techniques to get something other than a ridiculous amount). They will add the affinity gain shared among squad members, so maybe it will fix the issue. It's better to wait and see about that.

Shared XP will help a lot, and Greater lenses are already worth it.

We should hold off on judging the point gain until this change is implemented.

*Edit

Just did a 4k cryotic mission on Pluto and only got 13k focus.  Seems a bit low.

CZ8GphC.jpg

Edited by Enemy1