Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Se Finally Did It ...

Stoner

I have the first and second on steam. i wanna get lightning returns just so i can complete the darn trilogy. (actually, the farthest i've gotten in the entire story was halfway? (when every character can use any paradigm? not sure) through the first game

Ya, the second was a bit more complicated. Hell, i think ill have to replay the first 2 games :/ just to remember the story a little.

As someone that picked up the special edition version of this game for the PS3 two years ago, unless you're interested in a rehash of the story in the first two, I wouldn't get your hopes up. The open world exploration is a plus definitely and not in the vein of Final Hallway XIII, but the story telling and Lightning's lack of a personality(that persisted in everything she's shown in) is, for a lack of a better definition, bland.

That aside, it's certainly vibrant and expands onto the overarching story. Also, start the game on easy, because if you start on normal or hard, there's no going back unless you grind quests early on. There's a new game+ that will allow you to bring your progress over into a higher difficulty after the main story of the game is finished.

Edited by SurrealEdge