Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oxium Osprey's Suicide Charge

RayneCoat

Oxium Ospreys have this kamikaze charge that tends to annoy me when trying to sidestep it.
I can understand that its carrying a rare resource and denying it to the players is beneficial to thier cause (and improving player reaction/tactics) but it needs to be a bit more telegraphed in terms of its collision detection.
The charge generates this deceptively large death-sphere that triggers a self-destruct that will deny its Oxium drop if you're in the way but there's no way to know how big it is. Perhaps an energy field that matches the death-sphere's size could be generated during its wind-up to inform players how much distance needs to be covered in order to dodge the attack.

Well, there are Uncommon Containers around dropping the stuff.

Besides, I wouldn't mind having these tanky things to kill themselves instead of wasting a few shotgun rounds on it.

Nah, OP just wants to know how big the explosions are so they can get out of range. At first glance, it seems very small, but the actual explosion is bigger than the animation, which can be pretty destructive at high levels.

At first glance, it seems very small, but the actual explosion is bigger than the animation, which can be pretty destructive at high levels.

I did notice the size of the Suicide collision to be slightly larger than the osprey intended to be.

Possibly a Red bubble barrier would suffice the visual for the ramming.