Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ominous Loading Screen Message?[Megathread]

Cleesus

o9D6tmC.jpg

Any Ideas?

Any Tenno Scholars around?

New lore go go go

Seems like we have several translations going [in spoilers]

I saw that screen and was looking out for death squads the whole mission. That screen definitely caught me off guard.

So, I don't know what this is but I was playing some void missions​ and a box came up while I was loading into one of them with some strange text scrolling across it.  I don't know if this is grineer text or what, or if this is a bug.  I took a  screenshot.  If anyone knows what this says tell me. xD

QhYRL22.jpg

I would like to present my interpretation of the translations provided thus far: that the Tenno's remote-controling OS is showing its Warframe connection reestablishment protocol window.

Quotes are in bold. Definitions are in normal text. Interpretive analysis is in italics. 

"Void-Link Severed" = Seems like the Tenno lost connection from the Warframe temporarily. 

"Reason foreigner carrier detected. Origin Unknown. Suspection Trapping Signal. Reinitializing dipolar connection in novel(/naval?) carrier." = Interference from something occurred. Sentient or Orokin tech messing with the Tenno-Warframe link perhaps?

"Bio in standby for check and sync." = Warframe being prepped to be sync'd with the Tenno operator. The "bio" likely refers to the Warframe unit which does bleed and would thus necessarily have a nervous system, controlled by some intermediary that receives commands from the Tenno.

"Motion compensation complete." = "Motion compensation describes a picture in terms of the transformation of a reference picture to the current picture. The reference picture may be previous in time or even from the future. When images can be accurately synthesized from previously transmitted/stored images, the compression efficiency can be improved (wikipedia)."

This makes it seem like all sensory data from the Warframe is sent to the Tenno in a more compressed, efficient state to make response time faster to compensate for distance lag.

"Selenic lensing locked" = "Selenic" (meaning related to the Moon) & "lensing" (referring to focusing of energy). Somehow, the moon seems to be related to Tenno-Warframe link upkeep. 

"Somatic control established" = "Somatic" (of the body). This must be the "check" stated earlier in the link protocol. The intermediary component in the Waframe (like an artificial thalamus acting as the central relay hub between the biological Warframe and the distant Tenno) likely checks to see that it can relay orders to the nervous system and sends feedback to the Tenno's operating system. This check was positive.

"Margulis(?) implantation intact. EVM status nominal." = EVM (electronic voltmeter/error vector magnitude?). Whatever these implantation and EVM components may be, they must be vital.

"War platform awaiting sync." = The later step of the "Bio in standby for check and sync" line stated earlier. The check resulted in "somatic control established" and now the Warframe is prepared to receive synchronization though the "selenic lensing" that has already been established.

"Initializing somatic overlay." = Overlay (to cover, mount, diffuse over). This must be the stage where the Tenno's consciousness appears to inhabit the Warframe avatar.

"Good night, sweet angel." = To remotely and fully control an avatar, having all motor signals from one's brain sent not to your real body, but to the intended Warframe instead would result in your true body taking on a sleep-like state where it does not move. 

theJohnson!

Put this in the OP! ;D^

All I hope is that it isn't some rng craziness needed to happen before certain time or you can't proceed further like some of the recent quests **cough*natah*cough*juggernaught*cough**

It's DE, and Sheldon's most likely in charge of all things RNG, so it's pretty much a given that it'll be some "rng craziness."

It's DE, and Sheldon's most likely in charge of all things RNG, so it's pretty much a given that it'll be some "rng craziness."

I was lucky with juggernaught as I knew when they released juggernaught in project blackseeds a drop from enemy for pherliac pods gonna be used for something plus infested raid just made by belief stronger that it is gonna be used for something else. Plus this is not sidetracking as we need to know how to trigger the event flag to properly decipher what event it leads to.

Unfortunately I couldn't screencap it, as it went by so fast and I was just flabbergasted on something that was super weird.

So I just got on and hopped into that recent Rejuvenation alert just because lol.

The mission was going fine, then I got hunted down by the Stalker. We took care of him no problem and finished the alert.

After that once I was back into the liset and the results popped up, my entire screen just started filling up with all this text, but in the Tenno language (the squiggly lines I like to call them haha), the format was like a letter.

Does anyone know what that was, if you know what I'm talking about? I was Google'ing around and I can't seem to find what I witness, as well that I'm not sure what I should be looking up haha.

For how many time's I've ran into the stalker in the past two years (well almost 2 years I think lol), never once I ran into something so peculiar like that.

As reference, here was my results screen, but then on top of it was all this text started coming up and it was flashing (in the Tenno language via not English haha). It kinda freaked me out for a moment there lol.\

EDIT: Ignore what I was leveling haha. I'm rank 19, just doing fodder stuff/forma'd my Sheev for some odd reason xD

0t2a1Oi.png

Also, if there's a link to like the wikia on what I'm talking about, feel free to share, since I'm super curious what I saw!

Cheers!~

EDIT: Athros posted the thread about this, but this is what I saw: vqYVJ9U.png

But yeah, anyone else run into this weird bit?

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

Most likely it has to do with U18 seeing that the new quest in that update will be focused more on the Stalker.

It will be focused on revealing what the Tenno are iirc. Stalker happens to have a role in this quest, but he is not the main focus as far as we know.

Oh my gosh, thank you thank you thank you!!!

That's exactly it!!!

I'm not going to lie, it's kind of eerie to me lol. I haven't even tabbed back into game yet since now I'm reading the thread you sent xD

and oh yeah, I have plenty of those haha. My first Stalker weapon to drop last year c;   Ever since all I get are Despairs, and the occasional Hates sprinkled around~

It took me ages to get the one I actually wanted via Dread. Almost an entire year until it eventually dropped, though now Dread has dropped 2 or 3 more times since. A bit bummed I couldn't give them away, as an old bud of mine always wanted Hate :/

#butstillhavemyDespairs&Hatespls

#2many5me

#plsDEletmegiveawaytheseblueprints

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

While looking at this I translated Margoolihs to Margulis and googled it and that's the exact spelling to the last name of Carl Sagans wife. I'm not sure if this has any significance but I thought I could add my 2 cents i found to the discussion pile.