The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions On Mastery Rank

ZeWaffleMaster

Question

So I just recently got to rank 5 and I've noticed that players consider high rank those who are 12+ or so.

I believe I have mastered 3 or 4 of each weapon category (primary, secondary and melee) and 3 frames (Mag, Nyx and Nyx Prime). I currently use Nyx Prime, Latron Prime and Broken-War and I'm currently building Akjagara. I think I do decent enough damage with the Latron and the Broken-War (around 2000 with the Latron and 5000 with the Broken-War) but I'm still low-ranked.

What should I do in order to increase my rank? Should I just build every frame and weapon I can and master it? Do I need to spend too much plat to get room for the frames since I only have 2 frame gaps (and I am not very good at selling in the Trade chat, especially now that I've sold my prime parts for ducats)? Are there any tips I don't know about this?

6 answers to this question

Basically Mastery comes from levelling up lots of different equipment (weapons, warframes, sentinels, sentinel weapons, kubrows etc.).

To be honest, you don't need to have a very high mastery to be a good player, Mr12 is just considered high because that is the point where you can get everything in the game (all weapons, warframes etc.) and that they think you'll have tried, tested and understood game mechanics, frame abilities and stuff like that. 

I recommend you get your mastery rank as high as possible; MR 12 unlocks all weapons from the market, dojo, and syndicate and going higher will give you more loadout slots and increase you syndicate reputation cap. These are like the only good reasons to get high MR.

Now you don't actually have to increase your warframe/weapon slots; as you're leveling them up, throw away the ones you're not gonna use so you conserve you platinum usage and only expand if you want to keep it.

Let's not forget that a lot of weaponry and clan tech is barred behind mastery. At MR5 you can pick up syndicate secondaries, MR6 to unlock clan tech weapons from the dojo, MR 12 for syndicate primaries.

Getting to 8 is where a lot of people just set their sights on because it allows access to the Orcus relay on Pluto whenever the Void Trader is around.